Real Performance Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 05:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess my question would be why in the hell would you source a tranny from eBay?!?! There are plenty of reputable builders in the DFW area. As with my RPM experience, sounds like alot of BULLSHIT is being thrown around.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pwebbz28
I guess my question would be why in the hell would you source a tranny from eBay?!?! There are plenty of reputable builders in the DFW area. As with my RPM experience, sounds like alot of BULLSHIT is being thrown around.
A better question would be, Why do you troll RPM threads spewing out bullshit?

Get over yourself and grow the f up. You sound like a whiny bitch now, not a person trying to voice their experience.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

I asked a simple question. If you don't know the answer you can happily go back to nutswinging on ls2. Not my fault your slow *** cammed car couldn't pull a bolt on car. You are the one who is all buthurt cause I'm talking about your buddy Brian.

It's funny, the name calling usually comes out when they don't have a defense any longer
Old 03-18-2009, 06:44 PM
On The Tree

I asked a simple question. If you don't know the answer you can happily go back to nutswinging on ls2. Not my fault your slow *** cammed car couldn't pull a bolt on car. You are the one who is all buthurt cause I'm talking about your buddy Brian.

It's funny, the name calling usually comes out when they don't have a defense any longer
I do not work for RPM nor am I associated with the customer so how could I give a valid answer to the question that was not directed towards me? Way to say I nutswing on Ls2 when I post VERY little on that board and you would have to read each thread to know any differently.

When did I race you? It had to of been 3+ years ago as I do not have the car any longer. Although I know my old car did not have a problem running with a bolt on car so think what you would like. When did we run again?

When did I say anything about Brian? You are trying hard to assume you have any idea who I am or why I posted in the thread that is about RPM and not Brian. Keep reaching.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:52 PM
On The Tree

Old 03-18-2009, 06:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FormulaZR
Bottom Line: 3 months for this repair is just plain wrong. I don't care how much you apologize or take the blame, it just unacceptable and should have never reached this point.

agreed

Last edited by dubrado; 03-18-2009 at 07:01 PM.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

I believe it was a black camaro with the altezas on it. Raced you in denton on the service road. Believe it had a cage in it. Took you until I let out half way through 4th to pass me. You sent me to James Vicars for a tune
Old 03-18-2009, 07:02 PM
On The Tree

I believe it was a black camaro with the altezas on it. Raced you in denton on the service road. Believe it had a cage in it. Took you until I let out half way through 4th to pass me. You sent me to James Vicars for a tune
I doubt it was even a decent run if it was on a service road in Denton. I may have messed around a bit but it would have taken more than bolt ons to run with my old SS. Think what you would like though as it is irrelevant since I no longer own the car.

I could not have sent you to James for a tune. I did not know him at the time.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:05 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by xfactor_pitbulls
Damn, how many months out of the year can you even drive an F-body up there, 2?
Yeah, it's more like 4-5 months. It gives plenty of time to put the car down for mods. Luckily I'm moving back down in November.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:59 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LS1x2
Send them a letter and leave 1 last message. Let them know you will be showing up with a truck and trailer and expect a refund. Call the local police and see if you can get a constable to show up for this.

You are about 20x more patient than me. I wouldn't have paid up front. They have your car. Why do they need more collateral?
Originally Posted by ulakovic22
I wouldn't even wait for them to answer, just leave tomorrow morning with truck/trailer and show up. I also would be calling non-stop until someone answered. Literally fill up their v-mail and call non-stop until you got someone.
Originally Posted by ls1ow
man if i still had my trailer i would help you out
I am 100X more patient than my dad. And I don't have the money to take it anywhere else.

Originally Posted by UTEvo8
Classy posting the last email...

3 months is way too long for this. If you didn't have the tranny guy lined up at the price you quoted the customer, why did you take his money? This is completely still your fault and it is good that you are biting the extra cost to make up for it, but you should have had your ducks in a row before taking the vehicle. Live and learn.
That was why my dad didn't let me see the e-mail. I guess he was trying to do something nice for me. I agree with what you said though.

Originally Posted by TINKRD
if this kids car sig is true, that's alot of car for a 16 year old. sounds like daddy is paying for it...and RPM was commuincating w/ the Father. so the kid gets antsy and rants online about it.....

just my own 2 cents.....
No, I contacted RPM to do the work and my brother and I took it down there, My dad didn't get into it until two months after they had the car.

First, I checked the date on the e-mails like you asked, it took you 4 days to reply with an update when you've had the car over 2 months.

Second, YOU are the shop so you should handle sourcing the parts, unless the customer brings the parts (which rarely works out well). So, if you quote a price and then you have to pay more for the part, that's your fault and should not have any impact on the customer at all.

Third, If you couldn't source parts for the car in a reasonable time frame, you should either compensate the customer by offering a partial refund OR you should pay the extra money to have a part right there, right then. I don't know all the circumstances surrounding this transmission, but 2 months to source a transmission is kind of unreasonable.

Fourth, I'm really kind of shocked that you would a) post kind of personal information about someone's medical history on a public forum and b) would talk to a customer (especially someone's father) with the unprofessional language you used.

Fifth, I saw the RPM shop car at Battle of the Cities in Abilene, Tx about 5 years ago....and it was impressive. I swore that once I got my car put together like I wanted it I would have it tuned by you guys. But, I called on 3/09 to see about scheduling a tune. It took until 3/12 to finally get someone to answer the phone. Once I finally get in touch with someone that were very short with me. I understand time is valuable, but there is a lot of time and money invested in my car (as with most) and I wanted to be sure I had all my ducks in a row before I wasted your time, and mine, by bringing the car to you. I was not treated like a customer, I was treated like an inconvenience. I don't know if I was not taken seriously or if something else was the issue, but I have an appointment on 3/29 to have the car tuned elsewhere, so I can assure you I was serious.

Bottom Line: 3 months for this repair is just plain wrong. I don't care how much you apologize or take the blame, it just unacceptable and should have never reached this point.
I agree with everything you said.

Originally Posted by TAEnvy
Who the **** cares.

Kids already mentioned he WAS working two jobs.

Sorry if you didnt have the chance for you dad to buy you ****, but dont smash on other people for it.
Exactly, Even though I am footing the bill.

So now the acceptable timeline for a repair is contingent upon who is footing the bill?

My wife bought my tires for my birthday, does that make them any less mine?
I agree

Originally Posted by TINKRD
LMAO. did i ever say anything about the timeline? learn how to read. all i said was daddy was paying the bill. RPM posted emails that shows he was communicating with the father. the kid got his panties in a wad and ranted on a forum.

nothing more nothing less...
Hey, already went over all of this.

Good question.

Well, I am still going to let them finish. Like I said, the first time I brought the car down there they had AMAZING service. If they really were going through all that trouble and the tranny will be here by the end of this week then it should be done fairly fast.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:55 PM
On The Tree

Could a mod please delete the personal e-mail. I'd appreciate it.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah. Posting pm's and person to person convos is another specialty of his.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:18 PM
10 Second Club

Yeah. Posting pm's and person to person convos is another specialty of his.
I was there when the boss man at the shop was on the phone trying to get the ebay **** resolved, I didn't know who's car it was for though...... (drinking a beer and shooting the **** with the fellas)....

this **** would have been prevented if things were communicated better. It was obvious to me that RPM was working on fixing the issue.

Like I said in the beginning...... simple miscommunication.

They will make it right...... aside from everyone getting butthurt on the personal **** (it sounds like he is a good kid though) things would be fine after the communication.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:19 PM
Teching In

I don't blame the kid for getting "antsy" and checking in on his car. For most of us our cars are our baby, and we don't like parting with it, especially for three months, no matter the circumstances. In all fairness (and I have no stake in this) the shop does seem to be trying make things right, although three months is far to long. Next time if you put down a deposit for parts, make sure the parts are all there before dropping the car off, that way downtime is minimal. Hope all goes well, and thats a good looking car you got.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:21 PM
10 Second Club

Posting the personal medical issues was way out of line. That right there shows me the class of the shop.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:49 PM
On The Tree

LOL wow... I had heard something about this all the way in DFW at our meet at Fudds. I didnt have a clue that it was even true till now.

Wow..
Old 03-18-2009, 09:54 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Havoc54
Could a mod please delete the personal e-mail. I'd appreciate it.

Old 03-18-2009, 10:14 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Havoc54
Why not just delete the thread... just delete the first post and you are good to go. I believe the shop would not have shared the email if all the folks didnt get on the anti-XXXXXLSXSHOP bandwagon that you commonly see.

IMO it took a few months for the place they ordered the transmission from... then it took more time to realize that it was a scam. The shop doesnt order the transmission until the part is either paid in full or deposited... It is not like it is labor fellas.

Good luck... You might have better luck deleting the thread vs getting a mod to edit the post.

My $2400.00 racing transmission was ordered by RPM thru one of it's built TH400 vendors of choice and waiting 3-4 weeks for delivery is definately the norm for it.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm not anti-RPM by any means, but trying to get a trans off ebay.... Really?
Old 03-18-2009, 10:21 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WizeAss
Why not just delete the thread... just delete the first post and you are good to go. I believe the shop would not have shared the email if all the folks didnt get on the anti-XXXXXLSXSHOP bandwagon that you commonly see.

IMO it took a few months for the place they ordered the transmission from... then it took more time to realize that it was a scam. The shop doesnt order the transmission until the part is either paid in full or deposited... It is not like it is labor fellas.

Good luck... You might have better luck deleting the thread vs getting a mod to edit the post.

My $2400.00 racing transmission was ordered by RPM thru one of it's built TH400 vendors of choice and waiting 3-4 weeks for delivery is definately the norm for it.

STFU Mike, there's is no excuse for them sharing his personal info. I know they're your buddies, but they are the ones wrong here

Quick Reply: Real Performance Motorsports