Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh it is running right... now.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:19 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by NSSANE02
I dont even think we went over the speed limit

so then how were you racing? if you guys truly didn't and went from a dig, then that's a lot more in your favor than hwy speeds of 60-1xx. the cop(s) are gonna say what they say, but in the end it's gonna depend on the judge you get the day of your hearing/trial. he could be a dick that won't listen to anything you have to say and hang you out to dry. Or he could be real forgiving and honestly listen to your side and give you one more shot but still give you a lesser charge. so my advice for you is to get your story straight whether you want to tell the truth or not is your decision, but don't waver in your words. no "um's, uh's", slang bs, etc. hope it turns out in your advantage. i got pulled over about a month before the felony law went into affect. me and old members JS12 and L4m3r were on 121/hebron running from a dig-155. got it all on video as i run by, then JS12, then about 10 seconds later a cop with his lights flashing, LOL! he let me go outta respect for me pulling over and not running, honestly a cool cop. he only wrote "racing" on my ticket with no speed, so i paid ~$300 and got it deferred. i was real lucky.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:21 PM
Teching In

was there anything out of place on your car when you got it back cody?
Old 05-08-2009, 10:34 PM
On The Tree

I don't agree with street racing and I have no problem with throwing people in jail who race on public roads and endanger others. But I don't agree with the way the off-duty officers went about trying to stop you. You shouldn't have stopped for a badge out a window and the officer shouldn't have done it. They should have called in on-duty officers to stop you if they felt it was that important.

You have a good case in court. There are 2 credible witnesses but no evidence beyond their word. Fortunately for you if they didn't get the other vehicle's information you have a good chance. I am very surprised that the on-duty officers arrested you for an offense outside their presence, even on the word of other officers. I think they should have stopped and identified you and had the officers who were in the car following you file for a warrant if they wanted it done that badly.

Originally Posted by KL20
so then how were you racing? if you guys truly didn't and went from a dig, then that's a lot more in your favor than hwy speeds of 60-1xx. :
You don't have to speed to race. Any speed competition is a race. I got stopped for racing below the speed limit when I was a teenager.

the cop(s) are gonna say what they say, but in the end it's gonna depend on the judge you get the day of your hearing/trial. he could be a dick that won't listen to anything you have to say and hang you out to dry. Or he could be real forgiving and honestly listen to your side and give you one more shot but still give you a lesser charge.
This is a Class B Misdemeanor, he would be a fool to give up his right to a jury trial and have a judge trial. If he's smart he'll have a jury trial.

i got pulled over about a month before the felony law went into affect.
Racing is not a felony and never has been in Texas. It use to be a Class C Misdemeanor, now it is a Class B. Evading in a vehicle is a felony, but not racing.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:36 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by whitey92Lx
was there anything out of place on your car when you got it back cody?
No the car was fine but my laptop was missing, it's listed on the checklist they gave me though so I have to go to the courthouse monday to see how to get it back. Man you should have seen the list of "missing parts" on that paper
Old 05-08-2009, 10:40 PM
11 Second Club

Oh yeah, so what was wrong with your car?
Old 05-08-2009, 10:49 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1nterceptor
I don't agree with street racing and I have no problem with throwing people in jail who race on public roads and endanger others. But I don't agree with the way the off-duty officers went about trying to stop you. You shouldn't have stopped for a badge out a window and the officer shouldn't have done it. They should have called in on-duty officers to stop you if they felt it was that important.

You have a good case in court. There are 2 credible witnesses but no evidence beyond their word. Fortunately for you if they didn't get the other vehicle's information you have a good chance. I am very surprised that the on-duty officers arrested you for an offense outside their presence, even on the word of other officers. I think they should have stopped and identified you and had the officers who were in the car following you file for a warrant if they wanted it done that badly.

You don't have to speed to race. Any speed competition is a race. I got stopped for racing below the speed limit when I was a teenager.

This is a Class B Misdemeanor, he would be a fool to give up his right to a jury trial and have a judge trial. If he's smart he'll have a jury trial.

Racing is not a felony and never has been in Texas. It use to be a Class C Misdemeanor, now it is a Class B. Evading in a vehicle is a felony, but not racing.
Thanks for the info man. And I argree that racing and endangering other just to get your jollys off on the street is dumb, but we live and learn. In my defense though, I won't race unless I have a clear/empty road ahead of me, and if any cars come into sight I shut it down. That was then though, now I wont race unless I see staging lights and a quarter mile patch of track in front of me
Old 05-08-2009, 10:51 PM
11 Second Club

damn LS1nterceptor, just pick apart my post, lol. but about the racing from a dig statement i made, in his case it's in his favor based on the facts he gave. i was stating that's how it is in every situation. when i was given the ticket for racing, i never had an option for a trial by jury/judge, it was only judge. i didn't really know what options i had, and honestly still really don't. i try to avoid getting pulled over as much as i can. and i had always thought the law was a felony, evidently i was wrong. guess that shows how much i street race now since '02. thanks for clearing my false inputs up.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

shoulda been like but I'm sure you have heard that enough lol
Old 05-08-2009, 11:20 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by TXjeepTJ
shoulda been like but I'm sure you have heard that enough lol
... heard it, thought it, dreamed about it... can't go back though
Old 05-08-2009, 11:24 PM
Teching In

My n2o pressure was at 1150 psi. It froze my n2o solenoid and it never opened. So it was just dumping fuel and no nitrous. On top of that I also had it on a richer tune than usual. Gay excuses, but I will keep an eye on that stuff next time Im at the track..SO... when are you going to the track??
Old 05-08-2009, 11:24 PM
Teching In

... heard it, thought it, dreamed about it... can't go back though
I would bet if you or me ran, we would have some bruises right now.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:31 PM
11 Second Club

My n2o pressure was at 1150 psi. It froze my n2o solenoid and it never opened. So it was just dumping fuel and no nitrous. On top of that I also had it on a richer tune than usual. Gay excuses, but I will keep an eye on that stuff next time Im at the track..SO... when are you going to the track??
I was gonna go tonight but I couldn't get ahold of the track to make sure they were open. I'm getting some stuff to make a custom cold air early next week so I'll be hitting up the track asap after I get it setup... looking for 11.3x @ 120+ but we'll see.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:35 PM
11 Second Club

I would bet if you or me ran, we would have some bruises right now.
Maybe so, but there's a chance I could have been at home in my bed Tuesday night too, either way it would have been the same charge cause you cant get a ticket for leaving an unmarked car.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:38 PM
Teching In

good point.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:41 PM
On The Tree

get a lawyer and hope they dont find this thread, you already said you were racing yourself, but that suck man i got busted by an off duty cop once not for racing tho, talk about gay what are the chaces a off duty cops shows up in the middle of a corn feild and catch some underage kids with beer, high school fun lol

good luck with it tho
Old 05-08-2009, 11:49 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by LoudmouthWS6
get a lawyer and hope they dont find this thread, you already said you were racing yourself, but that suck man i got busted by an off duty cop once not for racing tho, talk about gay what are the chaces a off duty cops shows up in the middle of a corn feild and catch some underage kids with beer, high school fun lol

good luck with it tho
Technically I never stated that I was racing, in this thread or to the officers. I just said that I was arrested for it.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:52 PM
On The Tree

i agree with you 100% its total bs that cops do that crap, i hope you get it dropped, i was just sayin
Old 05-09-2009, 02:36 AM
Teching In

Sell your car and buy a Honda - It will show you learned your lesson

Although you will be driving a Honda, so you may get some sh-t
Old 05-09-2009, 08:05 AM
Launching!

They came up next to me and she was hangin out the window waving a badge yelling to pull over then he got in front of me and basically forced me on to the feeder.
interesting... public endangerment ..unmarked moving vehicle with a woman hanging out the window.. driver of vehicle with woman hanging out the window while vehicle is in motion gets cited ..at least in Panama City Beach,FL ..get a lawyer and your car is badazz

Quick Reply: Anyone been arrested for street racing?