What does ls1tech think about this tool box?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 10:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is what mama is getting me for my birthday:

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...19D&lpage=none

We were walking through the store and she stopped me to look at it. I fell in love. It has a liner in every drawer, power strip, fridge, stereo, led lights (battery powered...but, I can convert to a dc power supply with some stuff from work), meaty casters, stainless steel........yeah, I want it bad.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:05 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Stewart
This is what mama is getting me for my birthday:

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...19D&lpage=none

We were walking through the store and she stopped me to look at it. I fell in love. It has a liner in every drawer, power strip, fridge, stereo, led lights (battery powered...but, I can convert to a dc power supply with some stuff from work), meaty casters, stainless steel........yeah, I want it bad.
WHAATT that's sick...

The fridge is a little overkill but that's pretty slick...especially for a home tool box...
That's real tempting now for me hah

oh and the Harbor Freight tool boxes are actually pretty nice, they slide open and close VERY nicely, the deep drawers have 2 sets of bearings sliders just like the expensive ones..nice drawer setup..only turn off is the dull wrinkly paint...if it was shiny smooth paint I prob would have got one by now....I'm disappointed in the Sears ones, they just seem too thin and cheap feeling, even though they got ball bearing drawers they aren't very smooth, or maybe it's just me? Then again I do it for a living, but would it would be fine for a home box.

Last edited by Notmyvette; 03-07-2009 at 11:11 AM.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have a harbor freight tool box. Love it. Has served me well for the last 8 years. Drawers open and close fine, locks all work, liners still good.

This one>>> http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=39421

Just not enough room. Nowhere near enough.

Going to use the new "biggun" for home and take my old "HF" to work.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by avengedws6
http://www.snapon.com/

Cant go wrong at all. And umm EVERYTHING is warrentied. If anyone says differant, Umm I'll take care of it for u, at least all my tools and stuff is warrentied, or I just go get another one from the truck.
Most craftsman are warrantied for lifetime too. But it terms of quality, you just can't go wrong with snap-on. They will last forever, and there is a reason why they warrantee everything because there is a very good chance you will never have to replace them. But for non-professionals like myself, craftsmen get it done. I like to combo wrenches snap-on has though, thats worth the extra $. You can get into tight spots with the closed end that you can't get into with a craftsmen wrench. And most the screwdrivers have carbide tips, so there is no way you will destroy one of those.
Old 03-08-2009, 04:35 AM
TECH Junkie

I thought it was tool bag not tool box?
Old 03-08-2009, 07:29 PM
11 Second Club

If I didnt have my Snap-On I would go get the Kobalt one at Lowe's. My craftsman box slides took a dump after about a year also and their almost as expensive as the box to replace them.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i had a decent size craftsman box and it took a dump after almost 6 months of me having my heavy impact tools and such in it...i now have a 64" Cornwell Troy Lee Designs special edition box with a full size hutch on top. i LOVE IT. Now, i am a full time mechanic so there is more of a point of me having a $9.5k Toolbox that unfortunately is already almost full(AHH another $5k for a top box i think )
Old 03-08-2009, 08:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have a craftsman about like that with a few more sections in the middle. I use it every day at work, and it works fine for me. Dont bother with anythng but the ball bearing if you plan on putting heavier tools in it, but other than that they work fine, especially for home use. The price is decent, but they are pretty much always on sale around that price every few months. If you havent joined craftsman club, definetly do that, and next time they have a craftsman club sale it is normally about $20 or so cheaper than the sale price.
Old 03-08-2009, 11:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

I bought a used professional mechanics style Kobalt back when i was a tech. I like it ALOT!
Old 03-09-2009, 10:24 AM
TECH Regular

i didnt read through everything but try tractor supply co they have a large box that i have and it works great! it is a good price too.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:57 PM
TECH Resident

I have the craftman ballbearing toll box pretty close to the one you pictured and have had it for a few years now with no problem other than it is over full. I like it.
heres a pic of mine.

Quick Reply: What does ls1tech think about this tool box?