View Poll Results: Do you dislike Rich Christensen from Pinks?
I hate this guy.
59.51%
No issues with him.
40.49%
Voters: 205. You may not vote on this poll

Why do so many people dislike Rich Christensen from Pinks?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 02:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 7420NW7TH
Not exactly. What about that kid from Texas that brought that super nice 10 sec NA Nova and from up north they brought a 9 sec LS1 w/ a big shot of dope. They were told to each bring a 10 sec car. If Rich had any brains at all, he would have sent that sprayed car home. I felt sorry for that kid, he was being honest, and punished for it....
That kid could have and should have backed out right when they pulled up.

He CHOSE to go on the show.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:18 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have a problem with him, i think he does his job well.. You dont really have to be a car expert to do what he does lol.. He's a host and I think he has the mindset for it. He seems to jump around a lot like he has tons of energy, duno what thats about lol
Old 01-06-2009, 03:13 PM
10 Second Club

He is the show really....when i turn it on it is him i look for intially..don't think it would be the same if he were not there.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lemons12
a better arguement?

he had a good idea for a TV show and did it... if you had a killer idea for a tv show that you KNEW would make you a nice lump of cash... BUT you werent a guru with the subject.. you just simply wouldnt do it...
no, you would follow through with it if given the opportunity... he is making money, and thats all that matters nowadays..

honestly i dont give two ***** who likes him, or if the show airs.. i dont watch it...
So you basically agree with everything I said....
I really dont see why you wasted your time with that post.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:57 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TWS
I walked across the midway about 15 feet away from him and he was "stalking" through the midway looking around with a tough guy/dramatic look on his face... and there was NOTHING going on.
lol. I think you can write books and novels. Thats pretty good writing.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by red281gt
damn this thread got long
Its all the hate coming out.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by -Ross-
That kid could have and should have backed out right when they pulled up.

He CHOSE to go on the show.
Doesn't stop Rich from being a dbag. The topic of this thread is "why do so many people dislike Rich". I said my piece and I stand by it. He is an idiot and his show sucks, hence I don't watch it anymore.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by crazy3rdgen
You dont really have to be a car expert to do what he does lol..
Actually, it is part of the contract that he can decide the specifics of a run if he thinks it is good even if the driver or owner of one car knows it isn't. As an example you are racing someone and they want 3 lengths and their bottle you only want to give them 1 and the bottle. He can just say 3 lengths and the bottle and thats the run.

So it would be helpful if he knew something.

Look at the difference between the Price is Right with Bob Barker vs Drew Carey. Drew doesn't know wtf is going on and it shows. Now would Pinks be better if there was someone that actually knew that there is no synthetic blinker fluid? I would think so. I'm no fan of the show and he is the reason why.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:49 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Urban Legend
lol. I think you can write books and novels. Thats pretty good writing.
I think I should hang on to my day job.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:50 PM
TECH Addict

I chuckle everytime he moves his arms around and flexing at the same time when he's opening that hole underneath his nose. haha I don't hate him, but I just think it's just corney/silly if that makes sense. :shrugs:
Old 01-06-2009, 09:51 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Greed4Speed
synthetic blinker fluid?
How often do I need to change it? Is there an advantage going with synthetic over non-synthetic?

Old 01-07-2009, 07:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ya, synth gives you smoother binks.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Greed4Speed
Ya, synth gives you smoother binks.
Whats a bink?
Old 01-07-2009, 10:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Its a typo.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Urban Legend
Whats a bink?
I think it's a derivative of the "LINK". Think "Bus Link".
Old 01-07-2009, 12:06 PM
On The Tree

I watched an episode of it last night and it's pretty douchey when he walks up to the drivers and says **** like, "You need to stay focused", and "Focus on the goal". WTF?
Old 01-07-2009, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by OnyxY2KSS
I think it's a derivative of the "LINK". Think "Bus Link".
Wait and see what happens when nineball sees this.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:46 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by twitchtwice
i mean to put he's an idiot but voted the wrong way.
lol
Old 01-07-2009, 05:31 PM
On The Tree

People hate Rich because it's the cool, and easy, thing to do. It's easy to be an arm chair quarter back and say what he should do on his shows. If you think you can do it better, then get your own show, sponsors, air time, track rental, and get busy!

The bottom line is that the guy is awesome for sportsman drag racing. He brings attention to sportsman drag racing that wasn't there before. If you're just a "street racer", roll racer, and never go to the track you really don't give a rats *** one way or another...in fact I'll bet the "never go to the track" crowd is the majority of the Rich haters.

But for those of us that race...not just hang out at the local street meet trying to hustle $20 for a line up...but actually go to the track and RACE, I find very few that are anti-Rich and dislike his shows.

The bottom line is that his shows promote a hobby most of us have a strong interest in. It's caught the attention of manufacturers and sponsors. It's on a national network. His events bring out tons of spectators that have never been to the track before in their lives to watch, and cheer, over some regular Joe's, like you and me, racing their cars. Rich's shows promote ALL OF THIS with a family atmosphere and shows that the track is a family friendly venue. That is something that has been ignored by the general public until his shows hit the air. THAT makes Rich, and his shows, a worthwhile effort in my opinion.

...flame away...
Old 01-07-2009, 06:23 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Saleen91
People hate Rich because it's the cool, and easy, thing to do. It's easy to be an arm chair quarter back and say what he should do on his shows. If you think you can do it better, then get your own show, sponsors, air time, track rental, and get busy!

The bottom line is that the guy is awesome for sportsman drag racing. He brings attention to sportsman drag racing that wasn't there before. If you're just a "street racer", roll racer, and never go to the track you really don't give a rats *** one way or another...in fact I'll bet the "never go to the track" crowd is the majority of the Rich haters.

But for those of us that race...not just hang out at the local street meet trying to hustle $20 for a line up...but actually go to the track and RACE, I find very few that are anti-Rich and dislike his shows.

The bottom line is that his shows promote a hobby most of us have a strong interest in. It's caught the attention of manufacturers and sponsors. It's on a national network. His events bring out tons of spectators that have never been to the track before in their lives to watch, and cheer, over some regular Joe's, like you and me, racing their cars. Rich's shows promote ALL OF THIS with a family atmosphere and shows that the track is a family friendly venue. That is something that has been ignored by the general public until his shows hit the air. THAT makes Rich, and his shows, a worthwhile effort in my opinion.

...flame away...
I said all of that, although not so well, and I got ignored. We need to look past the person and see what he's done. Who cares if he doesn't know it won't make a pass without a balancer. I like what he does for us all. When they have events the turnouts are pretty much always too big for the venue, that's a big deal.

800-456-0211 / PM / Facebook
WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice

Quick Reply: Why do so many people dislike Rich Christensen from Pinks?