Another reason to hate valet's

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 02:16 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't let valets drive my car anymore either. On Valentines Day, this bastard hit a pole and then proceeded to try and say that the dent was already there. Almost ruined my date with this really hott girl.
Old 03-23-2009, 02:40 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 99problemz
Did you really find his comment to be THAT offensive? Really?

What difference does it make if he gets out of the car before you walk around it or not?
Its called opening the doors for the customers, typically i would assume its a valets job. And I would have been kinda irritated as well if someone said that about my car in a snide manner.
The moral of the story to me is, the valet was a smartass, rude, lazy, and didnt really earn a tip. And as for parking his car up close, hell thats just less of a distance to walk for him.

leadfoot, i dont see anything wrong with what you did.

Originally Posted by dubrado
Just a tip, it's better to tip the valet before you give him the keys. They'll take better care of it. Never wait til afterwards to tip. My brother used to valet back in the day and all the valets took good care if you tipped ahead of time.
So your basically saying, be an ******* to people since they didnt bribe you up front in order for you all to not **** up their cars?
Old 03-23-2009, 02:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'm not going to read everyone's comments but after reading your little rant it seems as though you are really the one to have started the negative energy. coming in with your predisposed attitude probably set the whole extravaganza off. and yea tipping 1 dollar?! If you really valeted you would know how bad a dollar feels. Clearly the valet accomplished his goal in pissing you off, due to you writing a thread about this. Please don't take it as if I am intending to offend you I am simply giving you my reaction to your post.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bmxer8699

So your basically saying, be an ******* to people since they didnt bribe you up front in order for you all to not **** up their cars?
Do what you want, it's your car, not mine.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:28 AM
TECH Resident

all i know is, most valets make a starting wage of $10 an hour PLUS tips that they get to keep. So even if they only got tipped a buck or two, they still have a badass starting wage to even it out.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

all i know is, most valets make a starting wage of $10 an hour PLUS tips that they get to keep. So even if they only got tipped a buck or two, they still have a badass starting wage to even it out.
that does not apply to all valet ......
Old 03-23-2009, 01:42 PM
TECH Regular

I'm sure you are a good tipper as well and always tip UP to 15% for good service. Sounds like a cheap *** to me...you go to a nice place to eat everyone has their hand out for **** like this so expect to tip a valet 3-5$ most of the time.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:50 PM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

hmm shows how little I know about valet stuff...

My friend worked as a valet for a hospital in Dallas. He was making $7/hr plus tips, but said people rarely tipped ($10-15 a day) and he still seemed ok with that most of the time. The place told them they would have to take a pay cut to stay though so he quit.

I don't understand the concept of valet in a lot of places that have it though...pay someone who's getting paid to drive your car across a lot? In a huge lot or parking deck it might make sense but if someone gave me a buck or 2 to park a car someplace in sight of the restaurant I would be satisfied.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
hmm shows how little I know about valet stuff...

My friend worked as a valet for a hospital in Dallas. He was making $7/hr plus tips, but said people rarely tipped ($10-15 a day) and he still seemed ok with that most of the time. The place told them they would have to take a pay cut to stay though so he quit.

I don't understand the concept of valet in a lot of places that have it though...pay someone who's getting paid to drive your car across a lot? In a huge lot or parking deck it might make sense but if someone gave me a buck or 2 to park a car someplace in sight of the restaurant I would be satisfied.
It attracts alot of high end customers. Its more of a service for the customer, the resturant usually makes alot of money anyway and feels that more high end customers will show with a valet company outside.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:03 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Trans Am Jam
I'm not going to read everyone's comments but after reading your little rant it seems as though you are really the one to have started the negative energy. coming in with your predisposed attitude probably set the whole extravaganza off. and yea tipping 1 dollar?! If you really valeted you would know how bad a dollar feels. Clearly the valet accomplished his goal in pissing you off, due to you writing a thread about this. Please don't take it as if I am intending to offend you I am simply giving you my reaction to your post.
I think you missed the story here. He had no clue what he as getting tipped until after he pulled all this crap. So yeah, I wasn't giving him dic% after what he pulled. Would you tip a waiter at a nice restaurant a full tip if they flubbed the order and were rude to you and your girl? I doubt it.

When I was a valet and we worked places where valet was required, we got paid by the place ($6 to $10 an hour) and we got to keep the tips too. Good money by my standards for the amount of work required. I doubt this guy was depending on tips to survive. If he was, he should have acted like it. Why does the whole world seem to think they are entitled to everything. You have to work to earn money. You don't deserve it for rolling out of bed and barely doing your job. Where I work now, that will guarantee unemployment. There is no way I am giving much (if any) of my hard earned money to some lazy guy who barely tries to do his job.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Its called opening the doors for the customers, typically i would assume its a valets job.
Usually there would be another gentleman on the other side opening the door to HIS wife.

Nothing in life is free, but at the end of the day it is your money and you can do with it as you wish.