Would YOU Pull over.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 06:15 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Would YOU Pull over.....

if someone really close to you was dying and had to rush to the hospital to spend his last breathes with him/her?? Ryan Moates, running back for the Houston Texans pulled over by Dallas PD for running red light. His mother in law passed as he was held up by the police.

http://www.dallasnews.com/video/dall...ml?nvid=345818r

I honestly think this cop was being an A-HOLE!!!

EDIT: Chief Kunkle put him on administrative leave and are going to press Administrative charges on him. Apologized to the family. Moates never identified himself as an NFL player and didn't expect special treatment.

Last edited by MEZA TA; 03-26-2009 at 06:28 PM.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:21 PM

yeah he was been a a-hole that sucks man...
Old 03-26-2009, 06:25 PM
Launching!

wow, serve and protect is 100% expired, now its law enforcement only
Old 03-26-2009, 06:31 PM
Teching In

There Cops cuz to lazy and ignorant to get real jobs!
Old 03-26-2009, 06:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

They would have to catch me at the hospital. I read that story early. Everyone knows what the laws are, but sometimes you (law enforcement) have to use your head. There is always some grey area. This was definetly one of those times. He said he stopped and checked for traffic before running the light. He didn't just blow through it.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:43 PM
Launching!

Total jack ***. He should lose his bage
Old 03-26-2009, 06:49 PM
Teching In

I've met a few cool cops, but this dude was waayy outta line. They must remember they're humans first and cops second. Apparently he let his power go to his head. He's about to be fired, but despite that, I would bet the house on it, that if the roles were reversed, he wouldn't think it was the right thing to do. This is one of the reasons that society has no remorse when one of these bitches gets smoked! I don't condone whacking anyone in law enforcement, but there's that one percent that's crooked and gets what they deserve every once in a while. He'll get fired from Dallas, and get hired in another town, while this guy never got to see his mother in law breathe for the last time, because this ***** was probably picked on in school, and has a chip on his shoulder...
Old 03-26-2009, 06:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

well he did make it to the hopsital...

it would have a bit worse if he had been stopped before making it there.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

the cop is on paid leave. bullshit
Old 03-26-2009, 07:28 PM
TECH Junkie

I'm with you guys. The cop was obviously out of line, but if the NFL player wouldnt have gotten an attitude, I do think it would have went smoother. I understand that he was upset about his mother in law etc etc. But at the same time, he wasted an insane amount of time being a smart *** to the cop. If I was him, I just would have walked in the hospital. If someone close to me was about to die, I wouldnt give a **** about the penalties for going in the hospital. Talking to someone before they die is way more important then a few tickets from that cop.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:30 PM
On The Tree

**** 80% of cops. I wouldnt have pulled over at all. I would hve told that cop that im going inside to see my dying family member and i would have walked right in. Screw what that cop would of said. The reason why i say **** the cops os because I live in katy, TX. if i come home from my friends house, meet, or whatever after midnight, then I get pulled over. No matter what. katy cops suck.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

wow fire this ****. i bet this guys gonna have fun with as a civillian and a NFL team after him
Old 03-26-2009, 07:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by posz28
**** 80% of cops. I wouldnt have pulled over at all. I would hve told that cop that im going inside to see my dying family member and i would have walked right in. Screw what that cop would of said. The reason why i say **** the cops os because I live in katy, TX. if i come home from my friends house, meet, or whatever after midnight, then I get pulled over. No matter what. katy cops suck.
100% truth **** katy cops... especially one in particular
Old 03-26-2009, 07:38 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Donohue96M6Z28
I'm with you guys. The cop was obviously out of line, but if the NFL player wouldnt have gotten an attitude, I do think it would have went smoother. I understand that he was upset about his mother in law etc etc. But at the same time, he wasted an insane amount of time being a smart *** to the cop. If I was him, I just would have walked in the hospital. If someone close to me was about to die, I wouldnt give a **** about the penalties for going in the hospital. Talking to someone before they die is way more important then a few tickets from that cop.
**** yeah! I wouldn't have said ****, i would have just walked into the hospital. What is he gonna do? Pull his gun and shoot you? hell to the no!
Old 03-26-2009, 07:42 PM
LS7 Member

Ridiculous
Old 03-26-2009, 07:46 PM
On The Tree

sucks but if this happened to a normal person i doubt there would have been an apology. happy one less crappy cop is on the streets hopefully this cop has something similiar happen to him
Old 03-26-2009, 07:50 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Donohue96M6Z28
So your running from the cops? I'm sure he would just let you walk into the hospital like nothing happened.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by red90cobra
So your running from the cops? I'm sure he would just let you walk into the hospital like nothing happened.
Exactly what I was thinking.

I wonder if a story would have been published if the people stopped would have been Regular Joe and his wife...?

Not that I condone all the actions of the officer, but still...
Old 03-26-2009, 08:03 PM
Teching In

I guess he was a Cowboys Fan
Old 03-26-2009, 08:20 PM
On The Tree

Yeah that is ******* rediculous man, a lot of cops are crooked and I never believed it until my friend got a couple of PI'S. He went to jail twice and both times the cops mocked the hell out of him and just messed with him hard. Everytime they walked by him the mouthed the words **** YOU to him. He is not a criminal just somebody drunk in public and they cuss at him and treat him like a murderer. I don't have a problem with cops but I see how a lot of people can........