Real Performance Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 10:31 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by INVISIBLEZ
STFU Mike, there's is no excuse for them sharing his personal info. I know they're your buddies, but they are the ones wrong here
I am sure that was not intentional. It is not like someone is sitting behind a computer trying to be a dick. Call me the rational one..... why should I shut the Fl_lck up when all I was speaking was from another perspective. Take it for what you want. Like I said from the get-go.... Communication is key. FWIW this is common in virtually any industry, including what I do for a living.

But on another note, the comments about the phone maybe something to look into. It is hard to make money in any industry without using the phone communicate, ya'll will typically rate shops that communicate well (in person and with the phone) differently than those that do not. Only few exceptions exist.... such as Erik at HKE... and we all know that is because he is up to his ears in work all the time. Maybe RPM is busy and doesn't have the proper resources to take advantage of every opportunity. Just sayin'.

I offered a solution since it is obvious that the post has not been edited and the fella posting from the shop likely only gets online when at the shop........ unlike 'tards like me that spend 70% of his/her time in front of a PC.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

it all sounds really shady,buying an ebay tranny??? really? get the **** out, there are so many sorces in DFW for a 4L60E.

stfu mike he doesn't need to delete the thread people need to know about **** like this!
Old 03-18-2009, 10:35 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Greed4Speed
I'm not anti-RPM by any means, but trying to get a trans off ebay.... Really?
Depends who you get it from. I know some reputable vendors on this site have E-bay stores.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:36 PM
10 Second Club

Mike, I understand your view, but totally disagree with the sharing of the info. RPM needs to take care of their end. Honestly, I don't know why they allow anyone on this site to post about them seeing as they are not a sponser, and shouldn't get the advertisement postive nor negative.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:38 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by FormulaZR
First, I checked the date on the e-mails like you asked, it took you 4 days to reply with an update when you've had the car over 2 months.

Second, YOU are the shop so you should handle sourcing the parts, unless the customer brings the parts (which rarely works out well). So, if you quote a price and then you have to pay more for the part, that's your fault and should not have any impact on the customer at all.

Third, If you couldn't source parts for the car in a reasonable time frame, you should either compensate the customer by offering a partial refund OR you should pay the extra money to have a part right there, right then. I don't know all the circumstances surrounding this transmission, but 2 months to source a transmission is kind of unreasonable.

Fourth, I'm really kind of shocked that you would a) post kind of personal information about someone's medical history on a public forum and b) would talk to a customer (especially someone's father) with the unprofessional language you used.

Fifth, I saw the RPM shop car at Battle of the Cities in Abilene, Tx about 5 years ago....and it was impressive. I swore that once I got my car put together like I wanted it I would have it tuned by you guys. But, I called on 3/09 to see about scheduling a tune. It took until 3/12 to finally get someone to answer the phone. Once I finally get in touch with someone that were very short with me. I understand time is valuable, but there is a lot of time and money invested in my car (as with most) and I wanted to be sure I had all my ducks in a row before I wasted your time, and mine, by bringing the car to you. I was not treated like a customer, I was treated like an inconvenience. I don't know if I was not taken seriously or if something else was the issue, but I have an appointment on 3/29 to have the car tuned elsewhere, so I can assure you I was serious.

Bottom Line: 3 months for this repair is just plain wrong. I don't care how much you apologize or take the blame, it just unacceptable and should have never reached this point.
Very well said.

Is this the bad news bears or what? It's unfortunate the events happened, but the way it was/is being handled is unacceptable. Frankly with the amount of mistakes these guys make I'm surprised they're still in business...
Old 03-18-2009, 11:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Interspy24
Very well said.

Is this the bad news bears or what? It's unfortunate the events happened, but the way it was/is being handled is unacceptable. Frankly with the amount of mistakes these guys make I'm surprised they're still in business...

Well, I am giving them another week to straiten things out. Like they said, the transmission will arrive by the end of this week and they should be able to get it and the rear end in.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What kind of tranny are you getting?
Old 03-19-2009, 12:01 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Pwebbz28
built 4l60e
Old 03-19-2009, 12:02 AM
TECH Regular

I know this has nothing to do with this thread but, is your SN pronounced "pubes"?

Everytime I see it, I always wonder "WTF?".
Old 03-19-2009, 12:46 AM
Staging Lane

i don't know why you guys are fighting...
**** happens, especially when it comes to cars.
I called RPM and setup a date for a dynotune week before I wanted it done.
got there, they tuned my car, and was nice enough to tell me that i needed a new fuel filter. they even put a new fuel filter in for me.
i vouch for this shop.
and I don't think people who have not used this shop should be talking mad ****...
Old 03-19-2009, 01:42 AM
Teching In

Pardon my ignorance.... I didn't have my WS6 long enough to get work done. But do shops normally get stuff off Ebay?
Old 03-19-2009, 02:00 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by WizeAss
They don't have a money problem... they have almost all of my money!

I am sure this is a miscommunication. Call and speak with Keith.
Yeah, cause im sure they will pick up this time out of all the other tens of times hes tried.

I like it how when a shop gives someone the run around the nutswingers always call it a communication problem.
Hes the one person to have a good experience from them and swings off their nuts so hard its sickening.

Originally Posted by UTEvo8
Classy posting the last email...

3 months is way too long for this. If you didn't have the tranny guy lined up at the price you quoted the customer, why did you take his money? This is completely still your fault and it is good that you are biting the extra cost to make up for it, but you should have had your ducks in a row before taking the vehicle. Live and learn.
3 months? and then Ebaying a ******* transmission? thats crazy

Originally Posted by GS WS6
The problem with the trans guy was he tore it down and then told us $1200. I initially was going to have him fix it, hence the deposit from sam. Then there were family problems with the guy that was doing the work and I had time to think about it, so agreed to just buy a new one for the same money with a warranty. And never said at anytime that this is anyones fault but our own. We are making it right and that is what matters.
So you rectify that by ordering a transmission off Ebay? are you serious? From an unreliable vendor you don't even know? With stupidity like that you all deserved to be scammed, since you tried to screw around with someone else.

I guess my question would be why in the hell would you source a tranny from eBay?!?! There are plenty of reputable builders in the DFW area. As with my RPM experience, sounds like alot of BULLSHIT is being thrown around.
Its crap like that that makes me wonder how the hell they are still in business.

Originally Posted by WS 666
Pardon my ignorance.... I didn't have my WS6 long enough to get work done. But do shops normally get stuff off Ebay?
LOL!!! Yeah maybe if they like to cut corners and **** people over, then yes thats the way to go.

who the hell goes out of their way to ebay a transmission from an unreliable source ON EBAY!?! God thats just being a true jackass.

Quick Reply: Real Performance Motorsports