Texas State Troopers are....

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 02:26 PM
Curveball TECH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive had some pretty distasteful experiences with cops before, but some were cool.

On one trip to austin i decided to maximize fuel economy by drafting behind an 18 wheeler. The driver thought I was pissed off at him and called the cops. A trooper pulled us both over, and was like what's the deal between you and this guy? I told him what I was doing and he laughed and just told me to drive normal. BTW, I got 33 mpg!

The next one was risky. I was going over the old toll bridge, only two lanes on each side. I was probably going the speed limit or a little under and just started passing an 18 wheeler in the other lane going just a little slower than I. A cop came flying up, got on my *** and flashed the lights. I thought man hopefully he just needs to get by, so I'll let him, QUICKLY. I downshifted and hit it to get in front of the 18w and held my breath. Luckily he went flying by and on his way.
Old 01-01-2009, 04:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

i still think state troopers are ********, at least the ones ive encountered... got pulled over twice for no front plate... dont they have better things to do
Old 01-01-2009, 04:55 PM
On The Tree

wow lots of stuff on this one im a retired 21 yr city and sheriff dept, houston and ft bend county...when i drive my f350 never get stopped doing 75 to 80 in 65 BUT in my 04 or 07 Z06 or 02 SS ive been stopped for 6mph over...... now as a city cop/sheriff we had more stuff to do than write silly tickets as long as you didnt pass me ,,,, run a redlight/stop sign in front of me... chances r i had too many calls to get to so i didnt stop too many 2 DWI in 21 years and those were accidents...DPS patrol the highways and dont usually have to deal with the calls we had too 98% of those calls r were usually BS but u gotta answer them.... so city/sheriff attitudes can be a little more harrassed than the troopers... try dealing with an irrate wife/gf just had na knock down with there bF and were have to go sort it out then a burg of a hab. or vehicle, reports on all the above then u gotta stop some DA bc he speeds by ........ more paperwork ct time when all u want to do is make it to OD time and go home......
Old 01-02-2009, 01:17 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 01CaMMMaro
i still think state troopers are ********, at least the ones ive encountered... got pulled over twice for no front plate... dont they have better things to do
Why don't you just put the plate on? Guess YOU have better things to do. You know you have to have one, yet you refuse to obey the law. Aren't you just asking to get pulled over then? I don't like the looks of the Front Plate either but that's tough.
Old 01-02-2009, 06:36 AM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Every time I've been pulled over by a trooper they've always been super nice. The city cops [here anyway] are the a*holes.

The 1st time i was pulled over by a trooper, i was coming the backway from Copperas Cove to Gatesville. I was doing 80 in a 65 and he was sitting on the side of the road, right after the crest of a hill so I didnt see him. He knew the president of our car club, so we chatted for a while. The fckr still gave me a ticket though

The 2nd time, I was in Killeen going to work [when I worked there back in 05]. I got cut off on 190 by someone entering the highway, so I sped up [within the speed limit] got behind them, was tailgating and i flashed my brights at them because they almost hit me. The trooper pulled me over, laughing, and asked me what that was all about. When I told him what happened, he laughed some more and said that road rage is a misdemeanor and for me not to do it again and he sent me on my way.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:53 AM
12 Second Club

Yea if I know I did something wrong I take my punishiment and pay the ticket, so I got busted this time. Just meens I will more watchfull next time. Out here seem like its the Hispanic or the skinny white boys who have something to prove. One got mad when we went to court and I told him that obviously the city dont have a wieght standard or PT program. I was just tryng to break the ice, He was more nervous than others there. But from another perspective, I know what its like to approch a vehicle and not know what to expect. Alot of times if a person will have thier window down, inside light on at night and hand where they can be see. It will ease the officers stress and most of the time he will just reprimand you and send you along.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:54 AM
On The Tree

01CaMMMaro no they dont thats there primary LE job..... traffic control and safety.....sheriff and city maintain law in the city and countys... DPS r lucky in that they dont get stuck doing one report after another for various crimes.... thefts burglary, assaults and such BUT they do get to do all that paperwork for DWIs...... and that is alot of work and alot of court time isnt it west tx
Old 01-02-2009, 10:01 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by tillery
Yea if I know I did something wrong I take my punishiment and pay the ticket, so I got busted this time. Just meens I will more watchfull next time. Out here seem like its the Hispanic or the skinny white boys who have something to prove. One got mad when we went to court and I told him that obviously the city dont have a wieght standard or PT program. I was just tryng to break the ice, He was more nervous than others there. But from another perspective, I know what its like to approch a vehicle and not know what to expect. Alot of times if a person will have thier window down, inside light on at night and hand where they can be see. It will ease the officers stress and most of the time he will just reprimand you and send you along.
not in my case
Old 01-02-2009, 10:04 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by tigertank
01CaMMMaro no they dont thats there primary LE job..... traffic control and safety.....sheriff and city maintain law in the city and countys... DPS r lucky in that they dont get stuck doing one report after another for various crimes.... thefts burglary, assaults and such BUT they do get to do all that paperwork for DWIs...... and that is alot of work and alot of court time isnt it west tx
That's why DPS never interested me that much, they always have to work traffic and wrecks, the 2 things I disliked the most.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:06 AM
Teching In

^^^ Absolutely. 1 DWI arrest usually takes me 2 hours not including paperwork. Then it takes another 30minutes to an hour to review the video and about an hour to type the report. So all in all a DWI can take up to 4 hours. I like the fact that we don't answer alot of calls, it helps in alot of ways. Such as:

Anyone here about the shooting New Years Eve in Concho County? Murder occurred in San Angelo roughly 5PM. Few hours later, Trooper (not having anything better to do) sees a vehicle that may or may not have the suspect in it. Initiates traffic stop, passenger (homicide suspect) gets out and starts firing 12 guage rounds at the Trooper. Trooper returns fire, fatally shotting the suspect. My point? Every LEO officer has a purpose. DPS not taking calls allow us to check these types of vehicles when other agencies are too busy with domestic / burglary calls. So when you run around without a front plate, we are going to stop you and make sure you are legit.

TX DPS topped the nation in Drug and Criminal arrests and money seizures the last 2 years. I guess it's because we don't have anything better to do.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:18 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS69TA
That's why DPS never interested me that much, they always have to work traffic and wrecks, the 2 things I disliked the most.
TX Troopers also do alot for the state with the militarty, They led the front at Davis mountains against Richard McClaren a while back. And helped with alot of Drug Raids, And Cult investgation. Out on I-10 from Kent to El-Paso they are doing a trooper every mile to help in stopping drug traffic. I support Troopers cause they dont have the luxury of back up, they man a post alone. But like Ive told glow worms at work. I want it boring out there. Cause when it isnt, the sh@t hitting the fan is puting it nicely.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:24 AM
Teching In

TX Troopers also do alot for the state with the militarty, They led the front at Davis mountains against Richard McClaren a while back. And helped with alot of Drug Raids, And Cult investgation. Out on I-10 from Kent to El-Paso they are doing a trooper every mile to help in stopping drug traffic. I support Troopers cause they dont have the luxury of back up, they man a post alone. But like Ive told glow worms at work. I want it boring out there. Cause when it isnt, the sh@t hitting the fan is puting it nicely.
Thanks tillery, I really appreciate that. We train to be alone. You either man up and take care of business when stuff hits the fan or you might not go home. I used to patrol an entire county by myself, I was the only Trooper. Nearest backup was sometimes 30 miles away and I stopped alot of oilfield traffic and work crews. Sometimes 5 guys in 1 truck and just me. I am not going to lie, I was nervous sometimes. Alot of people don't realize all that DPS has to offer. SWAT, Narcotics, Special Crimes / Terrorist Unit, Motor Vehicle Theft, Texas Rangers, K-9, Aircraft, Highway Patrol, License & Weight, Scuba Diving Team.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
I really ******* hate it when cops do this. I was minding my own business grabbing something out of my trunk the other day sitting in a gas station parking lot and a cop rolls in and sits in his car for a while I don't even pay attention to him. As I get in my car I can tell he is staring me down for whatever reason. I turn on my SS and give it just a little gas to say bye to my friend pumping up his truck and I pull up to the driveway and see the cop backing out of his spot. I pull onto the road and get up to the speed limit and he comes FLYING up behind me as if I've done something wrong I'm minding my own business and I drive around for a while like I always do if someone is harassing or following me like he was. I was driving through parking lots down back roads and everything with him right on my ***, literally. I get down the main road and get on it a little bit to get him off my bumper and I guess finally he gets the hint and backs off and I take the back roads down to a neighbor town where he finally stops and turns around. I don't think I look suspicious at all and I never drive my SS that hard so I don't know what I did to deserve that?
Was this schertx pd? seems like schertx,converse,universal city and live oak have nothing better to do most of the time
Old 01-02-2009, 11:25 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by bobbyd
Was this schertx pd? seems like schertx,converse,universal city and live oak have nothing better to do most of the time
It was the Cibolo PD but they all act the same. Selma acts like they're superior to everyone because of their V8 Chargers
Old 01-02-2009, 02:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

It was the Cibolo PD but they all act the same. Selma acts like they're superior to everyone because of their V8 Chargers
that is true I see 1 or 2 of those every week when i go down there on the weekends.

I use to live in SA but I moved to Atx. but still go just about every weekend down to SA.
Old 01-02-2009, 03:18 PM
01z
TECH Regular

i get pulled over way more in my corolla than my z28, i dont get it lol
Old 01-02-2009, 05:07 PM
TECH Addict

that is true I see 1 or 2 of those every week when i go down there on the weekends.

I use to live in SA but I moved to Atx. but still go just about every weekend down to SA.
I remember seeing your car a few times. Still have the TTII's?
Old 01-02-2009, 06:59 PM
TECH Veteran

the sh@t hitting the fan is puting it nicely.
Or "The fecal matter hitting the oscillator" as one of my instructors at the academy put it All alone out in BFE in the middle of the night automatically ups the level on the use of force continuum IMO. It's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

I remember seeing your car a few times. Still have the TTII's?
hmm was this recently? or maybe you might be confusing me with someone else.

i could be wrong though and u might have seen me driving around.

yup still got the tt2's on it

when i first got the car it had some black konig wheels on it.

u guys still hang out at biffs?
Old 01-02-2009, 08:22 PM
TECH Addict

hmm was this recently? or maybe you might be confusing me with someone else.

i could be wrong though and u might have seen me driving around.

yup still got the tt2's on it

when i first got the car it had some black konig wheels on it.

u guys still hang out at biffs?
I remember a silver WS6 on TTII's with the black stripe on the 'ram air' driving around town before.
I don't really go to Biffs too often anymore

Quick Reply: Texas State Troopers are....