squeak from rear

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 08:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default squeak from rear

Ive developed a weird squeak noise from my car, it happened after i lowered and did some exhaust work.
It only happens on the freeway when i go around 55 and up, i have tried spraying some wd40 on some parts on the rear, but it does not go away.
It sounds like birds chirping or kinda a metallic noise, and it sounds like its the passanger side rear or that its coming directly from the hatch.
I have removed spare tire and everything that could make that noise from the car.
I live in katy, is there any shop that yall would recomend i take my car to?
Old 03-29-2009, 08:34 PM
On The Tree

Man I have that same excact problem but not the same noise. Mine is like a low screeching kind of sound and nobody has been able to figure out wtf it is. It is also on the passenger back side after lowering, get underneath there if you can and try to move everything you can see.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:50 PM
Banned

I'm wiliing to bet it's probably the lower control arms. Grease those and see what happens.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:58 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Ls1Gummi
I'm wiliing to bet it's probably the lower control arms. Grease those and see what happens.
Excactly what I thought mine was, had them replaced and it actually worked for a month and the crap came right back.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by superfreakws6
Excactly what I thought mine was, had them replaced and it actually worked for a month and the crap came right back.
Did you put polys in them or just stock???
Old 03-29-2009, 09:13 PM
On The Tree

Stock and you know I now kind of have a little shimmy in the *** as I am going down the road. I thought it was maybe because of new tires and it would go away but it hasnt. I bet that is my whole problem...

Last edited by superfreakws6; 03-29-2009 at 09:20 PM.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:25 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by superfreakws6
Stock and you know I now kind of have a little shimmy in the *** as I am going down the road. I thought it was maybe because of new tires and it would go away but it hasnt. I bet that is my whole problem...
by shimmy do you mean like your seats are vibrating back and forth quickly at 60 mph plus?

Also have the same issue, but i thought it was my boyd coddington rims, i had them balanced with roadforce 3x, but the small shimmy never went away and it was never in the steering wheel. I have new tire and hub centric rings on the way, trying to rebalance and see if it fixes it.

I will try to check the lca tomorrow, but would like to take it somewhere people with more knowledge than me can work on it.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ls1n00b
by shimmy do you mean like your seats are vibrating back and forth quickly at 60 mph plus?

Also have the same issue, but i thought it was my boyd coddington rims, i had them balanced with roadforce 3x, but the small shimmy never went away and it was never in the steering wheel. I have new tire and hub centric rings on the way, trying to rebalance and see if it fixes it.

I will try to check the lca tomorrow, but would like to take it somewhere people with more knowledge than me can work on it.
No mine is more like at anytime the rear kind of feels like it is loose and you will lose control (not really that bad but it helps you get the idea) and I don't know wtf it could be. People that have all looked at it say nothing is wrong, it seems everybody is retarded where I go or something.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:33 PM
On The Tree

what i dont get is it happens on freeway speeds, but one time i was racing the noise was chirping like crazy when i was standing still.
exhaust hangers maybe?
bushings?
Old 03-29-2009, 09:38 PM
On The Tree

same with me! If I idle it does it just as bad, but when I let the clutch out it will stop and do it again up until about 20 then never again. Mine is only at low speeds, but like I said up top I shimmy. Yours sounds like a metal on metal contact if it is churping. Get some wd-40 and grease and go to work, something is rubbing for sure.