all mini dirtbikes and quads are now illegal to buy or sell

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 07:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I mainly can't believe they would do that at a time like right now, with the economy in this ditch. I'm pretty sure a lot of motorsport shops sell alot of these things, as if they don't have it hard already this must really screw up their sales
Old 02-18-2009, 12:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont know how many of you guys ride dirt bikes but it sure is a sad day for the kiddies............

Oh and btw Before everyone starts going all Obama crazy apparently he didnt do this.....So I have I copied and pasted this from another (BIKE) site.........
Because politics always seem to pop its head up, a few things to think about.

1) The bill was pushed by a Republican, Nancy Nord, head of the CPSC to get implemented quickly.

2) It passed by an overwhelmingly bi-partisan (meaning both Democrats and Republicans voted for it).

3) It was signed into law by President Bush.

If you wish to pass the "blame" on this, do not look at your political rivals, look at your political friends. Only those who are Ron Paul supporters can walk away clean on this one.

Better yet, stop passing blame and get the incumbent to do something about it. Write to your legislators but also write to the White House. President Obama has the power to appoint (and I believe he is going to soon) a new head of the CPSC. Let them know your outrage and the need for someone who can go back and put some "sense" into this legislation.

And Most of the little pit bikes are 125cc's so I think they are still legal.......since the ban is on anything under 85cc's........