Cruise Control question. . .

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 12:36 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just need to know where to look for module.. .. ..
Old 05-12-2009, 03:53 PM
11 Second Club

bump for module location . . .
Old 05-12-2009, 05:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Under my clutch pedal it is a white plastic piece that is threaded. There are 2 under there, I think. Can't remember for sure. There will also be one directly under the brake pedal. They are supposed to disengage the cruise control when either the brake or clutch is pushed in. My cruise doesn't work either and when I first began trying to diagnose the issue, I had found a picture on the internet and attempted to mess with mine, but to no avail. Hope that helped for locating it.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:50 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

It's related to your ABS and trac lights being on, not the module. You need to investigate those systems first. Figure out why those lights are on, the cruise will never work until you work those out

800-456-0211 / PM / Facebook
WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice

Old 05-12-2009, 05:51 PM
Teching In

Neither my ABS or Trac Control light is on.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:15 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

They are for the original poster

WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice

Old 05-12-2009, 06:37 PM
Teching In

^^^^, Sorry I just went back and read that.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:32 PM
Staging Lane

Cruise control module is what the cable hooks up to and should be next to the a.i.r. pump in the lower left fender next to the L. fog lamp. I don't think your lights being on have anything to do with this because you said they have been on for 2 years. They could but if the cruise worked before it's hard to say with out seeing what the codes are.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:47 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Originally Posted by 02 35thLE
Cruise control module is what the cable hooks up to and should be next to the a.i.r. pump in the lower left fender next to the L. fog lamp. I don't think your lights being on have anything to do with this because you said they have been on for 2 years. They could but if the cruise worked before it's hard to say with out seeing what the codes are.
Listen, cruise works in conjunction with wheel speed sensors (obviously), and anytime there is a problem with that system or any of the sensors the cruise can not work. Period. That's the way it is. He can start troubleshooting the CC module all he wants and ignore my advice, but it will not work again until he gets the issue causing those lights to come on working. Could there be another issue like the switch on the pedal or something with the module? Sure, but you can't troubleshoot all of that until you make it where the system can active anyways. It's related to the reason that if you have cruise on in the rain and the back wheels spin a little it shuts off the cruise, different speeds between the front and rear wheels. If it thinks there is a different speed between the front and rear or if any of the wheel speed sensors aren't working, TCS and ABS lights come on and cruise can not be enabled all because it doesn't know wheel speeds. Those lights are on because it can't currently verify wheel speeds, and without that ability the cruise control will not work.

It doesn't have to be wheel speed sensors, it could also be because or brake lights etc like others have mentioned, anything disabling the ABD/Trac systems and turning those lights on can and will disable the CC with them, as the system deems it unsafe to use CC without Traction Control ability (due to the above mentioned situation of using CC in the rain and the rear end losing traction)

Last edited by Scoggin Dickey; 05-13-2009 at 05:53 PM.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:11 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Scoggin Dickey
Listen, cruise works in conjunction with wheel speed sensors (obviously), and anytime there is a problem with that system or any of the sensors the cruise can not work. Period. That's the way it is. He can start troubleshooting the CC module all he wants and ignore my advice, but it will not work again until he gets the issue causing those lights to come on working. Could there be another issue like the switch on the pedal or something with the module? Sure, but you can't troubleshoot all of that until you make it where the system can active anyways. It's related to the reason that if you have cruise on in the rain and the back wheels spin a little it shuts off the cruise, different speeds between the front and rear wheels. If it thinks there is a different speed between the front and rear or if any of the wheel speed sensors aren't working, TCS and ABS lights come on and cruise can not be enabled all because it doesn't know wheel speeds. Those lights are on because it can't currently verify wheel speeds, and without that ability the cruise control will not work.

It doesn't have to be wheel speed sensors, it could also be because or brake lights etc like others have mentioned, anything disabling the ABD/Trac systems and turning those lights on can and will disable the CC with them, as the system deems it unsafe to use CC without Traction Control ability (due to the above mentioned situation of using CC in the rain and the rear end losing traction)
I'm not saying the lights may not have something to do with it but he said they have been on for 2 YEARS. If it where me I would check to see what the codes are first but just trying to help with some other things to checks.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:14 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had to yank that top clutch pedal switch out toward the pedal a bit the last time mine stopped working. It got shoved toward the steering wheel and the pedal would no longer close the circuit.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Okay so i just checked out the "white buttons" and they were BOTH knocked out of there brackets. So my cruise control works now. To get to these you have to take both panels off under the steering wheel. And basically lay in the seat backwards to get to them LOL
Old 05-16-2009, 01:20 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by enigmah
Okay so i just checked out the "white buttons" and they were BOTH knocked out of there brackets. So my cruise control works now. To get to these you have to take both panels off under the steering wheel. And basically lay in the seat backwards to get to them LOL
Yeah you need to be some kind of circus freak to get in there with any kind of comfort. You need a ******* scuba mask to get that damn clip off of the top of the clutch master cylinder rod.
Old 05-16-2009, 07:47 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
Yeah you need to be some kind of circus freak to get in there with any kind of comfort. You need a ******* scuba mask to get that damn clip off of the top of the clutch master cylinder rod.
Enigmah, cool yours is fixed.

Blur, I almost spit out my Mt. Dew when I read your first sentence, but agree!
Old 05-23-2009, 12:42 AM
11 Second Club

6][9 called it. It was the little button clip had broken for the clutch pedal. Took a giant staple and used it to hold the clip in place and then duct tape to hold staple Cruise works fine now. For Alls info, cruise control works INDEPENDENT of brakes and ABS. My ABS Inop, Brake/ TCS lights were ALL in all day long.

Thank you if you replied at all for my thread here.

Enig... glad to see you're fixed too.