Why do ricers always use this excuse...

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 10:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Once awhile back I was driving the SS with 408 & true duals and a 350Z thought I was racing him. I was just shifting through gears, so he pulls next to me on the freeway sitting there. So a give it WOT bark for 2 seconds in 3rd gear, his ******* jaw dropped literly and face froze. He decided just to step back and cruise behind me with a quickness. That was such a Godly moment for me, I do miss those days...........I will be back in an LSX soon.

Anyway, silly ricers imports are for *****'s.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:43 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

I would have asked,"What about torque *******?"

Old 01-22-2009, 11:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Ricers give all imports a bad name. Sometimes I just feel like driving my STI the way I drive.... faster than traffic. These asshats think I'm on the prowl or something.

And if I take the C5 out, gawd damn if everything with a wing, V8, or GTOs don't want a piece. I just want to drive a well built sports car in peace sometimes!
Old 01-22-2009, 11:43 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by xBROKEx
my personal favorite is " i was on low boost"
hahaha ya next time im going to say* ya i was on low horse power
Old 01-22-2009, 11:51 PM
Banned

You have to admit though, ricers have some value. Entertainment if nothing else. I mean, who else would we laugh at when we are at the track?
Old 01-22-2009, 11:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^^ the mustang that sprays to run 13.5 ???
Old 01-23-2009, 12:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Slash8915
I was with my friend, and we were cruising down 45 near Edgebrook in his '86 Iroc-Z. This Civic pulled up next to us, and started reving. Sounded like he had a bit of work done, so we went for it. Well, after 3 runs, we beat him every time.

We got off at the next exit, and he followed. We hit a red light, and he pulled up next to us. We rolled our window down, and complimented him on his car. He was less than courteous and said his turbo wasn't running right, and here's when he said it... "Well, I have more hp per liter than you." Then the light turned green and he took off.

Now this is about the 4th time I've heard this. Actually, I've heard this and "More hp per cylinder than you." Has anyone else heard this excuse?
next time tell him: "so does my lawnmower"
Old 01-23-2009, 12:15 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Silas2k
next time tell him: "so does my lawnmower"

I like that! Next time someone mentions it, I'll say that.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

I stick with "I've got more hp per car than you"
or
"I get more *****"
Old 01-23-2009, 08:18 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Doomsday
Once awhile back I was driving the SS with 408 & true duals and a 350Z thought I was racing him. I was just shifting through gears, so he pulls next to me on the freeway sitting there. So a give it WOT bark for 2 seconds in 3rd gear, his ******* jaw dropped literly and face froze. He decided just to step back and cruise behind me with a quickness. That was such a Godly moment for me, I do miss those days...........I will be back in an LSX soon.

2 sec WOT "bark"?

I used to like letting off the pedal then hitting it WOT for an instant then letting off again, which I considered to be called a "bark." Made a pretty nasty sound and the front end would lift up noticably. Terrible on your drivetrain though...
Old 01-23-2009, 08:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Doomsday

had a guy in an sn95 cobra do the same thing, he revved at me at the stop light and had his girl in the car. we got on the toll road and he kept pacing me, so i opened the eclectric cutout and just punched it for a few seconds. He was cool about it though when he caught up he just had this big grin on his face and gave me the thumbs up. H/C open exhaust is a pretty intimidating sound
Old 01-23-2009, 09:40 AM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most of the time if a ricer rolls up next to me and gives me a hard look, I just wave my hand disdainfully like "go away. You are not worthy." That really pisses them off and makes me laugh.

However, every now and then if the road ahead is clear and I'm in an area where I don't think there will be any po-po lurking, I might indulge them by yanking their doors off in a little shock and awe display. Get out a number of car lengths and then lift and tap the brakes. I rarely do this as those knuckleheads are not worth getting pulled over, but it has been fun a couple times. Yeah, in total denial of reality they will usually attempt a ricer fly-by after this. Then they will get together with their little friends and get on their ricer boards and boast about how they put the beat down on some "loud *** Slomaro". Self-deception is a major factor in the ricer scene staying alive.

However, I have to caveat that I have talked to a couple ricers who have more than two brain cells. They told me "we like to pull up and challenge cars like yours... not because we have a chance... but because we actually like to see if we can get you to drop the hammer. It's cool to see a fast car just blast out like that." So... I may have been played the couple times I reacted.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

The one that gets me is every idiot who loses or barely keeps up in a manual car has a slipping clutch

If every person who says that meant it, no one in their right mind would even consider a manual, it's so ******* annoying
Old 01-23-2009, 01:04 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by imma_stocker
^^^ the mustang that sprays to run 13.5 ???
LMFAO!!!!! Thats some true **** right "there"!!!
Old 01-23-2009, 01:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

In some of these guys' defense.... SOME, not most or any considerable portion.... I've run some American muscle that came up with lame excuses too.

"My clutch is slipping" "My small nozzle is in" "Bottle is empty" "I'm on low octane" "My distributer is _____" "I can't catch" "I've got [something heavy] in the trunk/back" blah blah blah

Saying something stupid about more hp/liter or having high mpg is what's left when you really have nothing else left. You have to give credit to those guys that actually build good cars in the sea of dumbass. My buddy has a 500whp hatchback, we all know its ugly and sounds like **** but it goes like hell. Thankfully he prefers taking **** OFF his car than putting more crap on.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

what about , Im on a nitrous tune and I was on motor ... does that make a difference ???
Old 01-23-2009, 01:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

EVERYONE has excuses, just that the losers are the ones who always uses them.

Import excuses: I have more hp/liter than you - I can take that thing around the corners - I'm not on full boost

Euro excuses: I forgot to turn on sport mode - My car has better quality - My car is a [insert brand name]

Domestic excuses: I have more torque than you - Do you have 8 cylinders? - So what, RWD still > FWD
Old 01-28-2009, 11:35 PM

i always hear you are 2seconds faster on double the cylinders and im 2000 pounds lighter
Old 01-28-2009, 11:37 PM

and then they say whats your mpg and i just start laughing and i ask how many diapers a day do you go through with that fart can
Old 01-29-2009, 12:53 AM
LS7 Member

Best user name ever.