Process operator's....

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 07:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MsGTO06
Carbon, I worked at Cain, Oxychem, Equistar and lastly it was Lyondell all the same plant. I quit on 2002 because my youngest was in his last year of high school and acting like a butt, so to keep him on the right track I quit and ran our other business. In 2005 I moved to Port arthur for a job with a company called Ineos phenol. They bought out Innovene in 2006 which made them a large company then. They shut down this unit in November and we stayed on till April. They don't look for it to come back in a year or 2 but who knows.
Damn, thats crazy! I work at INEOSNOVA Bayport and I didn't hear about any company layoffs. Well good luck finding a job man. I've been layed off before and it sucks.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Carbon
Damn, thats crazy! I work at INEOSNOVA Bayport and I didn't hear about any company layoffs. Well good luck finding a job man. I've been layed off before and it sucks.
i need to put my resume in with them who do they go through or #'s i can contact?
Old 05-11-2009, 11:47 PM
Teching In

Best kept secret Ineos Phenol Port Arthur..They laid all the operators off, secretary, maint planner and one shift foreman. First time I have been laid off. Does Ineosnova go through Certified in Clear Lake?
Old 05-12-2009, 06:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

Best kept secret Ineos Phenol Port Arthur..They laid all the operators off, secretary, maint planner and one shift foreman. First time I have been laid off. Does Ineosnova go through Certified in Clear Lake?
**** a phenol plant....I worked at Bayer for two year in the Makrolon/BPA units...

that

Old 05-12-2009, 07:48 AM
Teching In

Lol it wasn't a phenol plant. We made cumene and shipped it to AL to the plant that made Phenol. We were just part of the Phenol division. They have a lot of different divisions.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Lol it wasn't a phenol plant. We made cumene and shipped it to AL to the plant that made Phenol. We were just part of the Phenol division. They have a lot of different divisions.
Ah Cumene, benzene and propylene feedstock. I make EB which is benzene and ethylene feedstock. Same style process, but we make Styrene out of it. We hire through the site but we aren't at the moment.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:19 PM
Teching In

Ethylbenzene I am familiar with it also.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:40 AM
Teching In

ExxonMobil Beaumont will be testing in July. Go on line and apply and then when it opens for testing schedule a testing date.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:00 PM
Launching!

Default Chemical plants

I work at the Huntsman Specialty Chemicals plant in Conroe and we are still holding on in this economy because we make so many different chemicals. Not toooo much hiring going on due to the economy now but they wont hire you without experience or some operator school education on your resume and then there is a long line in front of you with contacts at the plant. I would suggest going to the operator school at Lamar and get some credits because that does help.....it shows them that you are INTERESTED IN THAT FIELD and getting training. I think they have some 12-24 month classes that will help you in the future when the economy gets better. The military service
definately helps especially if u were a officer. There are shift jobs and day jobs and you can make over $30 an hour with good benefits and 401k,retirement etc.etc. There is no substitute for education in getting you in the door unless you know somebody but those days are more rare and jobs are harder to get into especially with laid off skilled operators looking for the same job. They have experience so they are a leg up on you already but they do not have to pay you as much to start so you have that going for you.

Good Luck
Old 06-07-2009, 11:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Footlead
I work at the Huntsman Specialty Chemicals plant in Conroe and we are still holding on in this economy because we make so many different chemicals. Not toooo much hiring going on due to the economy now but they wont hire you without experience or some operator school education on your resume and then there is a long line in front of you with contacts at the plant. I would suggest going to the operator school at Lamar and get some credits because that does help.....it shows them that you are INTERESTED IN THAT FIELD and getting training. I think they have some 12-24 month classes that will help you in the future when the economy gets better. The military service
definately helps especially if u were a officer. There are shift jobs and day jobs and you can make over $30 an hour with good benefits and 401k,retirement etc.etc. There is no substitute for education in getting you in the door unless you know somebody but those days are more rare and jobs are harder to get into especially with laid off skilled operators looking for the same job. They have experience so they are a leg up on you already but they do not have to pay you as much to start so you have that going for you.

Good Luck
I'm currently enrolled in the process tech course at San Jacinto College. I'll stick with it and hopefully something comes around. Thanks though.

Jon
Old 06-17-2009, 05:24 PM
Teching In

ExxonMobil Beaumont will be testing in July. Go on line and apply and then when it opens for testing schedule a testing date.
got my name on that list... not expecting much out of exxon mobil besides practice from that test lol
Old 06-18-2009, 01:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

you better be the first guy to sign up. all 500 or 600 spots will be filled by the time you get the letter in the mail to sign up for testing
Old 06-19-2009, 03:01 PM
Teching In

i got signed up. 1200 spots booked in about 6 hours lol
Old 06-20-2009, 11:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by setxathlete14
i got signed up. 1200 spots booked in about 6 hours lol

yeah you have to wait until the day that testing opens to sign up but man ill be on at 11:59 pm. I'm not missing this one
Old 06-21-2009, 01:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LawHorn
yeah you have to wait until the day that testing opens to sign up but man ill be on at 11:59 pm. I'm not missing this one
you must be talking about the baytown test. they just had a signup for a beaumont one recently
Old 07-05-2009, 11:09 AM
Teching In

I was led to believe that if you test for the Beaumont plant it also applies to Baytown. On your candidate page add the Baytown location if you want to be considered for a position there. BASF is hiring operators, they prefer the 2 yr degree ppl. Your test scores are good for 4 years but you have to log in to their site once every 12 months.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yea, we just got the word Exxon will be testing in late July so get on there and apply and sign up.....

When you sign up....apply for every position (operations, Millwright, I/E Lab) at all the Baytown, Beaumont, Mount Belview locations....IE Refinery, Chemical, MBPP, and BOP (where im at)

They dont care what your experience in the craft is..they teach you everything you need to know......****...in my hiring group this one guy was a waiter at a seafood place before he got on at Exxon.....
Old 09-14-2009, 12:44 PM
Teching In

Anyone get a process operators job yet??
Old 09-15-2009, 01:38 AM
On The Tree

My vote is a power plant, lot cleaner & not nearly the danger of harmful chemicals & solvents. I'm @ work right now, not a bad gig @ all!!
Old 04-25-2010, 12:45 PM
On The Tree

I just finished my first week training in a process operator job at Lyondell Equistar. It is the first of 5 weeks training then 1 more week ERT training.
From there its 6 months+ for a qualification and another 2 months + for certification.
I am starting in the High Density Polyethylene Unit.

I am totally new to this field. Ive worked in Printing and the Steel Industry previously. Does anyone have any words of advice or comments?

(I am the king of dragging up old threads.. me and the search function are friends)

Quick Reply: Process operator's....