What gun to get...and where?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 11:03 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 108dragon
Czechoslovic weapon. Under rated. CZ's quality control is born of Arsenal of Bulgaria's history. If I'm not mistaken, CZ's barrels are hammer forged. Same barrel technology H&K and Styer use. CZ just recently entered the synthetic (plastic) framed weapon arena to compete with the other high end manufacturers, though not nearly as pricey. I haven't heard anything bad about them tough. They are popular with INTERPOL and other European agencies.
Older CZ pistols had that weird European rear heavy thing going on. Kinda like the Walther PPK and Makarov.
If you have one in a non European caliber like .40, it would be a nice choice.
I found one at Cabelas in a .40cal. Looks pretty nice, but I wanted to see if anyone has used one. Here it is:
Old 02-12-2009, 12:16 PM
Village Idiot

The world, as much as we'd like to wish, isn't going to regress in technology. Unless we end up nuking ourselves back into the stone age. A gun is a tool just like anything else. When I need to dig a hole, I grab a shovel. When I need to fix my Z28, I roll out my Snap On box.
Blades aren't a bad way to go. But "I'd hate to get killed for lack of shootin' back". California, huh? I bet your doors stay locked. hahaha
The things that are wrong with the world usually right themselves by attrition. Sooner or later, people pay for rotten things they do. In a world like that, you only do what you have to do. You fulfill your responsibility in and to your community. No more, no less.
Well said, and I tend to agree with ya.. However, when we run into food shortages, and other stuff just because there are too many people in the world what then?.. Medicine is better and people live longer, no more world wars and massive virus's to take out millions, more natural resourses are being used, more of everything is being used..Etc. Etc.. Now how do you fix that problem that is growing and creeping up on us rapidly?

Anyway back to guns - How does the famous saying go? Guns don't kill people, people kill people... Something like that I think. Oh, and yes I keep my doors locked at night and in the day time, cars locked too, even back and side gates.. I just had a transmission stolen out of my back yard 4 months ago and my yard is in the back of my gated house too.. The transmission was broken and used but still, someone with big ***** came into my back yard and picked up the 90lb and walked right out with it... UNBELIEVEABLE!!!... I'm only 30 minutes away from South Central LA and Watts but I do live in a good area other wise... Santa Monica, Ca... I'm a white guy too

Sorry to get off topic, carry on lads..

Last edited by JIBBBY; 02-12-2009 at 12:25 PM.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JIBBBY
I just had a transmission stolen out of my back yard 4 months ago and my yard is in the back of my gated house too.. The transmission was broken and used but still, someone with big ***** came into my back yard and picked up the 90lb and walked right out with it... UNBELIEVEABLE!!!...
That is borderline impressive... Sorry about the tranny but damn...
Old 02-12-2009, 01:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by PatriotT/A
I found one at Cabelas in a .40cal. Looks pretty nice, but I wanted to see if anyone has used one. Here it is:
Hit them up and make sure they have a supply of parts, mags, and such for it. The imported firearms were always a pain in that they were hard to get parts for (read; expensive).
I've personally never owned one. I have put a CZ-75 through the works though. Nice balance, mag changes are easy, and the stock sights are effective on the full size models. Like I said, INTERPOL likes 'em. They can't be too shabby.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by JIBBBY
Well said, and I tend to agree with ya.. However, when we run into food shortages, and other stuff just because there are too many people in the world what then?.. Medicine is better and people live longer, no more world wars and massive virus's to take out millions, more natural resourses are being used, more of everything is being used..Etc. Etc.. Now how do you fix that problem that is growing and creeping up on us rapidly?

Anyway back to guns - How does the famous saying go? Guns don't kill people, people kill people... Something like that I think. Oh, and yes I keep my doors locked at night and in the day time, cars locked too, even back and side gates.. I just had a transmission stolen out of my back yard 4 months ago and my yard is in the back of my gated house too.. The transmission was broken and used but still, someone with big ***** came into my back yard and picked up the 90lb and walked right out with it... UNBELIEVEABLE!!!... I'm only 30 minutes away from South Central LA and Watts but I do live in a good area other wise... Santa Monica, Ca... I'm a white guy too

Sorry to get off topic, carry on lads..
Like I said, you take care of you and those under your care. God & Karma will take care of the rest. I'm not sure what you could do about a food shortage. I wouldn't kill anyone over a loaf of bread. But that doesn't mean someone else won't. You just have to trust that everyone will do the right thing and be ready for them if they don't.
I was in Bronx New York during the late 70's "fuel crisis". I actually watched people in gas lines shoot each other over 77 cent per gallon gas. Recently, we've just sucked up to paying over 4$ per gallon in some places without killing each other. I'm still wondering what that means.
Me? I'd laugh my *** off over that stolen tranny. What else can you do? It's amazing what people will steal and what they will go through to steal it. The thief's back must be killin him. ..and then to realize his "prize" was broken after all that effort.
Old 02-12-2009, 03:31 PM
On The Tree

Smith & Wesson .45. Anyone own or know good or bad things about this?
Old 02-12-2009, 06:06 PM
Village Idiot

Originally Posted by 99bowtieZ
That is borderline impressive... Sorry about the tranny but damn...
No, actually it was very cheap...It was the original tranny out of my SC400 Lexus, which I blew under a big nitrous shot one day, it gave up the ghost in second gear under the juice.... Used Lexus SC400 trannies are about $300-$500 at local wreck yards.. The used parts are pentiful and cheap as a lot were sold and made over the years... I got a used SC400 tanny and slapped in their for $500 complete, runs perfect...... I was thinking of building that broken Lexus tranny up to support the LS3 swap, but not happening now..... Going with Chevy tranny and motor combination instead in the Swap....
Old 02-12-2009, 06:17 PM
Village Idiot

Like I said, you take care of you and those under your care. God & Karma will take care of the rest. I'm not sure what you could do about a food shortage. I wouldn't kill anyone over a loaf of bread. But that doesn't mean someone else won't. You just have to trust that everyone will do the right thing and be ready for them if they don't.
I was in Bronx New York during the late 70's "fuel crisis". I actually watched people in gas lines shoot each other over 77 cent per gallon gas. Recently, we've just sucked up to paying over 4$ per gallon in some places without killing each other. I'm still wondering what that means.
Me? I'd laugh my *** off over that stolen tranny. What else can you do? It's amazing what people will steal and what they will go through to steal it. The thief's back must be killin him. ..and then to realize his "prize" was broken after all that effort.
Believe me, when and if there is little or no food left, people will become very desperate, evil, and will be out of their minds to get some with using any means possible... If bad enough, basic human survival instincts will eventually kick in, and good morals will go right out the window for most.. Riots, crimes and everything else will be the norm, you name it and will probably occure....The economy would also obviously collapse...I've watched and read many specials on this exact subject.. Atleast, the experts seem to believe this type of behavior should be expected... I really hope that day never comes, but if it ever does you better believe your gun will be your best friend....
Old 02-16-2009, 07:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Remember size is what matters, small or big you've gotta be able to handle it and conceal it comfortably.
I say call it a day and invest in a Taser! Or a Vadge Badge... no one likes a Vadge Badge...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTd471QNwTc
Old 02-16-2009, 07:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Smith & Wesson .45. Anyone own or know good or bad things about this?
Unless it's the "Chiefs Special" you might be going too big.
Which .45 are you referring too?
Old 02-16-2009, 08:02 PM
Staging Lane

Get a Kahr P9. Its a thin so it's easy to conceal and Kahr is one of the top rated handguns for concealed carry. A 9mm will stop someone if you actually aim and don't just spray and pray.

Last edited by whtnuklz; 02-16-2009 at 08:12 PM.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by z06matt
Remember size is what matters, small or big you've gotta be able to handle it and conceal it comfortably.
I say call it a day and invest in a Taser! Or a Vadge Badge... no one likes a Vadge Badge...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTd471QNwTc
Thanks for the advice...I'm still gonna get a gun and teach you how to shoot.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for the advice...I'm still gonna get a gun and teach you how to shoot.
Actually you should get a home defense shorty shotgun with a pistol grip. That's what carry in my pants. It's called... my ****. One slap by that little dude and anyone would be out.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:30 PM
On The Tree

Actually you should get a home defense shorty shotgun with a pistol grip. That's what carry in my pants. It's called... my ****. One slap by that little dude and anyone would be out.
HA HA HA Shiiiiiiiittttttt...........I wouldn't pick "shorty" as the first choice for the name of my pants pistol.

Last edited by PatriotT/A; 02-17-2009 at 02:56 PM.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you say so...
Old 02-17-2009, 06:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you say so...

Are you trying to tell me that's not badass?
Old 02-17-2009, 06:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

HA HA HA Shiiiiiiiittttttt...........I wouldn't pick "shorty" as the first choice for the name of my pants pistol.
Call it what you want... you know you want it. Thats what I told her...
Old 02-17-2009, 06:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Are you trying to tell me that's not badass?
Oh it is badass, but just not AS badass as...

Edit: just realized that isn't going to be easily concealed....
Old 02-17-2009, 07:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Oh it is badass, but just not AS badass as...

Edit: just realized that isn't going to be easily concealed....
haha. Maybe if you have gangsta pants on...
Old 02-17-2009, 07:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulletin/

Donald, check out this forum site. Some good info about carry vadge badgers.

Quick Reply: What gun to get...and where?