TRT is gone...now what?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 11:39 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took mine to RPM after going to TRT... my spark plugs weren't even screwed in right, it was misfiring and the tune was way off. I don't think RPM was any more expensive than TRT though. I'd go back but it's so far away for me
Old 04-19-2009, 12:15 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by V6 Bird
The real question for you..Is how much money do you want to spend on heads/cam?

Best thing they ever did at TRT was close the doors. Dustin can't tune his way out of a wet paper sack.
Dustin did an ok job...the car runs great although the tuning for 60lbs injectors didn't go great at idle. Everything else is fine. I did one time have my computer hooked up the stand alone fuel management system and it started flashing "danger to manifold" but I told it to shut up and everything was fine...

Bottom line, I don't need to fix the car at all, I'm looking to upgrade a couple of things and simply looking for a reputable shop to do the work. The suggestions on that topic thus far have been good and I appreciate them.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:19 PM
TECH Addict

The only shop I have first hand experience with is LG, and they are very good at what they do. My .02.
Old 04-19-2009, 06:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by pdanrichey
Dustin did an ok job...the car runs great although the tuning for 60lbs injectors didn't go great at idle. Everything else is fine. I did one time have my computer hooked up the stand alone fuel management system and it started flashing "danger to manifold" but I told it to shut up and everything was fine...

Bottom line, I don't need to fix the car at all, I'm looking to upgrade a couple of things and simply looking for a reputable shop to do the work. The suggestions on that topic thus far have been good and I appreciate them.
Trust me when I say this...there should be NO issues with the 60lbs injectors...Its not rocket science to make them work and idle fabulous. If and when you want to make some serious power with what you have, Ive got a cylinder head dude that is very good at what he does. He also does cams, and the cams he does for me have all made super power. Tuning is also something I have a good connection on. Getting quality work at shops these days is not very common these days.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:59 PM
12 Second Club

trt was ok until dustin took over i got f**ked over dustin owes me $$$ i wish billy would had never left i will be going to rpm here in a few weeks!
Old 04-19-2009, 11:06 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by xfactor_pitbulls
The only shop I have first hand experience with is LG, and they are very good at what they do. My .02.

What a joke... I just told him my experience and to call the shop and that it is only a few miles from him. They fixed my car and the entire car came apart yet you call me a fanboy. I am simply pleased with the work and recommend em. Hell, if you ported a set of heads for me and I was pleased i woulda done the same thing. "Lay off the hater-aid!" lol

-that sounded way more childish saying it out loud btw.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:13 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by WizeAss
What a joke... I just told him my experience and to call the shop and that it is only a few miles from him. They fixed my car and the entire car came apart yet you call me a fanboy. I am simply pleased with the work and recommend em. Hell, if you ported a set of heads for me and I was pleased i woulda done the same thing. "Lay off the hater-aid!" lol

-that sounded way more childish saying it out loud btw.

Mike, you always chime in not only about who the shop is, but some long and elaborate story about thier list of accomplishments. You come off like a walking, talking, typing promo for them. I left your post with the shop name, but you dont need to act as if they send you asian hookers every other week for flying the flag.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:13 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor / 7 Second Club

Man that guy LOVES those things. especially when they haul nuts from about 200 ft on, on a sticky surface...WOOT WOOT.

Anyone notice that with the LMR car they worked on. I kinda felt bad for them putting their name with that car but then again what can you do at the same time.

Ah...who am I kidding. Rear-mounts are for tools. Nuff said. Drive it off a cliff.
If you are talking about Jareds car, I put my name on it because I COMPLETELY RE-DID THE ENTIRE CAR. Nothing against whoever built it originally.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by GoldRust
If you are talking about Jareds car, I put my name on it because I COMPLETELY RE-DID THE ENTIRE CAR. Nothing against whoever built it originally.
U picked up on the point I was making...LOL
Old 04-23-2009, 07:53 AM
Banned

TRT gave me such a horrible tune when I went up there (4.5 hours one way!) that I had to pull over on the way home and use my Diablosport handheld to get it to quit breaking up so bad.

Worst tune ever.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:19 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor / 7 Second Club

U picked up on the point I was making...LOL
Maby Jared will chime in and explain just how much of the original setup that i had to re-do to make the power he was wanting. I just love how people that have no clue and try to make "points"
Old 04-23-2009, 10:36 AM
TECH Addict

Maby Jared will chime in and explain just how much of the original setup that i had to re-do to make the power he was wanting. I just love how people that have no clue and try to make "points"
Sounds like you salvaged a lackluster rear mount setup. That is the point. The other point............why do a rear mount? That could be the point. My point, dont roast marshmallows 10 feet from the fire. Put the bitches on the flame.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

U Sound butt hurt now Josh..Why? I don't what you did..that part was nice.

The fact remains its still a rear mount. Take it for what its worth.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:02 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

U Sound butt hurt now Josh..Why? I don't what you did..that part was nice.

The fact remains its still a rear mount. Take it for what its worth.
Here we go again...

Does it work...? Yes. Is it the most efficient...? No. Do I care...? Not really. My tune with Dustin went well minus the 60lbs injectors and yes Mike, you have already commented on that. I'd like to get that fixed while adding an extra 50wrhp from the turbo cam...should help out a smidge with the lag. I'm going to Mexico in the morning bitches...i'll be back over a week from now and we'll discuss who will do the work.
Old 04-24-2009, 03:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by pdanrichey
Here we go again...

Does it work...? Yes. Is it the most efficient...? No. Do I care...? Not really. My tune with Dustin went well minus the 60lbs injectors and yes Mike, you have already commented on that. I'd like to get that fixed while adding an extra 50wrhp from the turbo cam...should help out a smidge with the lag. I'm going to Mexico in the morning bitches...i'll be back over a week from now and we'll discuss who will do the work.
You'll never get rid of laggyness with just a cam.