Another one down... (pix inside)

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 11:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn that sux... that was a super clean Z....
Old 06-10-2009, 12:20 AM
TECH Resident

damn man cant believe that happened, didnt seem that long ago when you and trojan were putting in the shift kit. Cant believe it had to go out that way

And go to the Dr. asap get EVERYTHING documented.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

DAYUMMM! Damn dumb ****. (The one who ran the light) That sucks.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:33 AM
Launching!

Thanks again guys for all the compliments. They help with the greiving lol.

I have an appointment with a chiopractor tomorrow and I'm gonna get tripple copies of everything. I stil haven't found a lawyer yet.

The part that makes me the sickest is that book value of that car is around $5k from what I've found. You can't even buy an LS1 camaro in any condition (unless it is a roller) for that price. Not to mention the exterior was a 8.5/10 in my opinion. And I'm having trouble gathering receipts of all the after market parts that were damaged.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:47 AM
On The Tree

damn! that sucks! pretty bad..
Old 06-10-2009, 01:37 AM
Teching In

Don't bother gathering receipts for the aftermarket stuff. Insurance companies don't take that into consideration when they total the car. They don't even use bluebook. They use some other measure but usually blue book is close.

As I've said a million times on here, you don't buy back the car. Hard to buy something back when you own it to begin with. Its called retaining title. Insurance takes their value of the car, subtracts out salvage value, and cuts you a check for the difference. Assuming the car is paid off of course. If it isn't you have to have insurance send the check to the lien holder, if anything is left over you get that, if you owe.... you gotta pay up if you want to part it out.

If you do part it out, don't let some people on here insult you if they want to buy the entire car. I think I got offered 1500 for my WS6 when I sold about 8K of parts off of it.

As for a PI attorney, no clue there. My accident from 2005 is still in litigation or whatever. I'm not even asking for money, I just wanted them to cover my medical bills. But you need to get one ASAP.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:12 PM
Launching!

I think I'll just go with one of those big name PI lawyers like Brian Lawncar or Jim Adler. They're based out of Dallas, but they both have Ft. Worth offices as well...
Old 06-10-2009, 04:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

When dealing with the insurance company leep in mind that you pay for replacement insurance and that is what they owe you. they will definately try to low-ball you and only give you book or lower but you need to tell them that it can't be replaced for what they offer and put it on them to find the value of a "LIKE" replacement. They will go on Auto Trader and try to find the cheapest local examples to base your payout on but as long as you have solid evidence that your car was newer or cleaner or had more options you can fight them. Do not take the first offer unless it's enough to replace the car!

P.S.- Jim Adler is a Lawyer but now acts as more of a legal referral service. He has not tried an actual case since 1986. He will refer you to another lawyer that is willing to take the case for half price and he gets the other half assuming you win. Be careful.
Old 06-10-2009, 06:42 PM
Launching!

Thanks for the tips. I heard the same thing from a guy I work with. One thing I have on my side is that my car had the Y3F package and factory flame red interior. I'll tell them to find one with those options and I'll accept the amount that one sells for if it's in the same condition. I KNOW they won't find one with both those options. I can't even find one on tech. And from there I'm hoping I can get more money out of them.

And thanks for clearing up the Jim Adler thing too.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sucks man, i remember when you first got that car....

That truck, I sware I saw that same truck a few blocks down for me...wonder if it was him?
Old 06-10-2009, 08:54 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SlvrV6Camaro
Sucks man, i remember when you first got that car....

That truck, I sware I saw that same truck a few blocks down for me...wonder if it was him?
Dude... I ran the guy's license plates today and he lives in Benbrook by you. On Lochness ct.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:29 PM
On The Tree

I'm glad you're okay. When I saw the first picture it almost looked like simple sheet metal/fiberglass damage. Then I saw the crack in the shock tower and the interior of the car. That was a hard hit. Again, I'm glad you're okay. That could have been a lot worse.

I've been where you were several times. At first you feel fine and then the pain sets in. After my last wreck my arm started swelling up and I thought it was broken. Turns out it was just bruised about as bad as possible and had burns from the airbags. If either you have full coverage insurance or the other guy has any insurance, just take the ambulance ride.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:34 AM
Staging Lane

on a side note what exactly is the y3f package....mine looks exact same cept its nbm. thanks, duke
Old 06-11-2009, 01:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 99 DUKE'Z 28
on a side note what exactly is the y3f package....mine looks exact same cept its nbm. thanks, duke
y3f = Sport Appearance Package aka the RS package
Old 06-11-2009, 01:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JoeKnowsBaseball
Dude... I ran the guy's license plates today and he lives in Benbrook by you. On Lochness ct.
Yup, that's where I saw it this morning....sitting out in the street in front of the house.

EDIT: After looking at the pics again, I know exactly where that happened....I drive though that area to get to downtown from Benbrook....that light always sucks.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

whatever you buy, put that hood on it..

sorry to hear..
Old 06-11-2009, 01:07 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 99problemz
y3f = Sport Appearance Package aka the RS package
i personally dont really care for the body packaage, but is it more valuable on it or does is not really matter.....im plannin on takin it off when i put my full exhaust on this month

and has the insurance called u or anything letting you know how much the settlement will be....or is your insurance keeping you informed???
Old 06-11-2009, 05:10 PM
Launching!

The Y3F doesn't really add value to the car. Most people with V8s don't like it. I do cause it makes the LS1 body looks less bubbly. The biggest deal tho is in '99, they made 30K Camaros. Only 5-6K came with Y3F. And around 80% of those cars were V6s. And then in my case, my car had factory flame red interior. In '99 they only produced around 650 camaros with that interior. To give you an idea, the same year, they produced about 850 camaros with white leather interior...

So far tho, I haven't had anyone come out to evaluate the car. The claim agent I talked to from my insurance acted as if he thought the car isn't totalled, even tho he hasn't seen it. Lol. I just laughed when he said that.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:55 PM
Teching In

Ask for physical therapy and the lawer can have it paid for in restitution after the case. You only get a portion of the whole law suit but it adds up as the case drags on
Old 06-15-2009, 12:24 PM
Staging Lane

contact Brian Loncar "strongarm" he sould have that guy that hit you in that truck asking for money in the side of the road in no time

Quick Reply: Another one down... (pix inside)