De La Hoya -vs- Pacquiao, streaming online free???

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 09:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DeerHunter_Z28
You couldn't be more wrong buddy, he built his legacy by fighting the best of the best when he was young, genaro hernandez, jcchavez, quartey, sweet pea, tito, sugar shane etc. etc. Now his last 3 or 4 fights were hand picked, but saying he ducked good fighters for 10 years is absolute bullshit.
I'll give you a few of those as good fights (Shane, whittaker, Ike)...

but JC Chavez? cmon now...dude was over the hill himself even at the first fight....and JC racked up his 100 wins against horrendous competition anyway...I think he even fought Nacho Libre once...

Genaro...another guy who fought "Mexican taxi drivers" like JCC...

Look, I'm not saying the guy didn't have a really nice career, just that it's highly overrated...for the several good fights in the late 90s he took, he also ducked a lot of guys, too.

You DLH fans should just be thankful he ducked Margarito and decided to try the smaller Pacquiao...otherwise he might be dead.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sooner Todd
I'll give you a few of those as good fights (Shane, whittaker, Ike)...

but JC Chavez? cmon now...dude was over the hill himself even at the first fight....and JC racked up his 100 wins against horrendous competition anyway...I think he even fought Nacho Libre once...

Genaro...another guy who fought "Mexican taxi drivers" like JCC...

Look, I'm not saying the guy didn't have a really nice career, just that it's highly overrated...for the several good fights in the late 90s he took, he also ducked a lot of guys, too.

You DLH fans should just be thankful he ducked Margarito and decided to try the smaller Pacquiao...otherwise he might be dead.
Please name some guys he ducked when he was in his prime, please enlighten me. He hand picked his last 3 or 4 fights, well because he could, but once again when he was in his prime he fought the best and beat most of them (whether the record says it or not, ie: tito, sugar shane 2). He hasn't been in his prime in probably 4-5 years and it's a young mans game now, but to say his career is overrated is one of the dumbest statements I have ever read. I'm not even that big of a fan, but I felt the need to say something about that retarted comment.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:30 PM

Please name some guys he ducked when he was in his prime, please enlighten me. He hand picked his last 3 or 4 fights, well because he could, but once again when he was in his prime he fought the best and beat most of them (whether the record says it or not, ie: tito, sugar shane 2). He hasn't been in his prime in probably 4-5 years and it's a young mans game now, but to say his career is overrated is one of the dumbest statements I have ever read. I'm not even that big of a fan, but I felt the need to say something about that retarted comment.
Hey...I asked what his big wins were the first ten years of his career and you can't name more than three...sorry but Genaro and an old JCC who had careers of beating up ex-illegal immigrant drywallers don't much count.

Who did DLH duck?

Well, Margarito, Winky, Hatton are a few, but it's not even so much completely ducking....lots of times he just ducked until guys were old as ****

Here's some "big wins" for DLH in the 90s:

JCC (34) (36)
Sweet Pea (33)
Camacho (35)
Avila (36)
Quartay (31)

Can you name one fighter DLH fought in the 90s who had any meaningful wins in their career after they fought DLH...all of the "name" fighters were threadbare when he fought them.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:48 PM
On The Tree

You couldn't be more wrong buddy, he built his legacy by fighting the best of the best when he was young, genaro hernandez, jcchavez, quartey, sweet pea, tito, sugar shane etc. etc. Now his last 3 or 4 fights were hand picked, but saying he ducked good fighters for 10 years is absolute bullshit.
You fail to mention Feliz Trinidad who beat him. Also, personally think Pac Man is the first real fighther he has fought since then, who had the ability of going pound for pound. De La Hoya has skills no doubt, I respect the guy. But the last 10 yrs, he hasn't really tested himself against a great fighter in his prime.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Bruser's LS1
You fail to mention Feliz Trinidad who beat him. Also, personally think Pac Man is the first real fighther he has fought since then, who had the ability of going pound for pound. De La Hoya has skills no doubt, I respect the guy. But the last 10 yrs, he hasn't really tested himself against a great fighter in his prime.
Oh you mean FELIX trinidad, who I mentioned already, his nickname is tito. Most "experts" agreet DLH won that fight pretty easily.
Old 12-09-2008, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Bruser's LS1
Ok, he lost to Trinidad in '99...I guess that means his career in the 90s was legendary...

And to me, it's the first half of his career where he didn't fight many worthy opponents in their prime...JCC, Ike, Sweet Pea, etc.

He's fought much better caliber of opponents this decade...but of course he's gotten his *** handed to him repeatedly by them.
Old 12-09-2008, 02:26 PM

Oh you mean FELIX trinidad, who I mentioned already, his nickname is tito. Most "experts" agreet DLH won that fight pretty easily.
I saw the fight...I certainly though DLH won it, too...

At least up until the last 5 rounds where he ran from Tito after getting his ribs/liver/midsection fucked up....a weakness that was later exposed again by Hopkins.

I would have had the fight even or 115-113 either way...I didn't see the decision as blatantly bad as some did. If DLH wanted to win, he could have done *something* the last half of the fight instead of listening to his corner and putting on the ice skates.
Old 12-09-2008, 02:29 PM
On The Tree

Are you serious. Did you watch that fight? Or just read reviews? De La Hoya lost hands down. Trinidad was the better fighter in the match, no excuses. Had Trinidad not retired he could have been his kryptonite throughout his career. Kinda like Chuck Lidell and Tito Ortiz. I respect the mans work ethic, career, and what he has done business wise outside the ring. But to many people overrate him sometimes.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the worst is when FLOYD MAYWEATHER wore the mexican clothing to the ring and beat de la hoya!! i thought that was messed up but funny..
Old 12-09-2008, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
the worst is when FLOYD MAYWEATHER wore the mexican clothing to the ring and beat de la hoya!! i thought that was messed up but funny..
Speaking of spending a decade never fighting anyone who was a threat..........

At least he's fought (and beat) some good guys the last several years, so you can't really ciriticize him as hard as you used to could. Still needs to fight Cotto, Pacquiao and/or Margarito though.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:56 PM
12 Second Club

Mayweather was a joke...when he and Oscar went at it, he ran around the ring never really swinging...i dont beleive he won that fight but whatever...pacman would make mayweather his bitch too!!