What are the kids eating at Allen and Hightower high school??

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 02:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we played katy... first game every year

and i was 6'0 195 in highschool

now @ 6'2 243 :o
Old 12-23-2008, 11:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by | Powered by Satan |
we played katy... first game every year

and i was 6'0 195 in highschool

now @ 6'2 243 :o
as far as i could remember katy has always been a good team. big *****
we had to play yates, beat them one yr.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:28 PM
On The Tree

damm i am 5'7 187lb mexican lol and i went to hightower c/o 03
Old 12-23-2008, 04:32 PM
Launching!

they are some big boys! i got a customer who's son is 5'10 240lbs and he is only in the 8th grade!! he currently plays ball and will be a freshman next yr at jesuit
Old 12-23-2008, 05:00 PM
Staging Lane

4'11 here
Old 12-23-2008, 05:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

6'0 hispanic here
Old 12-23-2008, 07:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hightower is the school I attended. I don't think it's so much as roids as it is that most of the people who attend that school are predominantly African American and middle to lower income. The atheletic population there doesn't have the entitlement problem that you see with the student population from more afluent neighborhoods, so they tend to take training seriously and since they are used to being on the bottom of the food chain as is, they are pretty ferocious to prove that they have what it takes.

That's not all there is to it. Hightower has some pretty solid world class training facilities and they have the advantage of being able to train in a stadium. The equipment there would put some colleges and membership gyms to shame.

To top it all off, you have some pretty good cohesion with the student body. I remember when I went there it was a pretty good mix of minorities and everybody was cool with each other and got along, be it mexican, black, caucasion, whatever. Of course, the fact that they ran that school like a bootcamp and busted skulls when people got out of line probably had a lot to do with it. It was nicknamed "The Prison" when it first opened.

I went to ClearBrook the last half of my senior year, and I thought the Highschool would have been alot better since it was in a more affluent area of Houston. Wrong.
I never saw so many racially motivated gang fights and how much income a family brought in directly affected how a student was treated in school. It's sad really, because there was so much pressure on a kid to fit a "status" and they could not really concentrate on being a student. I think that all affects how in turn a student treats sports and athletics.

HHS students are probably more disciplined and they know they have to train and hit the weights, so they do.

Clear Brook students probably don't take the training as seriously as they should and make up for the definciency in other stuff.

Who knows, High School was way back in the day and it's a fucked up process I would never want to repeat. That's why I joined the Army. :p
Old 12-23-2008, 07:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That being said, I think steroid use, or lack thereof in Highschool is kinda blown out of proportion. Do some highschoolers use it? Probably. Do all of them? I doubt it.

As much as It would be easy to say that they all take roids, were still talking about a group of people who are lucky enough to coordinate to get a 10 dollar bottle of Vodka to a party. I really doubt your average highschooler has the supply line set up to get syringes and steroids on a regular basis.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:14 PM
Staging Lane

6'3" 255lb half Mexican half coonass here. I saw a little bit of that game and was like damn. And I'm not lil one either ! LOL
Old 12-23-2008, 07:58 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LS1vazquez
That being said, I think steroid use, or lack thereof in Highschool is kinda blown out of proportion. Do some highschoolers use it? Probably. Do all of them? I doubt it.

As much as It would be easy to say that they all take roids, were still talking about a group of people who are lucky enough to coordinate to get a 10 dollar bottle of Vodka to a party. I really doubt your average highschooler has the supply line set up to get syringes and steroids on a regular basis.
i just graduated last year.. and u would be surprised.. the school i went to wasnt even the worst.. and i would say over 70% of the good football players were on roids or have been before... and i know alotta kids from katy/cinco and the other schools that do.. some take Oral steroids some do the real thing

i work out every day and i know all the kids/guys at the gym and what they take... its sad
Old 12-23-2008, 08:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by who281
i just graduated last year.. and u would be surprised.. the school i went to wasnt even the worst.. and i would say over 70% of the good football players were on roids or have been before... and i know alotta kids from katy/cinco and the other schools that do.. some take Oral steroids some do the real thing

i work out every day and i know all the kids/guys at the gym and what they take... its sad
Are you talking Roid's, or just the bullshit you can get at GNC, (which I will admit isn't all that much better.) The legal stuff is probably just as effective and maybe just as detrimental to your long term health especially to a high schooler.

Not that I'm saying it isn't possible, but a highschooler just can't go down to Walgreens and pick up a banned substance.

Lets just say 70% of a high schools athletic population is taking steroids. Who's supplying them? The teachers? Coaches? The Parents? If they are supplying them, then where are they getting them from? Mexico? Enough to supply 7 out of every 10 highschool students?

That's all I'm saying. Just because you see somebody popping a little white pill doesn't really mean much. I've picked up some stuff from GNC that would look pretty damn suspicious by itself out of the bottle, and it's nothing more then a herbal vitamin.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:28 PM
On The Tree

ok im going to **** alot of u roid naysayers i took the juice in high school test, anadrol, and others... and i am 47 now NO side effects, because we went to the Dr then it wasnt illegal and got prescriptions and directions on what and how to take them. kids now get there directions from some num nut..... they double / triple stack the stuff and take way more than ur suppose to thinking more = bigger faster duh! and they get stuff from mexico and other far off places and God knows whats relly in them..... sorry there going to do the stuff as long as highschool football is big business....college scholarships = 200K or more that is big money......not to mention pro after and we know what those guys make.........
Old 12-23-2008, 10:35 PM
12 Second Club

i know alot of people take roids here in the valley. mexico is just a run across. i was wondering where higtower was cuz not to sound racist but it looked like an all black school facing an all white school(allen). allen won division 1 and katy won division 2.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RGV_Z28
i know alot of people take roids here in the valley. mexico is just a run across. i was wondering where higtower was cuz not to sound racist but it looked like an all black school facing an all white school(allen). allen won division 1 and katy won division 2.
Hightower is in Ft. Bend County, near HWY 6 and 512.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:49 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

5'10 Mexican 190
Old 12-23-2008, 11:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i was heavily involved in a bodybuilding lifestyle beginning at the end of my high school yrs. actually started training during hi school, but not the diet part, yet. anyways i made some serious gain with the first wave of creatine marketed by eas or pas at the time. i was on bodybuilding diet crafted by a former champion powerlifter dr. mauro di pasquale. called the anabolic diet.
it worked like crazy, i saw instant gains in mass and definition and strngth.
i also used a heavy duty training method crafted by former champion bodybuilder mike mentzer, he was one of the original trainer of dorian yates.
the diet along with the training worked very well for me. i often got approached by ppl in the gym asking if i used juice and where to get it. i was making very noticable gains and it went as far as some guys imitating my workouts, i literally had ***** following me around the gym. weird.
i have nevr used any kind of juice or performance enhancing aids. besides supplements.
i hurt my back and leg in 04' and had spasms unrelated to bodybuilding or lifting i hurt myself at the place i used to work and have not worked out like i used to since. im slowly getting back into it again. i will look back into the newer version of the diet called the metabolic diet, i know what works for me and i plan on starting again now that i have been cleared to work out again.
i have enrolled in fitness connection. but i dont like the atmosphere that much. too many ***** brother-in-lawing, sittin on the machines and not working out. i have always favored the dungeon type gyms. not really into health clubs. too much traffic and i get fustrated waiting around.
sorry long post
Old 12-23-2008, 11:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

when i played i was one of the smaller guys on the field for us at 5-8 185, line was huge 6-2 225 was the avg. graduated in 96
Old 12-23-2008, 11:16 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am just graduated last year and a few people took the crap from GNC, but that is nothing like the real thing. I am 6 ft at 150 and i was pretty strong. All it takes is motivation, dedication and discipline.
Old 12-24-2008, 03:44 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LS1vazquez
Are you talking Roid's, or just the bullshit you can get at GNC, (which I will admit isn't all that much better.) The legal stuff is probably just as effective and maybe just as detrimental to your long term health especially to a high schooler.

Not that I'm saying it isn't possible, but a highschooler just can't go down to Walgreens and pick up a banned substance.

Lets just say 70% of a high schools athletic population is taking steroids. Who's supplying them? The teachers? Coaches? The Parents? If they are supplying them, then where are they getting them from? Mexico? Enough to supply 7 out of every 10 highschool students?

That's all I'm saying. Just because you see somebody popping a little white pill doesn't really mean much. I've picked up some stuff from GNC that would look pretty damn suspicious by itself out of the bottle, and it's nothing more then a herbal vitamin.

im talkin about both really... the pro-hormones and pro-steroids (basically oral roids) are the things kids get from GNC and vitamin shoppe...

they are pretty effective and sometimes worse than the real thing because they have to pass directly through the liver..

and i know alot of "steroid dealers" and they can supply u everything and kids get needles from the farm stores.. they have needles for use on animals haha..

and these guys push roids on every lil kid and football player lookin to get big.. its easier to get roids than beer now around here..

and to the guy who got no side effects ur lucky.. some times u do sometimes u dnt..

i know plenty of kids with bitch ****(gyno) and others who have horrible liver and kidney damage..

most people who get really hurt take them wrong and take no support supplements.. but still they are not that safe at a young age..

i have almost taken them multiple times but never did and im 6'1 220 and im only 19 and been workin out for 2.5 yrs... so im not saying ALL take roids but alotttt do

**** that was long... very sorry haha
Old 12-26-2008, 11:07 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by DarkDemon
4'11 here
And a puto bwhahahaaha

Back in the day it was creatine. Than a lot of people had problems with cramps.

Quick Reply: What are the kids eating at Allen and Hightower high school??