feb 28
15.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

car show soon!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 01:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First thing you need to do from here is either make a screen name on every freakin forum that has DFW car enthusiast in it or get people you know that have memberships on other forums to post up for you. Go on the Corvette, LS1, Trans Am, Camaro, GTO, Bike, etc...boards and post your info. If you're really serious about this, you will be busy as **** on your computer going back and forth. The next best thing is to give out your e-mail so every site can post questions to one common place. You'll still be answering questions on the threads, but you might have to do a little less work if they contact you.
You need to set up rules for the show as well. For example, post these on every thread you start: 1. No burnouts 2. Pick up all trash 3. No alcohol consumption 4. No excessive acceleration through the parking lot 5. No loud music...etc, etc...Whatever you want to add. I would end it with, "If you fail to comply with the rules, you will be asked to leave".

If you want this thing to be a pretty regular show and want the crowd to grow, you must regulate the actions of all your participants. I'm not telling you what to do, but a lot of people bring their children to these things (especially since it's at a family oriented place) and the last thing they want to subject their children to is loud offensive music/language and or the threat of someone being injured due to people trying to be stupid in their cars. Sorry for such a long post, but I thought some of this might help you have a better show, and lead to a better one in the future.

Edit: A lot of the classic car shows with older people wont bring their cars if they think that a bunch of stupid punks are going to be there possibly hitting their vehicle. Also, another good idea is to go to every meet/car show (minus the ricer meets) around the area and pass out flyers to people. Make sure this is okay with the people running the show, but they're usually pretty cool about putting the word out about another show. Everything I have told you is just advice. Please don't think that I'm trying to tell you how to run your show.

Last edited by PatriotT/A; 01-26-2009 at 01:10 PM.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:03 PM
Staging Lane

1951 Summit Ave.
Lewisville, Tx. 75077
maybe later on I can have something at speedzone when all the new tracks are open but right now it looks like only 10-20 cars. as it gets bigger I will move it down to speedzone we'll have a kickass time with bigger and better deals.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:11 PM
Staging Lane

PatriotT/A I wouldnt know where to start but it would be really nice if anyone helped.
Right now Im just kinda testing the waters and hope we get a good turnout.
as it gets bigger we will move it to Speedzone(my other job)
anyone here in other forums feel free to post about this and as far as I know the only rules are no drinking and no burnouts, you know the regular illegal stuff. oh yeah my boss said no naked stuff either lol
Old 01-26-2009, 01:15 PM
On The Tree

What is the name of the place you're wanting to do this? That might be one of the most important things you've left out. If you didn't, I'm sorry. I just haven't seen anything about that.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:19 PM
12 Second Club

I am coming.. so once you have a date set in place.. I will make note and get to a few of my other buddies...

I have a few other buddies who dont post on here.. So I will be bringing a vette, a few other camaro SS's... buddies wrx, and another little 4 banger.

But keep going on this and you can make it good.. You will have to keep in touch with everyone.. maybe get a little fquick page or myspace page up about it being a car show..
possibly get a few flyers made so when you are out and about you can post them up at places that will allow you to.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:33 PM
Staging Lane

It used to be a Putt Putt but is now called Texas Twister and bare with me on this; they are changing the name again. The sign on the building is Texas Twister, it is right behind the McDonalds and its exit 454A off I35.
Thanks for all you guys' help and lets hope the drive down to houston is at least twice this big.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:39 PM
Staging Lane

sorry you guys but the general manager wants it to be on the 28th, this will give him enough time to set up fliers, see if he needs special permits and stuff like that.
well this sux cause i already told you guys it would be soon. i was going off him saying the sooner the better but email me if you guys have a problem with the new date at flatblackz@yahoo.com
Old 01-26-2009, 08:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by flatblackz
sorry you guys but the general manager wants it to be on the 28th, this will give him enough time to set up fliers, see if he needs special permits and stuff like that.
Smart guy. Take your time, plan it right and you'll have a better turn out. 1 week notice it pretty short.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:35 PM
Staging Lane

thanks man and I havent figured out how to take off the poll lol
Old 01-27-2009, 12:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

delete the thread and start a new one.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:02 AM
Staging Lane

this is not limited to F-Body cars, id like to see Corvettes, GTOs, trucks, bikes as well as Camaros and Transams. you are not limited in what you can sell either. except drugs; no drugs lol.
A. Will drinking and carting be allowed?

B. Can I/We wreck the go-carts? I've been to a ton of these places and needless to say sometimes shi% gets alittle hairy and stuff/people can get messed up.

C. What kinda cart's we talkin here? Can you post a pic of the track? Thanks
Old 01-27-2009, 10:15 AM
Staging Lane

sorry guys no drinking at the family park you can drink before or after but if the track guys notice youre a little tipsy, they will not let you drive.
and the rules aply the same as if it were a regular day- no bumping
http://www.texastwisterfun.com/ is the website for the park, get better pictures when i go up there again
Old 01-27-2009, 10:19 AM
12 Second Club

sorry guys no drinking at the family park you can drink before or after but if the track guys notice youre a little tipsy, they will not let you drive.
and the rules aply the same as if it were a regular day- no bumping
http://www.texastwisterfun.com/ is the website for the park, get better pictures when i go up there again
I seen this place.. cool..
I want to kick someones *** in putt putt...LOL

lets do this and get this on..

what is the part of the moving dates??????

So when is the meet/show?????
Old 01-27-2009, 10:22 AM
Staging Lane

February 28th for sure
bring everyone cause its gonna be cool with all you ls1tech guys
Old 01-27-2009, 10:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

February 28th for sure
bring everyone cause its gonna be cool with all you ls1tech guys
LS1tech guys arent really that cool. Bunch of nerds on computers with mullets and cars on jack stands.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:12 PM
Teching In

i might show up

Last edited by domestiks; 01-27-2009 at 03:20 PM.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dirty 30
LS1tech guys arent really that cool. Bunch of nerds on computers with mullets and cars on jack stands.
Then we've met before!
Old 01-27-2009, 04:37 PM
Staging Lane

domestiks you better show up lol
hows your freakz running?
Old 01-27-2009, 05:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dirty 30

So thats why your a member????
Old 01-27-2009, 06:59 PM
Staging Lane

damn i need to grow a mullet to fit in