Two Tightwads racing? SA

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 12:39 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two Tightwads racing? SA

any 1 heard of or had work done by two tightwads racing? They are in the San Antonio area? just wondering how good their work is?
Old 03-19-2009, 09:32 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2TWR tunes my car regularly. Stock LS1/6 with exhaust/intake and M6. So far I've got a best 12.18 N/A on STOCK engine, STOCK rearend. There'll be bashing and there'll be praise. Al researches the crap out of things before he touches the keyboard for tuning or wrenching.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Duffster
2TWR tunes my car regularly. Stock LS1/6 with exhaust/intake and M6. So far I've got a best 12.18 N/A on STOCK engine, STOCK rearend. There'll be bashing and there'll be praise. Al researches the crap out of things before he touches the keyboard for tuning or wrenching.
You sir have a serious driver mod to run those times fo sho
Old 03-19-2009, 11:54 AM
TECH Addict

I've never heard of them....
Old 03-19-2009, 12:09 PM

I'm a silent investor in 2 Tightwads Racing. I can tell you that they are just 2 average joes trying to save people money. They both have day jobs and consider side work a pure hobby. If they didn't have to explain pissin' away late nights and weekends playing cars to their spouses I'm sure they would do it for free. They are pretty passionate about it and thats why I got involved with them. Consider a recent job they just performed for a customer out of town.

Calls I received from them just yesterday as they traveled from Sa,TX to Austin,TX...

6:30PM On way to Austin, TX to tune an '04 Chevy Corvette. Going to get home late but customer offered to cover gas. Al figured they could do some craigslist deals in Austin, TX. On the way Al hypothetically* raced a dealer tagged Hemi Charger on the freeway that was unknowningly initiated by his passenger. Explained to me that while Al talked to customers on the phone guy was revving and jiving all over the place. Al didn't even know what was happening until he heard the (3) honks and awoke from his sellin' speil...According to passenger he never stopped talking during/after the 100mph+ blast...20 min. later he was still on the line with a customer. Results: Hemi's love bumper!

Then

2:00am I get a call that they are finally back in town. Have some light side $'s after gas/food bill to re-invest back into the business for tools/knowledge (books?). Tired and aware work awaits at 7:30am Al didn't sound too happy other than with the results of the tune. His passenger drove the Vette while he tuned the car so I think he won out on the trip. I understand their was some jelousy involved as the car was a total monster. Al wants a Vette even more than before. He'll have to settle for tuning and driving mine occasionally for now.

Long story short these guys go to great lengths to help their customers. For an insurance salesman and a retired Navy guy I will admit they do not own a performance shop, live beside a dyno, or have a parts department by any means, BUT they sure as hell act the part!

The focus I have them on is reinvesting profits back in business to provide future savings down the road for the next customer. Matto: "We exist to save you money." Who wouldn't love to hear that from a local performance shop?
Old 03-20-2009, 02:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Duffster
I get it!! AL's cool good luck to those 2 tightwads....
Old 03-20-2009, 02:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how do we get ahold of them