top ten fastest street cas in dfw

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 05:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which time you talking about "dallas" came down to Houston the time at the track or on the street???

We tried to make the time Dallas came to HMP unfortunately the car was still in the chassis shop now its out, and would love to get some match racing going. I assume BoostedGT is the turbo car that came down from dallas area a few years back for the street race??

What are extreme street rules?
Old 05-05-2009, 06:29 PM
Banned

The **** has gotten out of hand in the past 5-7 years...... If you aren't packing 700-800 at the rear wheels in a street car, you don't have jack ****. My 94Gt with about 500 N/A is weak compared to most of the **** running around now days.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:38 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thesource
The **** has gotten out of hand in the past 5-7 years...... If you aren't packing 700-800 at the rear wheels in a street car, you don't have jack ****. My 94Gt with about 500 N/A is weak compared to most of the **** running around now days.
the truth...really its no the power...you must trap mid 140+ to be a fast street car...to be top you need to trap 165+
Old 05-05-2009, 06:39 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SlowRebel
Which time you talking about "dallas" came down to Houston the time at the track or on the street???

We tried to make the time Dallas came to HMP unfortunately the car was still in the chassis shop now its out, and would love to get some match racing going. I assume BoostedGT is the turbo car that came down from dallas area a few years back for the street race??

What are extreme street rules?
Yeah we came down to Houston that one year. Man that was a cluster ****! Anyways, the extreme street rules are here: www.texastrueten5.com

Come on up!
Old 05-05-2009, 07:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by daniel6718
the truth...really its no the power...you must trap mid 140+ to be a fast street car...to be top you need to trap 165+
Making high mph is making a lot of horsepower. Turning a low ET is putting it to the ground.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:38 PM
Teching In

So extreme street is the same as ultimatestreet and tuff street here in houston, I doubt we will make it up there this season due to working bugs out but will keep it in mind.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:32 PM
Launching!

So extreme street is the same as ultimatestreet and tuff street here in houston, I doubt we will make it up there this season due to working bugs out but will keep it in mind.
Cool man. Its a fun class to run in.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:37 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BoostedGT
Well either way, I'm sure she will run good. Lookin' forward to racing with you guys this year.
Same here man, hope it's a fun year of racing.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:51 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by daniel6718
You racing supra's or do you give a **** about ET...**** MPH, ET wins races sparky.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:18 AM
12 Second Club

do you race down here in the classes? I am working on a project now and I am thinking of getting into the outlaw 8.5.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:13 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys crack me up with this **** about who runs what, and what kind of racing is worthy of you etc... Its like saying that any idot can drive an auto car at the track just point and shoot, when in reality you know there is a little more to it! Roll racing or Drag racing is just like autocross or drag racing or the silverstate classic or ralley racing, drifting and so on etc... So don't give people a hard time cause they don't do they type racing YOU do. Its different strokes for different folks is all.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:00 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by thesource
Making high mph is making a lot of horsepower. Turning a low ET is putting it to the ground.
i know this but my car only makes mid 600's and theres a video lurking of me and a 945hp z06 running from 50-180 or so and i was in front the whole time...he didnt start catching me till about 155, i jus ran it out for fun...overdrive doesnt pull very well

back to my horsepower dont matter...explain the 300 hp differance/me in front?

i had every disadvantage...
auto vs stick
same weight
he was more aerodynamic
he was boosted im nitrous

Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
You racing supra's or do you give a **** about ET...**** MPH, ET wins races sparky.
yeah if ur a street car you cant care about just et, mph too
you dont always get a dig run and with guys making 1400 hp all they need is a 2.0 60' and a 130 mph 1/8 and ur in trouble even in a 1/8 race exspecially on an unprepped street, if your all et and cant do it cause streets **** then youve got nothing
Old 05-06-2009, 11:06 AM
Launching!

Dude you're talking to a roll race pro. He can't get his car to hook up from a dig so he takes the easy way out and roll races. I know exactly what you're trying to say Nate.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Roll vs Dig vs auto vs sticks.. blah blah blah

Who gives a flip.

My beater car gets 33 mpg and has oscillating a/c vents.

What you got to say about that? :flex:
Old 05-06-2009, 12:40 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TINKRD

Who gives a flip.

I can plug my iphone into my radio!!!!
Old 05-06-2009, 02:09 PM
TECH Addict

I can plug my iphone into my radio!!!!

In the end thats all that matters. Pandora rolling down the highway is the best.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't really talk to Andrew much anymore, he got married and fell off into that piece of *** and doesn't race lol. I might be giving a few other cars a hand this year but it more then likey won't be Andrew.

OK i'll have a beer you can have a jack and coke dipshit.
Now hiring experienced tire changer/suspension adjuster here...
Old 05-06-2009, 03:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TINKRD

Who gives a flip.

Sounds like my Cavalier I beat on daily except for the oscillating a/c vents...
Old 05-06-2009, 03:19 PM
Banned

Dude you're talking to a roll race pro. He can't get his car to hook up from a dig so he takes the easy way out and roll races. I know exactly what you're trying to say Nate.

no the easy way is making a full out racecar witha glide and slicks...and im not a roll race pro...its called a street car, that means it can do roll races, dig races whatever...doesnt need to be trailored to where you have a prepped street and run from digs because thats all your car is setup for...all you do is dragrace on some abondoned street, hardly street racing and definately FAR from a street car...
Old 05-06-2009, 03:32 PM
TECH Resident

IMO you cant make a top 10 fastest street cars in DFW for two reasons:

1. Everyones definition is different of what a street car is. Some peoples is as wild as you can afford to drive around. Some people is the HOT ROD MAG's Pump Gas Drags-type car.

2. The cars in the list will undoubtably be up and down for various failures, upgrades and changes.

You could make a master list but there would be so many variables that it wouldn't work. You could say 1/8th mile, 1/4 mile, Texas Mile, roll racing, etc. My old mans car would be in the top 10 if he had the ***** to drive it to Keller's on a given Saturday with a 55 gallon drum of C16 tied to the roof. But would that be practical? **** no. You could say top 10 cars overall but you wouldnt be able to say top 10 fastest. But as far as 1/8th and 1/4 for a practical street car, I would have to say that 1400hp Viper is at the tops of that list no question.

Quick Reply: top ten fastest street cas in dfw