Anyone at UT Austin?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 11:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zangel
Do they let Sophomores live in the dorms?
Yes you can. I believe you just apply with the University Housing Authority (UHA) back in 01-02 it came out roughly to 5500-6 for the year. Meals included, I had the platinum meal plan. Also the local restaurants started allowing you to use your Bevo bucks and I was out of money by March.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by UTEvo8
+1 on North campus. Easy to get to school with all the buses and no west campus cluster f***.
werd...

wait a minute... i lived with you
Old 12-03-2008, 01:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

jester east represent... got to live with the athletes
Old 12-03-2008, 09:01 AM
TECH Junkie

Jester West my first year. Castilian my 2nd and 3rd.

My experience in Jester was FAR better. The food sucked, the accommodations were cramped, and the shared bathrooms were always a mess. However, there was a feeling of "we're all in this together, so let's make the best of it.

In the Castilian, many people were really stuck up and felt like "someone" should clean up their mess for them. There was a lot of vandalism by the people who lived there. I stayed two years because I was rooming with a friend and he didn't want to move.

After that, I moved in with a couple other friends in a place way up in north Austin (Mopac at Parmer). Great apartment, but they jacked rent up after our first year and we ended up having to move into a duplex in Far West.

-Mike
Old 12-03-2008, 10:22 AM
Launching!

Might also want to have him look into Dobie Center. I think you can still get a place there that comes out to around 700ish/mo (w/ meals).
Old 12-03-2008, 11:30 AM
Fiery Features Director

Great! Thanks for all the suggestions. I will look into it and see what I can find out.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Tiff, he can definitely live in the dorms if they have the openings. Jester East/West should have some spots. Not a palace, but he will meet SO many people there.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:49 AM
Fiery Features Director

Originally Posted by BigBronco
Tiff, he can definitely live in the dorms if they have the openings. Jester East/West should have some spots. Not a palace, but he will meet SO many people there.
He definitely doesn't need a palace.... He will just have to deal with whatever we can find him. Hopefully it isn't too late to get him in.

Oh, and I checked out the Dobie Center. It looks like the prices start around $900 but it does include meals. They aren't taking applications for the Spring though. That could be an option for the Fall.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by chupr0kabra
Jester West my first year. Castilian my 2nd and 3rd.

My experience in Jester was FAR better. The food sucked, the accommodations were cramped, and the shared bathrooms were always a mess. However, there was a feeling of "we're all in this together, so let's make the best of it.

In the Castilian, many people were really stuck up and felt like "someone" should clean up their mess for them. There was a lot of vandalism by the people who lived there. I stayed two years because I was rooming with a friend and he didn't want to move.

After that, I moved in with a couple other friends in a place way up in north Austin (Mopac at Parmer). Great apartment, but they jacked rent up after our first year and we ended up having to move into a duplex in Far West.

-Mike

werd, the castilian was like a trashy motel IMO...

I still recommend North Campus though. IF he can find a roommate, that is even better...

There are plenty of bus routes to catch, the Cap Metro 3 goes down guadalupe

UT has buses traveling down speedway (Intra Mural Fields route), and the Red River bus.

Cap metro has a bus the 7 and 5 which also runs right through North Campus.

plus side about north campus, not as crowded and you can find parking.
Old 12-03-2008, 06:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

West campus is a mess. Hyde Park/North Campus; less expensive, especially with roommates. Buses come by regularly, so no troubles getting to campus. Living east of I35 is a risk, but if he's willing to take it rent is much cheaper.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:08 PM
Fiery Features Director

Either I or my parents will take him down there soon to check out some of the apartments we found. Hopefully something good will turn up. The price might be a little more than we had originally hoped, but I don't want to see him living in a bad area.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

does he want to go to a 6 kegger on friday night? i know a little spirit group throwing a party :o
Old 12-03-2008, 09:18 PM
Fiery Features Director

Originally Posted by | Powered by Satan |
does he want to go to a 6 kegger on friday night? i know a little spirit group throwing a party :o
Yeah, I'm sure he would love that! Although, he's not moving there until after Christmas. I'll check with you after he gets there to find out where the next party's at....I'll have to go and supervise
Old 12-03-2008, 09:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

hahahahaha right on