02 ws6
17.39%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Going Crazy!! ws6 or corvette????

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 11:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going Crazy!! ws6 or corvette????

Im going nuts without a sports car. I REALLY would love to have a ls3 vette but its def out of the pic now that I just found out my girl has 60k in student loans to pay off. She is a nurse now making some good money and with both our incomes we will have lots of dough but we have a pretty big loan payment for atleast 6-7 years. So instead of being selfish and buying a 35k plus vette and having a newer nice truck while she drives a crap 03 v6 mustang Ive decided to help her put with her loans. So now I have decided to maybe look at a ls2 06 vette. I have not driven a ls2 or ls3 vette. But everytime I see a nice ws6 it reminds me of my old car and how much I loved it. Price does play a big issue here now that Im helping her pay her loans. My 07 tundra is paid off so I will be keeping it. I want a fast and nice car so the vette is my number 1 choice but a 06 clean *** vette will still run 26k+. I can find a mint 02 ws6 with 20k or less on it for around 17-18k. Thats a big price difference and I will have money left over the mods to make it faster. But how much faster is a ls2 vette over a ws6? Either car I buy will be modded with atleast bolt ons. I know how fast a ws6 is. My small cammed 2000 ran 12.1 at 118 with a 2.0 60 so thats not to shabby. But also, there is just something cool about having the last year of the trans am and having one so mint and clean. There will never be another 02 ws6 but there will be a million 06 vettes. Give me your opinions please. Super clean ws6 or a ls2 vette? If you were my shoes what would you do. I would be able to afford the ws6 pretty easy but the vette would be pushing it. But having a vette woould be so sick. Let me know
Old 06-01-2009, 11:40 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WildBills Toyota
Im going nuts without a sports car. I REALLY would love to have a ls3 vette but its def out of the pic now that I just found out my girl has 60k in student loans to pay off. She is a nurse now making some good money and with both our incomes we will have lots of dough but we have a pretty big loan payment for atleast 6-7 years. So instead of being selfish and buying a 35k plus vette and having a newer nice truck while she drives a crap 03 v6 mustang Ive decided to help her put with her loans. So now I have decided to maybe look at a ls2 06 vette. I have not driven a ls2 or ls3 vette. But everytime I see a nice ws6 it reminds me of my old car and how much I loved it. Price does play a big issue here now that Im helping her pay her loans. My 07 tundra is paid off so I will be keeping it. I want a fast and nice car so the vette is my number 1 choice but a 06 clean *** vette will still run 26k+. I can find a mint 02 ws6 with 20k or less on it for around 17-18k. Thats a big price difference and I will have money left over the mods to make it faster. But how much faster is a ls2 vette over a ws6? Either car I buy will be modded with atleast bolt ons. I know how fast a ws6 is. My small cammed 2000 ran 12.1 at 118 with a 2.0 60 so thats not to shabby. But also, there is just something cool about having the last year of the trans am and having one so mint and clean. There will never be another 02 ws6 but there will be a million 06 vettes. Give me your opinions please. Super clean ws6 or a ls2 vette? If you were my shoes what would you do. I would be able to afford the ws6 pretty easy but the vette would be pushing it. But having a vette woould be so sick. Let me know
i see where your coming from.. i have a 1998 ws6 and it runs fantastic ...overcourse you said money is a big issue i bout my ws6 for 7000$ stock but there wasnt a damn thing wrong with it.!! i say go for the ws6 you said you would have plenty of money to put add ons to the car..thats my opinion
Old 06-01-2009, 11:54 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ArticFormulaWs6
i see where your coming from.. i have a 1998 ws6 and it runs fantastic ...overcourse you said money is a big issue i bout my ws6 for 7000$ stock but there wasnt a damn thing wrong with it.!! i say go for the ws6 you said you would have plenty of money to put add ons to the car..thats my opinion
true.... but one of my questions is how much faster would the vette be with bolt ons compared to the ws6 with boltons. Eventually both cars would be cammed also. I had to put alot of work into my ws6 to barly be able to beat my counsins 02 z06 with just headers. I know vettes are alot lighter but would the vette blow the doors off of the ws6?
Old 06-02-2009, 12:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

i have yet to drive the new vette's either but just after driving my camaro and my dad c5 i wish i could get one of them. They are just another beast all together. But i really like driving up here in the mountains in his car since it just rides the roads like it is on freaking rails. Both cars with be fun no doubt thought, since you have had two fbodies, try a vette, if you dont like it im sure you can find a buyer easily
Old 06-02-2009, 12:35 AM
TECH Regular

Get the vette bill and call it a day....you'll be glad you did it
Old 06-02-2009, 12:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im in the process of parting out/selling my car to buy a C5 Zo6 or a C6... probably going to be a C6...

which one is faster out of those two and an fbody? C5zo6... then the c6.. then the fbody..

a cam only C5 zo6 and a cam only ls2 C6 will be in the bottom 11s easily.. thats full weight and a/c radio nav. HUD whole nine yards..

to a cam only fbody in the bottom 11s...... lets just say it wont be the nicest ride on the block..

they are just all together better... if you dont have the money, sure go for the fbody.... if you can get ahold of one.. get one..

i have full bolt ons H/C 4k stall 3k lbs etc etc etc... most consider it a drag car.... my buddy has an 03 Zo6 with a CAI... from a roll we are a dead even race... although i top out at around 135 because of my 410s and 26" tires... from a dig i would beat him by a good 1 1/2 seconds in the 1/4.
the outcome would be about the same with an ls2c6... although i would walk them a bit from a roll..

now for an m6 it wouldnt take as much mods to beat one from a roll, but they arent going to beat it from a dig as much on average...

it takes a full bolt ons MINIMUM to be a good race for a c6 ls2 or c5 zo6... to beat a minimal modded (cai exhaust) zo6 or ls2 it takes a cam in an fbody.. etc etc etc

not to mention how much better they brake, handle, look, feel, ride, etc etc etc..
Old 06-02-2009, 12:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

true.... but one of my questions is how much faster would the vette be with bolt ons compared to the ws6 with boltons. Eventually both cars would be cammed also. I had to put alot of work into my ws6 to barly be able to beat my counsins 02 z06 with just headers. I know vettes are alot lighter but would the vette blow the doors off of the ws6?
full bolt on fbody=low 12s.. (barely faster than stock c5zo6s)

full bolt ons in zo6=low 11s..

full bolt ons in an ls2c6=low-mid 11s..

think about it... they weigh around 300-400 lbs lighter depending on options of cars and what not.. and make around 60 or so more hp...
Old 06-02-2009, 02:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

This is an easy one - the Vette.

The ONLY reason I would consider an F-body over a Vette is if:

a) you need a back seat for kids (I do hence my car)
b) you just can't afford the Vette (I can't, hence my car)

Old 06-02-2009, 05:25 AM
On The Tree

Vette vs. WS6

performance - vette (bolton for bolton, anyone knows this)

interior - vette

driveability - vette

"baller status" - vette

looks - tie, could go either way. as a WS6 owner i think they are the sexest f-bodies ever made

cost - WS6

if i was in YOUR SHOES and i knew exactly what my income to debt ration was and i could swing the Vette, i'd go with the Vette.

if you can't afford it, buy another WS6.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:09 AM
12 Second Club

Cmon Billy...The answer is right in FRONT of your face... VETTE!!!!! The ride quality, the minor bolt ons to be in the 11's, the look, the interior far more superior than the T/A, etc....Im sure you have driven a vette. Deff your cousin's. I remember when he 1st got it back in the day. It was sweet. Why not go drive a LS2 vette and check them out. You should also think about the Z51 package if getting one. Plus one other thing i love about vettes is you have only 1 passenger. I hate having more than 1 person in my car. Plus all you co-workers will be jealous

Honestly you have experienced the WS6 and SS. Its time to move on...Maybe down the road when the time is right you can go search for your beloved WS6, but for now VETTE..It probably gets better gas mileage too..
Old 06-02-2009, 08:02 AM
TECH Addict

Trans Am is not a sports car. It's a muscle car. And it doesn't matter what you do to a Trans Am, it will never handle as good as a stock LS2 C6 (especially a Z51). If you want a sports car, get a Vette. No question. This is coming from someone who has owned both a '99 Trans Am and a 2006 Z51 Vette.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:30 AM
TECH Addict

Ya its just so tuff. If I get the vette it might kinda suck knowing its not the best vette I can have. But if I get the ws6 I will know its the best f body ever made and a car thats still respected. Just sucks it takes a heads/cam ws6 to hang with a bolton ls2 vette. But with the vette I wont have to worry about window motors...headlights....and the rear end breaking
Old 06-02-2009, 10:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

owned both..

vette blows the fbody out of the water.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:58 AM
TECH Regular

Get a Vette, not even sure why you're debating it... lol.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:58 AM
Launching!

^ i agree. i thought the same thing. i wouldnt trade back to a ws6 for anything now.

IMO, i'd get a c5z man, they are AMAZING cars. and drastically going down in price. i bet you can find one with >50k miles for around 22k.

i guess the c6 is a newer/*better* platform to build off of. but i see more c6's around here than c5's and fbodies. a c5z will take an ls2 easy in the 1/4, and neck and neck with a ls3 hardtop. and i believe it will beat both pretty easily in any kind of handling situations.

no offense, but i got tired of the hydroplaning, creaking, rattling, flexing, shitty brakes, shitty suspension, ttop leaks, ect ect ect of a fbody.
they are great cars. but compared to a c5z or c6? haha, laughable. its a whole 'nother class of car.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Stephen@Pavlock
Get a Vette, not even sure why you're debating it... lol.
Haha seriously! I wanna know who voted for the t/a?
Old 06-02-2009, 11:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TLUZLS1
Haha seriously! I wanna know who voted for the t/a?
someone who has never driven/ridden in a vette, or someone who is too stubborn to realize the difference.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:35 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by XtremeBBQ
^ i agree. i thought the same thing. i wouldnt trade back to a ws6 for anything now.

IMO, i'd get a c5z man, they are AMAZING cars. and drastically going down in price. i bet you can find one with >50k miles for around 22k.

i guess the c6 is a newer/*better* platform to build off of. but i see more c6's around here than c5's and fbodies. a c5z will take an ls2 easy in the 1/4, and neck and neck with a ls3 hardtop. and i believe it will beat both pretty easily in any kind of handling situations.

no offense, but i got tired of the hydroplaning, creaking, rattling, flexing, shitty brakes, shitty suspension, ttop leaks, ect ect ect of a fbody.
they are great cars. but compared to a c5z or c6? haha, laughable. its a whole 'nother class of car.
I thought about a c5z but I just like the looks of the c6 so much more. And Im pretty sure a c5z wont smoke a ls2. Gotta be a drivers race
Old 06-02-2009, 12:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

I thought about a c5z but I just like the looks of the c6 so much more. And Im pretty sure a c5z wont smoke a ls2. Gotta be a drivers race
There's a vid of a c5z vs c6 ls2 somewhere. C5Z walks away
Old 06-02-2009, 12:31 PM

Looks like it a landslide.....

Quick Reply: Going Crazy!! ws6 or corvette????