Stolen Typhoon in Houston area

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 03:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow, really wtf?!?!? Did they use it as a shop project?
Old 05-14-2009, 03:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so where did they find it and who took it to the junkyard? they didnt take anything? not even the rims? have anyone that doesnt like you? were the police able to get any prints with all the work it took to do that? hope everything works out.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:54 PM
Teching In

The police have a suspect, they feel there is enough evidence to lay hands on him. The police think the theives got tipped off by someone. It was found behind a house, from the officers description, an abandoned house. Dude had a hispanic name, but that dosent mean anything. Its actually at the police impound. The insurance company wants to move it to a salvage facility, but i'm not signing anything until we agree on a value. State Farm has been good to me, but they are an insurance agency. I do have the original wheels so I am trying to get the vette wheels. The insuarnce co. will probably let me get what I want out of the truck so that will be less they have to pay for. I didnt dig through the truck as there was glass and sharp metal, but I didnt see the system in it.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:01 PM
Teching In

Wow, sorry to hear about the ride!

I was JUST there like..Monday ish.

This is scary..I used to go there all the time and thought nothing of it. I've heard from several other sources that cars aren't safe over there anymore. I wonder what happened and caused a sudden jolt of crime/theft right there at that spot?

I hope things work out for you! Those are not easy to find replacements for. Maybe that's why they chopped it..rare parts?

Maybe the suspect can be a lead to a chopping ring or something? Maybe there's a gang or group of tards that go out and chop up or resell cars from AMC's lot. Sucks Damn people need to get a real job!

Old 05-15-2009, 12:59 AM
TECH Addict

**** them theiving pieces of ****. If i caught them ide treat them the way they did that truck. Hand cuff em to a shower curtain rail and chop em up scarface style.
Old 05-15-2009, 01:52 AM
Teching In

Buy it back from insurance company and sell the cladding, seats and anything else that is unique to the truck. Get with the guys on syty.
Old 05-15-2009, 03:50 AM
TECH Regular

Damn that sux. I quit going there a yr or so back because I got tired of seeing all the thugs and punks that just hangout there. It sucks to drive all the way to the cinema in Webster but seeing this makes the drive alot more worthwhile.
Old 05-15-2009, 04:17 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Thats terrible man, sorry to see that.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:32 AM
Teching In

Get the motor covered up and buy it back for the drivetrain. Dont let it just go to anyone..
Old 05-15-2009, 09:02 AM
Staging Lane

holy ****! I would've went nuts when i seen that.

Here in waco i went to a theater and some lowlife broke into my car and slashed my tires. Shitty thing was there was not one thing stolen outta my car. I say we take a nice car park it out there and sit in another car with limo tint by it. Then when someone tries to break into we shotty/rifle them ****'s up!

Devin
Old 05-15-2009, 09:36 AM
Staging Lane

Wow thats shitty man...

I wouldn't go shoot myself I'd be ready to shoot the bastards that did it.

People are dumbasses.
Old 05-15-2009, 02:06 PM
TECH Resident

You're not alone dude. When I was alot younger my dad had a 93 formula that was torched right in front of our house at 2am. The craziest part...the guy who did it was a volunteer firefighter WHO WAS THERE HELPING PUT THE FIRE OUT. Of course we didn't know that until months later but can you believe that? The same guy was also suspected of setting some houses on fire. The scariest part was that myself, my brother, and my mother weren't 100% sure my dad was not in the car. Luckily he had taken a different car to work that night so he wasn't even home. In any case man salvage what you can and I know it won't make you feel better but maybe you'll come out with some extra cash in your pocket.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:26 PM
Staging Lane

Sorry to hear about your Typhoon.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:45 PM
Teching In

The insurance co. is saying they dont sell theft recoveries back to the owner. I dont understand why as this gets some of the money back before they even cut the check. Honestly if I get my vette rims back and $11k+ I'll be happy.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry to see that man. I just don't understand what the point of this was...

Hope you get what you want from the insurance company.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:58 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 402CAMAROSS
The insurance co. is saying they dont sell theft recoveries back to the owner. I dont understand why as this gets some of the money back before they even cut the check. Honestly if I get my vette rims back and $11k+ I'll be happy.
Unless there is some new law, they are BS'ing you. You own it, they can't tell you that you can't get it back. Don't let them take it. Tell them you want the value of it, minus the salvage value, and keep it.
Old 05-16-2009, 03:39 AM
Teching In

I followed the link over from the syty site, sorry to see this. WTF were they planning on doing with it? Shipping it off in little pieces?
Old 05-16-2009, 05:58 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tnsyty
I followed the link over from the syty site, sorry to see this. WTF were they planning on doing with it? Shipping it off in little pieces?
They cut it up like that to get rid of it without a title.
To the OP if the insurance company want to play hardball, make them get qoutes for getting it fixed and also finding you a replacement one. They should give you no issue with getting your wheeels back as long as you give them the original wheel and tires
Old 05-16-2009, 07:57 AM
Teching In

The main reason for wanting to get the truck back was to help other sytys stay on the road. Ive kicked the idea of really trying to get the truck back, but it really comes down to the money. There are couple syclones and several typhoons I could buy and still have insurance money left over. The idea of sticking the engine in a third gen has popped up. OR......gasp...........my mustang. 4K# ty to a 2k# mustang.
Old 05-16-2009, 08:16 AM
TECH Addict

i would just try and replace it with another syclone or typhoon. that way your not completely hurt by this loss.