Houston Raceway Park tonight!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 09:35 AM
10 Second Fun Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Worked great,better than the Bfgs. I need better exhaust now. I think its really holding it back.
Old 01-17-2009, 09:36 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jlrz28
Worked great,better than the Bfgs. I need better exhaust now. I think its really holding it back.
Glad to hear.

I ran about 10:45 after being in line for an hour, good thing is they had just re-prepped the track and my lane (right) hooked real good. Never again on a friday.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:28 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Went out there hoping to run my new 383. Got there about 8:30PM, line out into the road. Was crazy crowded!! Figured not worth wasting $30.00 (wife with me) to wait 1-1/2 hours to get teched and then sit in stage lanes and get one run in.

Next time, I'll get there right at 6:00PM and be ready to run!!
Old 01-17-2009, 02:12 PM
On The Tree

Angry

Originally Posted by Randy_S
I saw your truck, it ran pretty good.

I also saw a white truck with lots of dope that I think was Paco, thing moved out.

I sat in line for an hour and a half needing to **** while that stupid Porche driver got pulled out of the gravel.

My car would not hook last night. I dropped the pressure to 20 in my Nittos and still spun through 1st and 2nd. It also might be part of not being able to do a real burnout with my clutch. Maybe I need to take a class on racing for idiots.

I wasnt far behind all that also. I did the same thing, let the air down to 20#s in my nittos, but I could not hook for ****. Ran 11.90 with a 1.96 60'
but it was @ 127 MPH. I was in the Spiral Gray C5......

I need to figure out how to get out of the hole with this thing because as soon as I hit boost it would break loose at 50 or 60 MPH every time.
LionelC
Old 01-17-2009, 06:53 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by TXCAMSS
How was the track prep? HRP is supposed to be using some high end new VHT on the track and they scraped it smooth.

Any reports?
Well i hooked on my first pass but got a miss b4 the 60ft and got a 1.62. second pass some guy passed up the second turn off and decided to stop right after the exit for a min then turned around on the track and saftey crew went out there and talked to him so by then my tires got cold and spun and got a 1.68(small burnout to begin with). and the 3rd pass was clean and hooked with a 1.57 60ft! Seemed pretty good to me and pretty smooth also! Also for those that werent hooking dont forget about the thousands of trucks out there on street tires not makin things any better.....
Old 01-17-2009, 07:32 PM
v8
17,16,15,14,13,12,11 Drvr

I saw your truck, it ran pretty good.

I also saw a white truck with lots of dope that I think was Paco, thing moved out.

I sat in line for an hour and a half needing to **** while that stupid Porche driver got pulled out of the gravel.

My car would not hook last night. I dropped the pressure to 20 in my Nittos and still spun through 1st and 2nd. It also might be part of not being able to do a real burnout with my clutch. Maybe I need to take a class on racing for idiots.
Thanks, yeah that would of been flaco ahhhaa, I made 3 passes before 8pm and then went home around 9:30pm

the lines look crazy when I left.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:37 PM
v8

Originally Posted by 95z28camaro
Well i hooked on my first pass but got a miss b4 the 60ft and got a 1.62. second pass some guy passed up the second turn off and decided to stop right after the exit for a min then turned around on the track and saftey crew went out there and talked to him so by then my tires got cold and spun and got a 1.68(small burnout to begin with). and the 3rd pass was clean and hooked with a 1.57 60ft! Seemed pretty good to me and pretty smooth also! Also for those that werent hooking dont forget about the thousands of trucks out there on street tires not makin things any better.....
oh those damn trucks hahaaa its a street night event, the truck scene has taken over the track, go on sundays when its car day. j/k

most of those truck guys are idiots and have no clue what racing is. There just out there trying to be thugs, doing burnouts in the rock area, donuts in the parking lot etc. they need to have the police out there and take them all to jail, then the real truck enthusiast wont get bad names.

good luck on your quest for the fastest bolt on car.
Old 01-17-2009, 08:31 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by v8
oh those damn trucks hahaaa its a street night event, the truck scene has taken over the track, go on sundays when its car day. j/k

most of those truck guys are idiots and have no clue what racing is. There just out there trying to be thugs, doing burnouts in the rock area, donuts in the parking lot etc. they need to have the police out there and take them all to jail, then the real truck enthusiast wont get bad names.

good luck on your quest for the fastest bolt on car.

Haha well its true though! street tires arent any good for the track... but yeah not a problem at all with the truck guys, thought i should say! lol but there are some like you say make the whole seem bad. And i would go sundays but they arent going to be doing it every sunday anymore, just select weekends throughout the year But thanks! Ill be happy if i can just beat The old record set by Shon Herron runnin an 11.80 which he held for an extremly long time till 1slowformula set it at 11.56!
Old 01-17-2009, 08:40 PM
11 Second Club

i was there, waited for damn near two hours when that dumb porche ran off the track! i only got to run twice my first run i pulled an 11.82 @ 119.8mph,my best so far,but first time with new mods defintly have room for improvment, second run i had a terrible launch and just bs'd down the track!

im defintly goin in a couple weeks on a SUNDAY, last time i went on a sunday i ran about 10-15 times.
Old 01-17-2009, 08:43 PM
v8

Haha well its true though! street tires arent any good for the track... but yeah not a problem at all with the truck guys, thought i should say! lol but there are some like you say make the whole seem bad. And i would go sundays but they arent going to be doing it every sunday anymore, just select weekends throughout the year But thanks! Ill be happy if i can just beat The old record set by Shon Herron runnin an 11.80 which he held for an extremly long time till 1slowformula set it at 11.56!
true on street tires, I just want a 11 sec run N/A in this heavy pig ahhaha, best 1/8 is good for 12teens, just the brick that hurts on the topend and weight lol
Old 01-17-2009, 09:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by D. STUNTER
i was there, waited for damn near two hours when that dumb porche ran off the track! i only got to run twice my first run i pulled an 11.82 @ 119.8mph,my best so far,but first time with new mods defintly have room for improvment, second run i had a terrible launch and just bs'd down the track!

im defintly goin in a couple weeks on a SUNDAY, last time i went on a sunday i ran about 10-15 times.
What does your car look like?
Old 01-17-2009, 09:05 PM
11 Second Club

Dang! just checked out your timeslip! thats an awesome short time considering how heavy you are! but yeah i definately agree the brick is hurtin ya though. When i had my last best of 12.26 i had a 1.72 60ft 7.771/8 at 89mph with a 109 trap. i know you are makin more power than me, and your 60ft and half track are faster than mine but the arodynamics kicks in to help me keep buildin up what you plannin on doing to get it there?
Old 01-18-2009, 12:00 AM
8 Second Club

I also saw a white truck with lots of dope that I think was Flaco, thing moved out.
that was me, it hooked good that i broke my rear on the 2nd run, 1st run busted a .40 off the footbreak
Old 01-18-2009, 09:58 AM
TECH Pimp

Originally Posted by v8

dont forget about the thousands of trucks out there on street tires not makin things any better.....

FINALLY! I'm sorry truck guys but it's been a long time coming. These truck idiots seem to follow our every move ruining the meets and the track all the while thugin it up to the max.

After studying their behavior profusely both on the street and the track I've come to the conclusion that they are
1. clinically retarded.
2. Hate their fathers.
3. Love rap music.
4. Have no lives.
5. come from broken homes.
6. Think a 300 crank hp, 5000lb truck can beat a 500rwhp, 3000lb car.

That's all for Meow.
Old 01-18-2009, 12:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by _Zac
FINALLY! I'm sorry truck guys but it's been a long time coming. These truck idiots seem to follow our every move ruining the meets and the track all the while thugin it up to the max.

After studying their behavior profusely both on the street and the track I've come to the conclusion that they are
1. clinically retarded.
2. Hate their fathers.
3. Love rap music.
4. Have no lives.

That's all for Meow.
lol, word son

All these ****** mojo's doing 15 second burnouts in their dropped flowmaster exhaust trucks on street tires to bust a 16 second pass. Not to mention all the ******* water they drag to the tree. I would have been able to hot lap the car had their been no trucks.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

now yah know wtf I have do deal with every damn day when I went to school , they always try to race me and get walk .. and then doing donuts and **** and trying to race right in front of the fucken school lmfao they r just complete dumb asses thats why some of them get shot at while trying to bag there truck right next to a race car on the damn freeway swearving almost hitting the car hahahahahahahahahah ... good times good times lol
Old 01-18-2009, 01:08 PM
On The Tree

sounds great! still need to break in the trans before i hit the track... :-(
Old 01-18-2009, 01:18 PM
TECH Addict

1. clinically retarded.
2. Hate their fathers.
3. Love rap music.
4. Have no lives.

That's all for Meow.
agreed.

after living 2 years in college station, i was around a whole different breed of retarded truck guys! If i had a buck for every diesel truck that tried to cover me in their black cloud of death i would be a rich man haha. still run into a few down here but its nothing like 2-3 a day in CS!
Old 01-18-2009, 02:04 PM
11 Second Club

lol well there are definately quite a few serious truck racers but majority goes to the other crowd. but anyways i cant carry on with this because there are to many of them around here for me to be talkin ****! lol

So time for a roll call for next friday! hopefully there wont be as many trucks... lol and this time im definately gonna be there at 6! got busy last time. Also I wanna get my chance to race this guy with a H/C LS1 (would have raced him but flaco broke his truck right in front of us and made me run a single, owell. sucks for ya flaco! sorry bro.) Hopefuly he will see this cause i know i have seen his car in his sig pic on here b4. Its white camaro with black hood if anybody knows him by chance.

Rollcall for HRP 1/23/09:
1) 500 trucks! lol
2) 95z28camaro
3)...
Old 01-18-2009, 02:59 PM
On The Tree

1. clinically retarded.
2. Hate their fathers.
3. Love rap music.
4. Have no lives.

That's all for Meow.

Zac-

What's wrong with Rap Music Don't hate the playa, hate the game!

John

Quick Reply: Houston Raceway Park tonight!!!