local beaumont/pt arthur area guys?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 09:38 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by carfax
slow your roll. lees car is what he bought brand new. not just ins car that was taken by the hurricane.....also, mr.evo he has meth with 280 cams full bolt ons ans STOCK turbo and intercooler. mama wont let him buy anything. he just bought a ams intercooler today. lees car should be right at 11.70s with basically a stock car. its not your fault you couldnt get your car out of the 12s without changing the turbo.
Well all im saying is that if he is pushing it into the 11's i doubt itall get any faster without him getting a bigger turbo. That tiny *** thing is limited to 28psi anything past that is just pushing hot air. Meth injection is probably the only thing thats making him get into the 11's a full bolt on evo and a safe boost lvl will hardly make it past 12.5's. I ran my 35r on 24 psi which is just barely pushing it at all Meth injection and 30psi and some sticker tires. Im sure it would have went very well into the lower 11's.

Even with him running 11.7 with the stock turbo my evo would have still walked away from his car. That turbo is limited 16g vs gt35r....... really is that anything to compare to?

Last edited by SETc6; 05-20-2009 at 10:24 AM.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:36 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by SETc6
Well all im saying is that if he is pushing it into the 11's i doubt itall get any faster without him getting a bigger turbo. That tiny *** thing is limited to 28psi anything past that is just pushing hot air. Meth injection is probably the only thing thats making him get into the 11's a full bolt on evo and a safe boost lvl will hardly make it past 12.5's. I ran my 35r on 24 psi which is just barely pushing it at all Meth injection and 30psi and some sticker tires. Im sure it would have went very well into the lower 11's.

Even with him running 11.7 with the stock turbo my evo would have still walked away from his car. That turbo is limited 16g vs gt35r....... really is that anything to compare to?
Lol your talking **** with a car you don't even own anymore. It has a evo-8 turbo.
A quick search shows that quicker than 11.7 is pretty possible.
http://forums.evolutionm.net/drag-ra...os-2009-a.html
Old 05-20-2009, 10:51 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Sluggish
Lol your talking **** with a car you don't even own anymore. It has a evo-8 turbo.
A quick search shows that quicker than 11.7 is pretty possible.
http://forums.evolutionm.net/drag-ra...os-2009-a.html
lol im not talking **** just stating what i know to be true, all those guys are using Race gas w/ meth injection and 95% of them are using evo 9's not 8's. I'm still a member of that form and i know alot of those guys you cant try to prove me wrong i know whats true and whats a load of ****.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:57 AM
Teching In

I'm sure lee's car is fast now but when i had mine I distinctly remember someone asking him about us racing and he said i would have beat him. This was over half a year ago, I'm sure he's done a **** load more.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:00 AM
10 Second Club

SETc6, nice upgrade!
Old 05-20-2009, 11:36 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JaSSon
SETc6, nice upgrade!
I know right haha
Old 05-20-2009, 04:00 PM
Teching In

so where's ole adam at, been waiting for that run.............
Ill be ya huckleberry car or bike...pick your poison.

P.s. Glad you got a faster car....you'r gonna need it

Just got off the phone with Lee...he said good thing you dont have that terd anymore cuz he woulda drug that down the 1320...Bigger turbo and slower car= TUNER ERROR

Last edited by Risky Business05gt; 05-20-2009 at 05:11 PM.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Risky Business05gt

Just got off the phone with Lee...he said good thing you dont have that terd anymore cuz he woulda drug that down the 1320...Bigger turbo and slower car= TUNER ERROR
Nah just Big turbo - low boost = no power, I'd have had to install a meth/alky kit and bump up to 30lbs or more to even see it shine at all. The actual day i went to the track last with it i was going to put some e85 in it but couldnt get it so was stuck doing some more passes gimped as ****. Nah im not really planing on "racing" anyone anymore, I stoped messing around with the car scene about a year ago really. I'll still go to the track and i hang out but I just lost the feel for it over this past year. I'm actually about to sell the blower and put it back stock here in the next couple weeks.

I'm not trying to argue with any of you guys honestly was just trying to state that if Lee's cars into the 11's i doubt he's running a stock bolt on evo. Him having meth+cam'd/headwork and some sort of suspension work besides the stock setup i'm sure its do-able, but in any evo owners eyes thats hardly a "Bolt-on" car thats about as far as you can go without upgrading the turbo system.

Last edited by SETc6; 05-20-2009 at 07:02 PM.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:11 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Risky Business05gt

Hey if you want this T-trim blower instead of that Si version let me know before i sell this kit.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:52 PM
Teching In

Hey if you want this T-trim blower instead of that Si version let me know before i sell this kit.
Nah im cool...I actually sent my s trim off and got it upgraded to the si trim which is only 50cfm less than the t trim while I was swapping out the motor.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:27 PM
12 Second Club

Who said anything about his car just being just a "Bolt-on" car?

I thought the vortec you have is a SI trim.

Last edited by Sluggish; 05-20-2009 at 10:35 PM.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:11 PM
10 Second Club

i said that it was full bolt ons and cams....thats it.

btw horsepower is horsepower no matter how you cut it. even if you had a gt35r and he has a stock turbo if you put down the same numbers who wins......yeah thats what i thought.

btw i think a mustang and a corvette t trim might not work the same...dont quote me, but i think its a different rotation on the impeller.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:52 AM
Teching In

so where's ole adam at, been waiting for that run.............
I don't get it. You called him out, then when he makes a post, you say you're not really into racing anymore? ? ?
Old 05-21-2009, 11:46 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DSGKB2.2
I don't get it. You called him out, then when he makes a post, you say you're not really into racing anymore? ? ?
I wasnt calling him out, was just refering to the last arguement i had with these guys adam was in it too. Just making a joke.

Originally Posted by carfax
i said that it was full bolt ons and cams....thats it.

btw horsepower is horsepower no matter how you cut it. even if you had a gt35r and he has a stock turbo if you put down the same numbers who wins......yeah thats what i thought.

btw i think a mustang and a corvette t trim might not work the same...dont quote me, but i think its a different rotation on the impeller.
No clue I havent even looked to know if they do or not, I just saw that he had his listed.

Originally Posted by Sluggish
Who said anything about his car just being just a "Bolt-on" car?

I thought the vortec you have is a SI trim.
Honestly I cant tell you, I'm about to call and find out forsure because when i ordered the kit he told me the only headunits he had were the T-trim but when i got its serial #'s were for Si trim & when i call them he told me its just the casing #'s or some **** so honestly I have no clue :/. Just had to pay 1300 to get my a/c fixed in my house so moneys getting kind of scares all the sudden. I'm was actually trying to trade a guy for the Si version on another forum but i dont know if he'll still trade or not.

Last edited by SETc6; 05-21-2009 at 11:59 AM.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:55 AM
Teching In

hey mick how much you selling your set up for?
Old 05-21-2009, 11:58 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by orange350z
hey mick how much you selling your set up for?
I posted up in the forum for 4800 or something but i dont know if anyones gonna offer me that much. Its still brand new

Hey when I get the car back probably next week, need to meet up one day. I've been stuck in this damn house for awhile now.

Last edited by SETc6; 05-21-2009 at 12:04 PM.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:06 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hrmmmm....

LOUD NOISES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teching In

Hey i have a set of Tr55's if you want em im not using them, and not like i can bring them back lol.
Teching In

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
loud noises!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lmfao
Old 05-21-2009, 12:07 PM
Teching In

I posted up in the forum for 4800 or something but i dont know if anyones gonna offer me that much. Its still brand new

Hey when I get the car back probably next week, need to meet up one day. I've been stuck in this damn house for awhile now.

yeah for sure i done a few things to the vette and have a few more planned before the motor transplant goes into effect! why you putting it back to stock?

Quick Reply: local beaumont/pt arthur area guys?