Best place to buy supplements/protein etc?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 10:37 PM
I'm Mike Hutto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SonicBoom

I really hope you were posting this as a joke, because just about everything in this post is incorrect.
Im here to listen. Explain. If youre gonna call BS you better be able to back it up.

As for supplement warehouse goes..

I just made my order for the year. 13 Cell Mass 50 Serving canisters, 24 Syntha-6 Vanilla, and 12 VPX NO Shotgun. $17XX before I started Price Research. I just saved myself almost 600 bucks just by using their price match function. And free shipping since my order is so large.

I rotate proteins between ON's Pro Complex and Syntha-6. Both contain all of your BCAA's needed for protein synthesis.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Rapin'Ya
Im here to listen. Explain. If youre gonna call BS you better be able to back it up.

I just made my order for the year. 13 Cell Mass 50 Serving canisters, 24 Syntha-6 Vanilla, and 12 VPX NO Shotgun. $17XX before I started Price Research. I just saved myself almost 600 bucks just by using their price match function. And free shipping since my order is so large.

I rotate proteins between ON's Pro Complex and Syntha-6. Both contain all of your BCAA's needed for protein synthesis.
Sonicboom is correct, practically everthing you said about CM is not true. There are over 350 clinical studies done on CM in healthy adults and not a one has ever shown any adverse side effect.

Here is a link to one of those studies.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1...gdbfrom=pubmed
Old 01-11-2009, 10:53 PM
Launching!

CEE was indeed once thought to be a more efficient variant of creatine that would absorb much more quickly and without the need of a transporter protein. It looked really good on paper, unfortunately the realities were a little different and further testing showed it to actually be readily converted in a mildly toxic substance called creatinine.

David Barr is one of the foremost authorities on creatine, and explains it in a little more detail here:

http://www.raisethebarr.net/index.ph...hyl-Ester.html

There's also an interesting piece on it written by John Berardi here:

http://www.precisionnutrition.com/me...ead.php?t=2218

As far as creatine monohydrate damaging vital organs like the liver and kidneys, I'm not sure when or where this myth was started but it certainly did spread like wildfire. Truth is, most research points to just the opposite (which, if you think about it, makes sense as creatine is made by and occurs naturally in our bodies). I can link you to numerous studies verifying this if you're interested in reading up on it.

Also, for anyone taking them or thinking about taking them, don't spend your money on "nitric oxide stimulators" or "N.O. boosters" (although nitrous oxide for your vehicle is still ok).
Old 01-11-2009, 11:04 PM
I'm Mike Hutto

Originally Posted by SonicBoom
CEE was indeed once thought to be a more efficient variant of creatine that would absorb much more quickly and without the need of a transporter protein. It looked really good on paper, unfortunately the realities were a little different and further testing showed it to actually be readily converted in a mildly toxic substance called creatinine.

David Barr is one of the foremost authorities on creatine, and explains it in a little more detail here:

http://www.raisethebarr.net/index.ph...hyl-Ester.html

There's also an interesting piece on it written by John Berardi here:

http://www.precisionnutrition.com/me...ead.php?t=2218

As far as creatine monohydrate damaging vital organs like the liver and kidneys, I'm not sure when or where this myth was started but it certainly did spread like wildfire. Truth is, most research points to just the opposite (which, if you think about it, makes sense as creatine is made by and occurs naturally in our bodies). I can link you to numerous studies verifying this if you're interested in reading up on it.

Also, for anyone taking them or thinking about taking them, don't spend your money on "nitric oxide stimulators" or "N.O. boosters" (although nitrous oxide for your vehicle is still ok).
The one thing I will agree with you here is the NO boosters. NO Shotgun does contain a little but i use it or SP250 for the pre-workout stim effects thats it.

The only concern I have for your disprovements is the fact that you send people a link to another website that is selling his own theory. That raises an eyebrow for me. I'll read through them and see what I can get from it. I myself trust my Dr. and I just had some blood work done recently and was all clear. With that said, I can't lay claim to what you post as "factual" links or not at this time until I do my own research If what you say is indeed what I come to the conclusion on then by all means, I can come back and tell you that you are right.

If I can't prove something for myself, touch it, personally see it etc, It didnt happen. Brings me to a whole different level but I'll just leave it alone as Im atheist and could easily **** off a lot of fairy tale believers.

Last edited by Rapin'Ya; 01-11-2009 at 11:24 PM. Reason: why not
Old 01-11-2009, 11:31 PM
TECH Regular

hey rapin ya... ill find you a link later but.. cell mass has actually been called out for BS on the creatine it had in it... BSN got screwed because they were actually putting reg. mono in it and it was about half of wat they claimed..

and all that stuff about damaging livers is BS.. creatine mono is one of the only long term studied supps.. and has no adverse affects unless u take it with absolutely no water everyday..

and also the etyl and ester creatines and beat alanines and such have actually just been put in the spotlight as being dangerous and bad for you..

but since there is no proof i will not say they are bad for you.. but they are def NOT better for you..
Old 01-11-2009, 11:33 PM
TECH Regular

here look at this (about Cell Mass).. ill find the thread tomorrow...

http://supplementpolice.com/felonies.htm
(bottom of page)

Felonies-"Products that claim to contain certain ingredients in certain amounts.
We tested these products and deteremined these claims false".
Old 01-12-2009, 08:53 AM
Launching!

The only concern I have for your disprovements is the fact that you send people a link to another website that is selling his own theory. That raises an eyebrow for me. I'll read through them and see what I can get from it. I myself trust my Dr. and I just had some blood work done recently and was all clear. With that said, I can't lay claim to what you post as "factual" links or not at this time until I do my own research If what you say is indeed what I come to the conclusion on then by all means, I can come back and tell you that you are right.

If I can't prove something for myself, touch it, personally see it etc, It didnt happen. Brings me to a whole different level but I'll just leave it alone as Im atheist and could easily **** off a lot of fairy tale believers.
By all means, I would encourage you to do your own research and see what you come up with. As D-Webz pointed out, one of the absolute best places to find true and unbiased research results is PubMed. Just about all of Barr's research references (I assume he is the one you were referring to as "selling his own theory") can be found on PubMed. Trust me, I encourage you to be skeptical and look for the answers yourself; it's what I do. I can count on one hand the number of people in this industry that I trust enough to "take their word for it" and believe me that trust was hard earned and is well deserved.

*In case you wanted to check the data out, here is a link to the research references (studies) used by Barr in his Creatine FAQ:
http://www.raisethebarr.net/index.ph...eferences.html
Old 01-12-2009, 09:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

For good prices go to http://www.prosource.net/ they been around since I was in high school. I have not seen anyone cheaper, EVER. I been in and out of gym since then. I actually just bought 990 lbs of dumbells and looking to hit it hard. Still have gym membership, but I like working out at home too.

If you want something before you go to bed, and if your not trying to lean out. I usually just have throw muscle milk(banana), a banana, milk, and peanut butter, Super delicious.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ill gladly call BS! ANd i can definitely back it up. CM is NOT bad for you! Non liver toxic and easy on the kidneys provided you drink enough water. And if you like SP250 so much then why are you taking NO Shotgun?

Please stop giving bad advice.

To the OP, just search ON 100% Whey and look for the cheapest deal online. All the flavors are good, and it's the best value, 77 servings for about 40 bucks. Oh, and real low in calories and fat, and it comes packed with BCAAs including glutamine.

Oh yeah, as far as creatine goes, Anavol is best i've ever tried, even better than green magnitude. If you can find it, i highly recommend buying it. And not the stupid hardcore bs, more expensive and less servings.

Quick Reply: Best place to buy supplements/protein etc?