Cops out bad in Galveston

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 07:42 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tootall
I got pulled over this weekend by a black Tahoe . . . and it was the US COAST GUARD . . . speeding on the freeway. They (all 4 of them) let me off with a warning . . . almost lost the TWIC card
WTF? how does the coast guard even have jurisdiction to pull you over for speeding?
Old 05-11-2009, 08:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rooster99ss
WTF? how does the coast guard even have jurisdiction to pull you over for speeding?

Kinda what I was wondering myself....I have a few buddies that are in the Coast Guard....and yes, the Galveston/Galveston County cops are getting bad, we got pulled over in our big Bulk delivery truck for "excessive acceleration"" and we had damn near a full load in the trailer.. Pulled over the Miller truck not 5 min later for the same thing
Old 05-11-2009, 08:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rooster99ss
heck if I know . . . then again, I've been pulled over buy a Texas Game Warden before coming back from Lubbock to Houston right before Rosco.

Again, hauling *** with a 4wheeler in the back. We were on the way back from a Tech game after getting killed. I passed him doing almost 90. Again, big green Chevy truck with a head ache rack on back with a really thin light bar, with "Texas Game Warden" in really small letters on the back glass, and then the huge plackard on the door. I slowed down, and a mile later, he had the lights on. We looked at eachother . . . "dude, can a Game Warden pull us over?" . . .

He asked what we were doing (me and another buddy) and where we were going, were we had been, what was with the 4 wheeler, and wanted to check the EMPTY ice chests in the cab and bed. Yes sir . . . no sir. . . go a head and look . . . and then, "why the hell are you hauling ***." I'm trying to make a 10hr trip into 7hrs. "well slow the hell down." . . . and let me go. Ran my license and my buddy's and let us go.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:18 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by sandovalt1
Anyone go to galveston and ride the seawall mothersday?? I counted over 10 Cops in the center lane today, writing tickets like crazy. I took my Mom out to eat. On the way back to 61 i got pulled over in my moms cobalt ss. He asked for my d/l and insurance, looked at it. Handed it back started to walk away and said, "i'm letting you off with a warning." I asked for what?he told me his radar said i was speeding. If they are out so bad now i wonder what its going to be like this summer????
Yep i took a cruise down there yesterday evening after takin my mom out to eat and was drivin down the seawall doing the speed limit-minding my own business and i get pulled over (of course). I must have passed 10 cops when finally one on a motorcycle decides to light me up. He said my car was too loud..and "if i didnt immediately leave the island he was gonna have my car towed". I was as nice as i could be until i saw him start writing the ticket and i got pissed. "Whats the reason for the ticket officer?" I politely asked. "Your car doesn't have mufflers" he says. "Yes it does," i told him. Then he has the nerve to get down and look under my car n of course notices the cutout open and gets up with a grin. "So now your lyin to me huh? I thought u said ur mufflers are working?" he says to me. "No sir, you asked me if i had mufflers, and i do...maybe they arent "operating" but i do have them" i said. "You sprayin?" he asks while trying to read my guages on the pillar. "None of ur business man just give me my ticket."

Fat pig with a badge
Old 05-11-2009, 09:26 PM
LS7 Member

So he wrote you a ticket for illegal exhaust or something? Do you have cats in your system?

I'm rolling without a cat, no front plate, and slightly darker than legal tint. I don't think I will taking my car to galveston any time soon...
Old 05-11-2009, 09:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by vicouSS00
Yep i took a cruise down there yesterday evening after takin my mom out to eat and was drivin down the seawall doing the speed limit-minding my own business and i get pulled over (of course). I must have passed 10 cops when finally one on a motorcycle decides to light me up. He said my car was too loud..and "if i didnt immediately leave the island he was gonna have my car towed". I was as nice as i could be until i saw him start writing the ticket and i got pissed. "Whats the reason for the ticket officer?" I politely asked. "Your car doesn't have mufflers" he says. "Yes it does," i told him. Then he has the nerve to get down and look under my car n of course notices the cutout open and gets up with a grin. "So now your lyin to me huh? I thought u said ur mufflers are working?" he says to me. "No sir, you asked me if i had mufflers, and i do...maybe they arent "operating" but i do have them" i said. "You sprayin?" he asks while trying to read my guages on the pillar. "None of ur business man just give me my ticket."

Fat pig with a badge

shoulda told him (If I was sprayin you wouldn't have caught me".... did that once, it was quite amusing as the response I got
Old 05-11-2009, 09:31 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by UTEvo8
So he wrote you a ticket for illegal exhaust or something? Do you have cats in your system?

I'm rolling without a cat, no front plate, and slightly darker than legal tint. I don't think I will taking my car to galveston any time soon...
"Defective exhaust" he said it was

I dont have cats, no front plate, and 5% tint on both windows including the rear. He didnt have anything better to do
Old 05-11-2009, 09:53 PM
TECH Addict

I'm glad I'm completely legal. lol. They can try to hassle me all they want!
Old 05-11-2009, 11:39 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by vicouSS00
"Defective exhaust" he said it was

I dont have cats, no front plate, and 5% tint on both windows including the rear. He didnt have anything better to do
I got a ticket from a galveston county cop a few weeks ago. He said my car was to loud ............ on an on an on. I went to the court house in bacliff they told me if i have proof that i got it fixed they would drop it...... i told them i fixed it my self. So i have a court date coming up to explain all this. Its a bunch of b/s if you ask me!!!!
Old 05-11-2009, 11:41 PM
Teching In

I talk to a buddy that was there sat. and sun. He has a c6 kooks no cats and i think borla. They didint mess with him, and he was cammin like crazy on the seawall. I guess they just pick who they want out of the bunch.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by UTEvo8

I would keep my car at home for sure. My mom was like im gald we are in my car and not yours, we would have been in jail on mothers day
Old 05-12-2009, 12:48 AM
Teching In

I'm still scratchin my head on the gettin pulled over by the Coast Guard!!!!

I'm retired from the Coast Guard after 25 years (retired in '98); I rode with the Galveston Sheriff's office at times, but I sure didn't have the authority to pull over a citizen on the highway back then......I guess things changed after 9/11. I'll tell you this, I won't pull over for a Coast Guard vehicle on a public highway....maybe on port grounds or the waterfront.
Old 05-12-2009, 02:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I hate threads like this... As a citizen I feel so powerless to change the direction things are going.

It used to be w/in the last 5 years or so that you never saw a Bexar County Sheriff or Constable...now they are EVERYWHERE. Their primary source of revenue is tickets. There are days when my radar detector doesn't STOP going off from the time I leave work to the time I get home 30 mins later.

They sit on motorcycles in the center turn lane, each one facing opposite directions and both with radar on. They will sit without lights on the shoulder over a hill where the speed limit drops from 65 to 55 at night. Some have that "ghosted" badging so you can't even tell they are a cop. Others look like they are one flashing light away from being an extra in a UFO movie...which to me implies they are celebrating their "kill" (they dont have nearly as many lights in the back so its CLEARLY directed at the psyche of the driver... Ugh.

I think that Texas places a limit (used to?) on how much income a township/city could generate from traffic enforcement...but the county isn't a township so I guess this is how they work around the law? It all just seems so underhanded.