Cars all over League City spray painted.

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 05:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a trans am once that had a pinstripe job done on it.. Took easy off oven cleaner sprayed it on a rag and wiped it right off should work the same on spray paint. Then just wax the car again when your finished. Hope that helps you out
Old 12-07-2008, 05:54 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Trev_SS
Damn if I remeber right in some of your previous post you said your dad owned a body shop or worked at one let him deal with it man.
I would LOVE to, but he lives in Arlington, and there's NO way I'm going to drive all the way there with my car looking like it does. Well... I got most of it off. Still have a bit more. This is ridiculous.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:06 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Slash8915
Anyone detail cars that thinks they can get this off for me?
H/C/I Stang details cars. he has a few threads he has posted up around here detailing his work, he's really good. I can PM you his number if you want
Old 12-07-2008, 06:08 PM
Launching!

You and your neighbors should find out what times these paintings are taking place. Find out how long between each hit, the estimated time of night each hit happened, what nights they occurred on. Just find a pattern. Map/ plot locations of the hits. These shitbreaks are probaly on foot, leaving a spraycan in a ditch (could have fallen out of a car parked next to the ditch though) as they walk from house to house, street by street.

The left behind spray can could be key info (not for fingerprints probly).

What color was it? was it empty? IF it was empty, and only white/ gold where used, was there other cars after yours (or where ever the can was found) that was only painted one color? This could tell you wich way they came from and their rought. Couple this with the other target areas (6?) and bam, you have their relative point of origin. I would be on a f***ing headhunt.

Go on a night patrole make a citzn arrest. Make the morning news.

This **** has happened to me ( keyed my WS6 twice within one month ) and all I could do was sit up as late as I could each night and keep a lookout.

Man, Im really pissed off just thinking about it again.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:08 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by rooster99ss
H/C/I Stang details cars. he has a few threads he has posted up around here detailing his work, he's really good. I can PM you his number if you want
Definitely. How much does he charge? I will have it off, but I wouldn't mind him going over it and making SURE it's off. Better safe than sorry.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:15 PM
Launching!

Definitely. How much does he charge? I will have it off, but I wouldn't mind him going over it and making SURE it's off. Better safe than sorry.
he would have to quote you the exact price, because of the situation with your car. he's on your side of town too, lives over by Kemah. hang on a sec, and I'll PM you his number
Old 12-07-2008, 06:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man i would straight **** those dudes in the face.. i'm talking hunting them around your neighborhood. You can hire me if you want.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:36 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by SiL3NtXWS6
man i would straight **** those dudes in the face.. i'm talking hunting them around your neighborhood. You can hire me if you want.
Nice offer, but I don't think they live in my neighborhood. If one of you catch them doing this to your ****, please... **** them up EXTRA hard for me.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Damn, makes me want to take a lil drive over to your area and give them a lil peice of my mind if I knew I could catch em in the act....yeah, I'm a ways away but that **** pisses me off.....Fkin with someones car = Deff not cool.......pretty sure getting tackled and having a 9mm stuck in their face would make em think twice...
Old 12-07-2008, 07:48 PM
On The Tree

That how people get shot
Old 12-07-2008, 07:49 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by quickblue2
That how people get shot
You're telling me. If I would have actually SEEN them doing it, I know I would have shot them without a second thought. I don't care HOW old they were. Does that make me a bad person? Haha.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:11 PM
Teching In

holy ****. Sorry to hear about your car.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:22 PM
11 Second Club

You're telling me. If I would have actually SEEN them doing it, I know I would have shot them without a second thought. I don't care HOW old they were. Does that make me a bad person? Haha.
perfectly legal
Old 12-07-2008, 09:08 PM
TECH Addict

7-8 cars at a apartment in waco texas got spray painted last night cops where getting fingerprints off the cans this morning
Old 12-07-2008, 09:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

I wonder if this could work....instead of having to stay up all night, get a remote activated spot light like how people have above their garage. Then wire it up somehow so that instead of the light coming on, it turns on some sort of small alarm in your bedroom. That way if the punks come back and if it goes off, they won't know until it's too late and they meet their maker.

I feel for ya man. That's just awful!
Old 12-07-2008, 09:55 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lacquer thinner will get it off of the paint. You will probably have to replace the vinyl emblems when you remove the paint from that area. Lacquer thinner on a basecoat clearcoat paint job will not mess it up but will remove the gold paint. Be careful on the tail lights because it will melt the plastic. You can get some wet/dry sand paper (600 grit) and wet sand it off the tail lights. Once it's most of the way off the lights, finish up with 1000 or higher grit and then polish them with a buffing wheel. Keep the wheel wet and moving or it will melt the compound into the plastic. If that happens, sand that area and re-polish. Keep the cloth damp with the thinner. Don't soak your the cloth.

As for catching the bastards, they probably don't have cars, so they probably don't live far away. Next, that brand of spray paint may be different from what other stores offer. Find out who sells that brand of paint. Most stores today can pull reports of when specific items were sold since that's what they use to replenish inventory properly. See if they can pull a report for the cops and then pull video from that time of day. Ask the investigator to do this.

Make sure you show up for court that day or they'll dismiss the case! File a civil case against their parents too. You can do that for around 50 bucks in Dallas county for a suit up to 5k.
Remember their names and when they get out, keep track of them. 10 years down the road when you see them working somewhere, act like a customer and get them in trouble. Tell the store manager that they cussed you out when you asked them a question or something bad. Set em up and get em fired. That's what my brother did. This guy got his life straightened out 10 years after breaking into our house and was assistant mgr at this place. My brother was a contractor and spent about 500k/year with this supply company. He saw the guy working there and told the store owner that if he ever saw that guy in there again, he would take his business elsewhere and tell all of his contractor friends to do the same. That guy disappeared.
What comes around goes around!
Old 12-07-2008, 10:14 PM
TECH Regular

sorry man that sucks i dont know wut i would do, i got shocked and mad when i saw ur pics, i feel like goin down thier and starting a watch, but if somehow this starts up here in spring u bet ill kick all thier asses and tie em up in the garage and and let u know, and everyone else who wants a shot, messin with peoples cars is way to far
Old 12-07-2008, 10:21 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06
Lacquer thinner will get it off of the paint. You will probably have to replace the vinyl emblems when you remove the paint from that area. Lacquer thinner on a basecoat clearcoat paint job will not mess it up but will remove the gold paint. Be careful on the tail lights because it will melt the plastic. You can get some wet/dry sand paper (600 grit) and wet sand it off the tail lights. Once it's most of the way off the lights, finish up with 1000 or higher grit and then polish them with a buffing wheel. Keep the wheel wet and moving or it will melt the compound into the plastic. If that happens, sand that area and re-polish. Keep the cloth damp with the thinner. Don't soak your the cloth.

As for catching the bastards, they probably don't have cars, so they probably don't live far away. Next, that brand of spray paint may be different from what other stores offer. Find out who sells that brand of paint. Most stores today can pull reports of when specific items were sold since that's what they use to replenish inventory properly. See if they can pull a report for the cops and then pull video from that time of day. Ask the investigator to do this.

Make sure you show up for court that day or they'll dismiss the case! File a civil case against their parents too. You can do that for around 50 bucks in Dallas county for a suit up to 5k.
Remember their names and when they get out, keep track of them. 10 years down the road when you see them working somewhere, act like a customer and get them in trouble. Tell the store manager that they cussed you out when you asked them a question or something bad. Set em up and get em fired. That's what my brother did. This guy got his life straightened out 10 years after breaking into our house and was assistant mgr at this place. My brother was a contractor and spent about 500k/year with this supply company. He saw the guy working there and told the store owner that if he ever saw that guy in there again, he would take his business elsewhere and tell all of his contractor friends to do the same. That guy disappeared.
What comes around goes around!

damn such a good idea...u just gotta find them first.....
Old 12-07-2008, 11:04 PM
On The Tree

Also might want to try some of those Mr.Clean Magic Eraser sponge things. All you do is get them wet, I used them to get wax off my trim on my truck and they work good. Also have seen them take spray paint off of a car, but it was not nearly as bad as yours.
Old 12-07-2008, 11:09 PM
9 Second Club

Talked to my dad, and I'm going to take my car up to his shop for a COMPLETE detail. I got the main parts of the paint off. All that's left is more or less unnoticeable. I'm going to have it totally detailed anyways just to be safe. Man... Stupid ******* kids... I mean, I'M 19, and this is immature to me!

Quick Reply: Cars all over League City spray painted.