Houston American Muscle Cruise V - West Run

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 08:28 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright I will give you a call in a second.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:08 PM
Staging Lane

Had a great time as always big thanks to Matt for putting this all together.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:42 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Midnightnova
Had a great time as always big thanks to Matt for putting this all together.
same here, great job man.

nice meeting you, i forgot your name, but loved the nova
Old 02-28-2009, 06:59 PM
TECH Addict

good cruise guys. couldnt keep up as my torque arm came loose at the rearend and caused a nasty vibration. turned around and called it quits when you guys started hauling ***.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:42 PM
Staging Lane

Great job setting this up Matt, it was a great time. I can't wait til the pics and vids get posted. For the guys that went, I was in the Silver GTO.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:36 PM
10 Second Club

Was a good day...enjoyed seeing everyone.
Old 02-28-2009, 09:39 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by twitchtwice
same here, great job man.

nice meeting you, i forgot your name, but loved the nova
"Zack" thanks man. You and your dad had some sweet rides your self.
Old 02-28-2009, 09:42 PM
10 Second Club

Some videos from today............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUeM0ww3Izw

On I-10 heading west
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJoXKK5lK5A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFpIeAv8nXo

Vince and EVL 427 and I doing a quick run...looks like Justin and Daniel lined up too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiNRgtq4_P4

Pulling out of the station in Moulton
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6XR6FfD9Tg
Old 02-28-2009, 09:44 PM
10 Second Club

Few More.........

In Shiner for lunch at Shiner Restaurant and Bar (Historic Building)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBgiLc2NlR0

Inside restaurant
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly3082gdUrE

Little fun along the way.......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L5B0xA42DA
Old 02-28-2009, 10:02 PM
10 Second Club

If anybody has any videos of me, Cysevan, or Vince running please post them. We had a few good matchups.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:05 PM
Staging Lane

Man I wish we got our run on vid.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:08 PM
10 Second Club

OH yeah..forgot about that..would be a good one to post. That car of yours is a lot quicker than last time. If you can launch it out..should be 11's for sure.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:14 PM
Staging Lane

Hopefully. Need to put a shift kit in the trans also get the line pressure higher so it will clamp harder on the 1-2 shift it is just too sloppy/banging the limiter.
Old 03-01-2009, 01:20 AM

Matt,

Thanks for organizing this run. What a day!!! I couldn't have asked for a better introduction to a Texas Run than we had Saturday. Even if EVL427 had to get pulled over.

Enjoyed meeting everyone and riding with a great group. That makes it fun. Next time Vince and I need more radios in the group.

Thanks for filming great videos Cody. Pass me your email and I'll send you that Cross Canadian Ragweed song "Deal Goes Down" to edit our burn outs/revs run video. Song kicks butt.

See everyone next time. I'm up for the Austin run. Matt by then, I'll have Daisy screaming thru the gears and won't have any more slip ups from 3rd to 4th.

Unleash the power,
Dustin(JSB Z06)

Last edited by Texassinger; 03-01-2009 at 01:39 AM.
Old 03-01-2009, 03:33 AM
TECH Addict

To the guy in the beautiful red Roush, my apologies we didn't really get an open road to "test" our toys. On the access road, I had radio in my right hand, and an eye on you on the left such that I missed third gear. I hope that gave you a laugh at least. I was hoping to get a chance to talk to you, but you bugged out before that could happen. Wind and traffic was not on our side today.

And, yeah, I decided to take one for the team when those cops wouldn't let up on us. Someone had to do it. Next time, both the lead car and the trailing cars need FRS radios so we can keep everyone better organized and informed of any "hazards" along the route. They are invaluable. Of course, they also make for some very entertaining banter. The cops were actually cool for the most part despite "reports" that several muscle cars were running people off the road. And they let me off with a warning. And that's why I hung back at the Shell so they'd stay focused on me and let everyone else hit the dusty trail. Worked like a charm. Both of them were inside drinking coffee, watching ya'll's every move and giving me the occasional dirty look.

Matt, I haven't had this much fun on the road since we disbanded the Beltway Bombers several years ago. I still had my Trans Am at the time. And you have a very strong car. I was surprised that you were able to hang with me since all I had to go on was your banter in this thread. Actually, I think I was more surprised by my own car once you told me what you were really putting to the ground. Naturally, when your blower goes on, game over. I'll need to "tweak" things a bit to keep up with you once that happens, but not to the point where I sacrifice my 100K mile drivetrain warranty. At the rate I'm going, I will need every mile of it. And I wasn't kidding when I said my car at the moment is factory stock (at least to my knowledge). I am the third owner, so I need to get a baseline dyno to make sure there isn't something hiding under the hood of which I am unaware.

My last play of the day was with what looked like another "X" body, blacked out sporting a Punisher logo. Looking at those braided lines going to your fuel tank, I know you have something sinister lurking under there, so I don't know if I missed your signal and executed a false start, or if you encountered technical difficulties. This is something else the radios could help remedy in the future.

At any rate, a 60+ MPH roll really isn't a good measuring stick especially when we're dealing with a 20-30MPH crosswind.

Stay safe out there, guys. I am very much looking forward to the next cruise.

EDIT: Side note. Please stay off the shoulders with the big trucks and the wide tires. I caught at least two good rock hits from that, one that hit my passenger mirror and was saved by clear film, and the other bypassed the clear bra and nicked the paint on my hood. That's not cool.

Last edited by CySevans; 03-01-2009 at 03:39 AM.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for organizing the cruise Matt, and to the others who helped. It was fun to meet up, and put some faces to names. I wish we could have run the whole cruise, but I had to bug out.

How'd yall like that little dust storm just west of Katy! that **** was crazy!

Larry
Old 03-01-2009, 10:34 AM
10 Second Club

It was great seeing everyone out there, and was a good day. Was the route too long? Need to get everyone to PM me their contact info so can add to my ditribution for the next event.

Dustin, send your song to mortman1512@yahoo.com . Not sure how to edit the songs in, but can try to figure it out. Yeah, it always takes time to figure out all the intricacies, and mannerisms of new rides. Looks like you had a good handle on it, and we'll try again next time.

I have heard about the Roush and Cody said it took out pretty well. Maybe you guys can join again next time and we can all seek King of the Hill status...

Vince, I would sure be interested to see what your car would dyno. If you are the 3rd owner it would not be out of the question to think that someone has "tuned" the car. IMO it pulls harder than your average Z06. Honestly didn't think a "stocker" could have pulled me at the speeds we were running based on the power I was putting down. I love the way those cars look as they come up on you....sinister.

I have 6-8 2 way radios and will bring them from now on...great idea to keep them handy.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:12 PM
12 Second Club

here is some pics from the cruise, i tried to get at least one of everyones cars

Old 03-01-2009, 12:14 PM
12 Second Club

Old 03-01-2009, 12:16 PM
12 Second Club