Real Performance Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 02:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like it how when a shop gives someone the run around the nutswingers always call it a communication problem.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pwebbz28
I like it how when a shop gives someone the run around the nutswingers always call it a communication problem.
Ha ha, nice.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

I will also add that you should NEVER take a car to a labor shop that is only going to sub out the work you need done. RPM doesnt rebuild transmissions and to my knowledge they dont have a PROFESSIONAL rear end guy either.

TDP is your BEST bet for gears and 6spds. I cant say about an auto builder in DFW area.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:39 PM
TECH Resident

Jason does autos as well. Swapping out a 10 bolt and putting in a trans should have taken a week and no longer than 2 max, even if they were slammed with business. A job like that should be bread and butter for them to keep the cash moving for their other larger projects that take lots of time and money. Get someone on the phone and get your car this week, they probably haven't touched it.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:01 PM
On The Tree

Just tried calling, didn't answer again.

So as soon as they do we are going to go get it ASAP
Old 03-18-2009, 03:23 PM
Formerly 4mulaJoe

Send them a letter and leave 1 last message. Let them know you will be showing up with a truck and trailer and expect a refund. Call the local police and see if you can get a constable to show up for this.

You are about 20x more patient than me. I wouldn't have paid up front. They have your car. Why do they need more collateral?
Old 03-18-2009, 03:42 PM
TECH Resident

I wouldn't even wait for them to answer, just leave tomorrow morning with truck/trailer and show up. I also would be calling non-stop until someone answered. Literally fill up their v-mail and call non-stop until you got someone.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

man if i still had my trailer i would help you out
Old 03-18-2009, 03:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Havoc54
Yes that is the shop I'm talking about.

They will not reply to any e-mails now either.

This is getting ridiculous.

These are the best camera phone pics I have at the moment.

I really would appreciate it if you could swing by there.

that's a big *** house
Old 03-18-2009, 03:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

First of all, I just talked with your dad yesterday and explained everything to him. I have been in contact with you and your parents, everytime that you have emailed I have written back personally. So that everyone knows both sides of the story here goes. Since we are all liars up here. The trans that came out of the car went to the tranny shop to get tore down and repaired. The guy that was repairing it wanted $1200 for the rebuild. I thought that was ridiculous so I started looking to buy one somewhere else. I then ate the difference in the transmission that cost me $1500 on ebay with a year warranty. (i charged the customer $1200 and ate the $300 for the difference) Then come to find out it was a scam on ebay. So I had to do a chargeback for the money that I was scammed out of. The rear end is here and ready to go in the car. The transmission is now coming from michigan and like I told his father should be here before the end of the week. It has been a bad deal and I have taken full responsibility for the time that it has taken. I am sincerely sorry about this. There has been many things that have factored into this, but again, no excuses it is taking and has taken too long. I will begin posting emails if need be. You and I both know your car is here and the $1200 you gave me has gone towards your car. I am out $3000 for your trans now, because I ordered another one without being reiembersed for the first one yet. Sorry that I am such a hard person to work with.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

I never have understood why people “rant” about a shop when they still have their car or are in the middle of transaction. :wtf:

Oh the awkwardness when it comes time to pick the car up.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

if this kids car sig is true, that's alot of car for a 16 year old. sounds like daddy is paying for it...and RPM was commuincating w/ the Father. so the kid gets antsy and rants online about it.....

just my own 2 cents.....
Old 03-18-2009, 04:34 PM
LS7 Member

Classy posting the last email...

3 months is way too long for this. If you didn't have the tranny guy lined up at the price you quoted the customer, why did you take his money? This is completely still your fault and it is good that you are biting the extra cost to make up for it, but you should have had your ducks in a row before taking the vehicle. Live and learn.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

The problem with the trans guy was he tore it down and then told us $1200. I initially was going to have him fix it, hence the deposit from sam. Then there were family problems with the guy that was doing the work and I had time to think about it, so agreed to just buy a new one for the same money with a warranty. And never said at anytime that this is anyones fault but our own. We are making it right and that is what matters.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:00 PM
11 Second Club

First, I checked the date on the e-mails like you asked, it took you 4 days to reply with an update when you've had the car over 2 months.

Second, YOU are the shop so you should handle sourcing the parts, unless the customer brings the parts (which rarely works out well). So, if you quote a price and then you have to pay more for the part, that's your fault and should not have any impact on the customer at all.

Third, If you couldn't source parts for the car in a reasonable time frame, you should either compensate the customer by offering a partial refund OR you should pay the extra money to have a part right there, right then. I don't know all the circumstances surrounding this transmission, but 2 months to source a transmission is kind of unreasonable.

Fourth, I'm really kind of shocked that you would a) post kind of personal information about someone's medical history on a public forum and b) would talk to a customer (especially someone's father) with the unprofessional language you used.

Fifth, I saw the RPM shop car at Battle of the Cities in Abilene, Tx about 5 years ago....and it was impressive. I swore that once I got my car put together like I wanted it I would have it tuned by you guys. But, I called on 3/09 to see about scheduling a tune. It took until 3/12 to finally get someone to answer the phone. Once I finally get in touch with someone that were very short with me. I understand time is valuable, but there is a lot of time and money invested in my car (as with most) and I wanted to be sure I had all my ducks in a row before I wasted your time, and mine, by bringing the car to you. I was not treated like a customer, I was treated like an inconvenience. I don't know if I was not taken seriously or if something else was the issue, but I have an appointment on 3/29 to have the car tuned elsewhere, so I can assure you I was serious.

Bottom Line: 3 months for this repair is just plain wrong. I don't care how much you apologize or take the blame, it just unacceptable and should have never reached this point.

Last edited by FormulaZR; 03-18-2009 at 05:10 PM.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TINKRD
if this kids car sig is true, that's alot of car for a 16 year old. sounds like daddy is paying for it...and RPM was commuincating w/ the Father. so the kid gets antsy and rants online about it.....

just my own 2 cents.....
Who the **** cares.

Kids already mentioned he WAS working two jobs.

Sorry if you didnt have the chance for you dad to buy you ****, but dont smash on other people for it.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:12 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by TINKRD

just my own 2 cents.....
So now the acceptable timeline for a repair is contingent upon who is footing the bill?

My wife bought my tires for my birthday, does that make them any less mine?
Old 03-18-2009, 05:35 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by FormulaZR
Fifth, I saw the RPM shop car at Battle of the Cities in Abilene, Tx about 5 years ago....and it was impressive. I swore that once I got my car put together like I wanted it I would have it tuned by you guys. But, I called on 3/09 to see about scheduling a tune. It took until 3/12 to finally get someone to answer the phone. Once I finally get in touch with someone that were very short with me. I understand time is valuable, but there is a lot of time and money invested in my car (as with most) and I wanted to be sure I had all my ducks in a row before I wasted your time, and mine, by bringing the car to you. I was not treated like a customer, I was treated like an inconvenience. I don't know if I was not taken seriously or if something else was the issue, but I have an appointment on 3/29 to have the car tuned elsewhere, so I can assure you I was serious.
That's the same time I saw their car in Abilene. I felt the same way about having them tune my car, and got the complete opposite treatment from them. They treated me great, had 3 guys helping me tune my car with my own LT1 software nonetheless. I haven't been back with a car since but, even when I called asking some general LS1 questions when I was buying my car, they answered every question without making it seem as though I was bothering them (even though I probably was). I will definately be stopping by there next time I visit my parents in Lewisville.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:40 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by jmill96Z
That's the same time I saw their car in Abilene. I felt the same way about having them tune my car, and got the complete opposite treatment from them. They treated me great, had 3 guys helping me tune my car with my own LT1 software nonetheless. I haven't been back with a car since but, even when I called asking some general LS1 questions when I was buying my car, they answered every question without making it seem as though I was bothering them (even though I probably was). I will definately be stopping by there next time I visit my parents in Lewisville.
Damn, how many months out of the year can you even drive an F-body up there, 2?
Old 03-18-2009, 05:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by FormulaZR
So now the acceptable timeline for a repair is contingent upon who is footing the bill?

My wife bought my tires for my birthday, does that make them any less mine?

LMAO. did i ever say anything about the timeline? learn how to read. all i said was daddy was paying the bill. RPM posted emails that shows he was communicating with the father. the kid got his panties in a wad and ranted on a forum.

nothing more nothing less...

Quick Reply: Real Performance Motorsports