Just watched the movie "W" today.......

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009 | 02:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by KLRWS6
It does not matter if bush was republican or a democrat. When you are just flat out dumb, your just dumb. It does not matter what side he was on. History will reflect his failures point blank. He will go down as on of the top 3 worst ever period.
usually illerate people this bush is the worst ever. just like reagan was considered the worst and now all you hear is reaganism and how great he was. Carter was the worst, then came Franklin Roosevelt. i was once told

People that want handouts and are on the lower intellect level=Vote Democrat

People that want to be left alone, earn their way and have the capacity and intellect to be successful= vote Conservative.(was republican)
Old 03-16-2009 | 02:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by cjg454ss
usually illerate people this bush is the worst ever. just like reagan was considered the worst and now all you hear is reaganism and how great he was. Carter was the worst, then came Franklin Roosevelt. i was once told

People that want handouts and are on the lower intellect level=Vote Democrat

People that want to be left alone, earn their way and have the capacity and intellect to be successful= vote Conservative.(was republican)
Judging by this post, I can only assume you voted Democrat.
Old 03-16-2009 | 02:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by -Ross-
Judging by this post, I can only assume you voted Democrat.
you must of also...

91 Mustang GT
Old 03-16-2009 | 02:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Bush screwed up the economy of the U.S. and our relationships with the rest of the world. He also lied to us about the reason for invading Iraq. We killed lots of innocent people ..for what? Does it really matter if you are a Democrat or Republican..how about the truth.
Old 03-16-2009 | 03:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by omcar
Bush screwed up the economy of the U.S. and our relationships with the rest of the world. He also lied to us about the reason for invading Iraq. We killed lots of innocent people ..for what? Does it really matter if you are a Democrat or Republican..how about the truth.
stop watching CNN. the housing market was set into effect long before bush was president. If you dumb enough to buy a 250k house(that sold 4 years ago for 125k) when you make 30k a year with no money down and get an interest only adjustable rate. You deserve what you get.

Use common sense. some people are always going to be lower class and no be able to get a mortgage, cause when a new cell phone comes out, they spend the money on that instead of setting their mortgage money aside. If you need to be babysat your entire life,, hey Obama is your man.
Old 03-16-2009 | 03:07 PM
TECH Junkie

you must of also...

91 Mustang GT
Brilliant.
Old 03-16-2009 | 03:13 PM
TECH Junkie

you must of also...

91 Mustang GT
Must have also.

-Mike
Old 03-16-2009 | 03:18 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Texass683
if you really want to know what being a conservative is read Upstream. Good book and it is really what conservatism is all about. Today's conservatism is not what republicans were striving for back when it all went down.
Democrats and Republicans are all the same:

"A true Conservative if you call him one IMO:

Thomas Jefferson one of our Founding Fathers. Thomas Jefferson, I believe had the greatest insight about how and why our country government was established and what it will take to destroy the Greatest Country The World Has Ever Seen.

A few Thomas Jefferson quotes:
1. "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. "
2. "It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world."
3. "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."
4. "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."
5. "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
6. "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
7. "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
8. "To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which He disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical."
9. "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."

Michael"

Is this quote not true?
Old 03-16-2009 | 03:18 PM
TECH Junkie

There are idiots on both sides of the fence.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIcV4N1qvss

Back on subject....I haven't seen the movie yet, because it doesn't look very good. It got some pretty bad reviews too.
Old 03-16-2009 | 03:22 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by chupr0kabra
I guess my thinking is, if you KNOW going in that a movie/TV show/book/talk show is going to **** you off, why do it? You knew W wasn't going to paint Bush in a positive light, you know the liberal talk shows you listen to are going to go against what you believe in, so why go out of your way to **** yourself off?

Face it. The chances of you convincing/converting a liberal to a conservative point of view are about as good as a liberal convincing you that their point of view is correct. "Arming" yourself with knowledge of their mindset will either reinforce your own beliefs, or **** you off. If you're secure in your beliefs (which it sounds like you are), that leaves pissed off.

-Mike

Excellent Post.... I actually heard a liberal media/tv organization say the movie made Bush look good..... I gave Oliver Stone too much credit for not being a Commie bastard. The part that they said was good basically was the fact that he came from a fuckup to the president and made him look like a Christian and portraying that he really cares about the US. I quickly learned the intent of the movie about 10 minutes in to it. I thought the drinking frat stuff at the beginning was pretty cool!
Old 03-16-2009 | 03:29 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by KLRWS6
It does not matter if bush was republican or a democrat. When you are just flat out dumb, your just dumb. It does not matter what side he was on. History will reflect his failures point blank. He will go down as on of the top 3 worst ever period.
How can he go down that way?

Carter is first
Andrew Johnson was second
Richard Nixon was third

unless you don't consider de-throwning of Saddaam Hussain an accomplishment I don't know how you can say that. His influence in the place that the majority of the world's oil is...... that is scary in itself. He hates the US.... he like Hugo Chavez think that the US should be wasted.... atleast Chavez is not a Muslim Extremist who believes anyone not Muslim is a Infidel and should be killed. Hell, the camakazies from Japan had more pride in death vs a suicide bomber.

Bush will be considered bad economicly yet I feel down the road he will be appreciated when more is shared about what happened in Iraq and the more folks learn about Jihad and energy and peak oil.... and most of all

AMERICA > **all**

and not what the UN thinks =

America = **all**
Old 03-16-2009 | 03:31 PM
10 Second Club

So I take it you would have rather had John "I flip flop which side of the fence im on" Kerry or Al "the inconvenient truth" Gore as your president.

And time will tell that in the position we were in with the candidates we had, Bush was the best option. He might have bumblefucked stuff up at the end, but no president has ever had a higher approval rating and no other candidate could have gotten us through the time we were in.

80% approval rating according to the movie!

according to Rassmussen polls:

Favorably-viewed Presidents

George Washington (94% favorable)
Abraham Lincoln (92% favorable)
Thomas Jefferson (89% favorable)
Theodore Roosevelt (84% favorable)
Franklin D. Roosevelt (81% favorable)
John F. Kennedy (80% favorable)
John Adams (74% favorable)
James Madison (73% favorable)
Ronald Reagan (72% favorable)
Dwight Eisenhower (72% favorable)
Harry Truman (70% favorable)
Andrew Jackson (69% favorable)
Gerald Ford (62% favorable)
John Quincy Adams (59% favorable)
Ulysses S. Grant (58% favorable)
Jimmy Carter (57% favorable)
William Taft (57% favorable)
George H.W. Bush (57% favorable)
Woodrow Wilson (56% favorable)
Bill Clinton (55% favorable)
Unfavorably-viewed Presidents

George W. Bush (66% unfavorable)
Richard Nixon (60% unfavorable)

Remember... before the war BUSH was 80%..... Folks that don't understand the reason for the war, thanks to the liberal media not giving a rats *** for war or folks like Saddaam and thinking the world is peachy!
Old 03-16-2009 | 03:37 PM
10 Second Club

stop watching CNN. the housing market was set into effect long before bush was president. If you dumb enough to buy a 250k house(that sold 4 years ago for 125k) when you make 30k a year with no money down and get an interest only adjustable rate. You deserve what you get.

Use common sense. some people are always going to be lower class and no be able to get a mortgage, cause when a new cell phone comes out, they spend the money on that instead of setting their mortgage money aside. If you need to be babysat your entire life,, hey Obama is your man.
True.... I was sick today (the kids are off for spring break and wanted to spend a day with them.) Amazing how folks are out to eat for lunch and not working. Funny how while Clinton was in office they pushed to ease getting loans. Then while Bush was in office the Democrats pushed more..... What did Bush specifically do to push the loans on those folks?

Politics aside..... Did anyone see the Documentary on the movie dvd? It seems like they tried to use the movie to prove the case vs the case after the movie.
Old 03-16-2009 | 03:41 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by -Ross-
There are idiots on both sides of the fence.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIcV4N1qvss

Back on subject....I haven't seen the movie yet, because it doesn't look very good. It got some pretty bad reviews too.
That so called "Redneck" said she voted for Hillary Clinton... .she is not a conservative. She is also not a Redneck...

Redneck is a person from the south who works for a living... likely outside in Agriculture or Ranching. Think about it..... RED (as in sunburned) NECK (as in the back of your head from standing in the sun)

Give me a damn break!
Old 03-16-2009 | 03:42 PM
10 Second Club

okay.... caught up... yall continue

btw, count how many promises were already broken..... (atleast one guy only said no to new taxes)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5t8G...12project.com/

Last edited by WizeAss; 03-16-2009 at 04:05 PM.
Old 03-16-2009 | 04:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by WizeAss
That so called "Redneck" said she voted for Hillary Clinton... .she is not a conservative. She is also not a Redneck...

Redneck is a person from the south who works for a living... likely outside in Agriculture or Ranching. Think about it..... RED (as in sunburned) NECK (as in the back of your head from standing in the sun)

Give me a damn break!
LOL! You are trying way to hard there, bud.

I'd bet that dumb bitch didn't vote at all.
Old 03-16-2009 | 04:06 PM
Launching!

The problem is we do not get enough info from an array of sources. We are handed our information from something like 8 different parent company media outlets which control the newspapers, radio, and television. If we had more choices to hear about what is actually going on rather than receiving it from several extremely liberal outfits and one extremely conservative one, we would all be better off

I agree with everything from the previous post, Thomas Jefferson was a great mind and most of what he said if followed today would be great. The problem is, just like he said it would be, our government got too big and now everyone is sticking their hand in the cookie jar wanting a piece.

America would be better off served it we took our nose out of everyone's business and dealt with our own problems. We need to get back to a form of the Monroe Doctrine, but instead of everyone staying out of the western hemisphere, we need to stay inside of it.
Old 03-16-2009 | 04:12 PM
10 Second Club

The problem is we do not get enough info from an array of sources. We are handed our information from something like 8 different parent company media outlets which control the newspapers, radio, and television. If we had more choices to hear about what is actually going on rather than receiving it from several extremely liberal outfits and one extremely conservative one, we would all be better off

I agree with everything from the previous post, Thomas Jefferson was a great mind and most of what he said if followed today would be great. The problem is, just like he said it would be, our government got too big and now everyone is sticking their hand in the cookie jar wanting a piece.

America would be better off served it we took our nose out of everyone's business and dealt with our own problems. We need to get back to a form of the Monroe Doctrine, but instead of everyone staying out of the western hemisphere, we need to stay inside of it.

Won't work unless you want to see 5.00 per gallon or hire oil. We need energy Independence to even come close to what James Monroe said. Oil and our consumption is why we need to be involved.
Old 03-16-2009 | 04:22 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WizeAss
Won't work unless you want to see 5.00 per gallon or hire oil. We need energy Independence to even come close to what James Monroe said. Oil and our consumption is why we need to be involved.
I was not meaning no trade ... I was meaning stop getting involved in every little conflict that breaks out anywhere in the world. We are not the world's police, the UN is, and we should stop acting like it.

Trade is a good thing it helps stimulate the economy and at the same time it brings nations together, as long as one isnt scamming the other. I was trying to imply stop sticking our noses in everyone's business when we have matters to attend to here at home.
Old 03-16-2009 | 05:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by omcar

Couldnt help but comment on this post. I served my country 5 years during Operation Iraqi Freedom did two deployments for a total of a year and a half.\\

My question to the tree huggin liberals is not Was there any weapons of mass destruction? But what would Saddam Hussein do if he had some and why in the **** would he have some?

Heres the truth if it was about oil do you realize that a tyrant like Saddam Hussein could control over half the worlds oil supply and if so do you realize the kind of power he could have I guess you would better start learning arabic buddy. I wish we would stay over there and just kick everyones *** and take over the whole middleeast. Let God sort em out. But everyones complains about the number of people that got killed over there but think about how many died in IRAQ as opposed to WW2 barely even a fraction. The truth is America is becoming to soft because of the damn liberals and we have lost our fight. It disgusts me that my brothers died for Americans nowadays who know more about Brittney Spears's MTV awards wardrobe than D-DAY in Normandy or Pearl Harbor.

Bush made mistakes but not Iraq and definately not Afghanistan.

Sorry everyone about my rambling

Last edited by BADMOON; 03-16-2009 at 07:06 PM.