My shipment of FAIL has arrived .. (rim repair?)

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 07:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wheels America fixed one of my LG G2 wheels back in the day. The outer lip was cracked about 4-5" long from hitting a curb. They had it back the next day and it looked better than a new wheel I bought.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MissTransAm

What is SABS? I'd be interested!
Sitting At Boostnificents Side

lol j/k it just jumped out at me!
Old 02-23-2009, 07:41 PM
Launching!

thats right chrome is lot more expensive and time consuming i think the average turn around is 2-3 weeks, i was quoted by wheels america, belive me ive had them fix like 9 rims for me...
Old 02-23-2009, 08:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is the company we use at my dealership. The are local and do pretty good work. http://wheelcrafters.com/
Give them a call and tell them the guys from Advantage sent you over there. Hope this helps, Josh
Old 02-23-2009, 08:40 PM
Teching In

Awesome! Thank you all so much for the help!

I will look at those places and shop around.

And yeah..the chrome is going to cost me. *Kicks herself for not getting the black wheels like she was going to originally!*
Old 02-23-2009, 08:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by obseSSed
negatiiiiiive. SOME of us can drive [as well as ride] kthxbai!

i tried to be billy bad *** once leaving the car wash - fishtailed on a 4-lane 2 coming, 2 going] road and still recovered. My passenger almost **** his pants. I was like - i got this homie! I meant to do that!

anyways...to the OP: sorry to hear/see about your rim, girly. Hope you get it fixed asap
Lol. I usually go mad ninja like that too, when I actually fishtail. But this time was more like a ZOMGROCKCURB...followed by ..FAIL! lol. I think I am seriously going to sign up for the autocross and autocross lessons this year at Gulf Greyhound. The ex did it in his TA (y'all may know em: TexasTransAm), and now he can drive his car better than he can walk! lol. I remember last year he was driving to Florida to see me (I'm Floridian and was imported to Texas by him..lol)back when I lived there and this random backpack came flying out of an SUV's window a few cars ahead of him, mind you this was during epic construction on a raggedy-**** I-10 around Louisiana, and he did this crazy manueuver avoiding the backpack, drivers in all lanes, etc, and came out fine. Craziness. He swears by autocross and autocross lessons. It really helps you learn your car better and know what it is capable of in last minute crunches (I.E: avoiding frackin rocks and curbs!! grr!).

I'm just glad only my wheel/tire got jacked up, and that Big Red is still fine and dandy
Old 02-23-2009, 08:46 PM
TECH Addict

Yw. The wheel doesnt look bad and definately can be repaired for way less than the price of a new one.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Cam72aro
Yw. The wheel doesnt look bad and definately can be repaired for way less than the price of a new one.
By the way,

You should seriously change your sig pic. I'm running out of 'bukkit' to hold the drool. lol

Originally Posted by 306 That Could
That **** will hold air......just buy a new tire and be done.......Just park with the other side of the car showing......<<< probably what I would do....lol

Lol.. I am currently running that setup, as of this morning, dude! I have my ex's stock WS6's on the right (until I fix the C6 Zo6's), and my usuals on the left! lol. So one side looks great at least!

Old 02-23-2009, 09:04 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks. I am flattered. The car is very photogenic. It looks better on pictures than in person, lol.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just beat it back in with a hammer. Call it good....
Old 02-23-2009, 10:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

yea check wheel technologies, when i worked at NTB we would send them wheels to be repaired quite a bit.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:51 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by MissTransAm

Lol.. I am currently running that setup, as of this morning, dude! I have my ex's stock WS6's on the right (until I fix the C6 Zo6's), and my usuals on the left! lol. So one side looks great at least!

Just in case.........you arent running a mismatched rear tire size are you? Not good for your differential if so. All that matters is the tires matching in height/cirum, width doesnt.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:06 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The place you guys are talking about is on Dixiefarm rd and HWY3 it called Hubcap Depot. They do fix wheels. There is also Downtown Wheel which is ofcourse downtown LOL! They do a lot of high end wheels. Hubcap Depot does a good job though and they are local no shipping.
Jeff
Old 02-24-2009, 05:51 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Inspector12
The place you guys are talking about is on Dixiefarm rd and HWY3 it called Hubcap Depot. They do fix wheels. There is also Downtown Wheel which is ofcourse downtown LOL! They do a lot of high end wheels. Hubcap Depot does a good job though and they are local no shipping.
Jeff
Jeff, are you talking about Downtown Tire and Wheel off McGowen? They havent been there for about 4 years. My parents lived down the street from the owners. The land got sold and it turned into a Salvation army parking lot.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:34 AM
TECH Addict

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

I'd get a new rim for $250.00, it's not bad if you consider getting the wheel repaired, chrome removed and rechrome plated.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:58 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Inspector12
Jeff
Great! I just spoke to one of the guys over the phone. I'll be bringing the rim by after work to see what they can do and what price i'm looking at.

Thanks for the help!
Old 02-24-2009, 02:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good news Julie. That place is just down the road from our new house. I know where to go now if I run into the same problem. Get it? 'Run into'? TEH LAWLZ!