Inspection in non emission county?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 07:08 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Inspection in non emission county?

If i live in the city can i go to a non emission county like weatherford to get an inspection. im havin trouble passing cus i have 3 "not ready's" but no ses light
Old 03-06-2009, 12:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

No, it will keep you from renewing registration.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:20 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you have to get an inspection for the county you live in. you can have the actual inspection itself done in any county, as long as they perform the same test as the county you live in.

the only way you could get around this is to register your car in that other county. but of course you'd need a mailing address there, and tell your insurance company that the car is garaged there and whatnot.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by slayer_taunu
you have to get an inspection for the county you live in. you can have the actual inspection itself done in any county, as long as they perform the same test as the county you live in.

the only way you could get around this is to register your car in that other county. but of course you'd need a mailing address there, and tell your insurance company that the car is garaged there and whatnot.
incorrect. there are other ways to get around it (unless laws have changed in the past few months)
students may get their cars inspected out of the county. lets say you lie in harris county (which has strict emmissions) and you go to school at A&M. you can get your car inspected in college station where it is cheaper and less strict.
I have never been asked for a student ID and I have inspected my car there at least 10 times.

there are other ways around this issue but I dont recall the details of them since they did not apply to me.

Quick Reply: Inspection in non emission county?