bank trouble. need info...

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 06:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 02ws666
the receipt wont do ne thing. how is the bank going to tell whos account the last 4 of the account number belongs too. the only way they woudl be able to see whos money it is, is to check ATM logs of that time.. Go to the bank, tell them whathappened, and if they refuse to investigate, then well obv you have no other choice but to keep it. if they do investiggate it, dont give the money to the bank. hold onto it and give it to the lady in person. its simple
How old are you, 12?
Old 06-11-2009, 06:18 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by boosted s-10
i want everyone to understand im going to take the money down to my actual bank in the morning, explain the situation and give it to them to deal with it.
in today's world, i wouldn't be surprised at all if the teller pocketed it

but, kudos to you for doing the right thing
Old 06-11-2009, 06:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WS 666
How old are you, 12?
areyou serious? wow... the receipt has 4 numbers on it with NOTHING ELSE. there is no way to tell whose receipt it is. If the bank refuses to check ATM logs, and doesnt investigate it at all, would YOU give the teller the money? i hope not. or would you make sure they investigate? I mean if they arnt going to do a damn thing, why give them the money? so they can turn around and poket it? so, how am i 12? because i came up with an intelligent method?

Last edited by GTO JIMMY; 06-14-2009 at 12:31 PM. Reason: No need for F Bombs every other word.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

been to a bank lately? seen how many cameras are on the tellers as well as the customers? if they pocket a dollar they are in a shitload of trouble. and at any rate, not all accounts have the same last 4 digits. Anyway i say return the money, as previously said karma sucks.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

areyou serious? wow... the receipt has 4 numbers on it with NOTHING ELSE. there is no way to tell whose receipt it is. If the bank refuses to check ATM logs, and doesnt investigate it at all, would YOU give the teller the money? i hope not. or would you make sure they investigate? I mean if they arnt going to do a damn thing, why give them the money? so they can turn around and poket it? so, how am i 12? because i came up with an intelligent method?
theres only room for one username with "...666"! Round one, fight!

but yeah, i would keep it if they dont want to investigate.

Last edited by GTO JIMMY; 06-14-2009 at 12:31 PM.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:57 PM
TECH Regular

I would do what someone posted above and have the bank contact her with your info and give her the money in person. Otherwise the bank may never follow up and the lady might not get her money back.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:13 PM
Staging Lane

dude are you serious? just b/c i happen to find this money and i start a thread about it your going to call me piece of crap and im dumb enough to get my wallet stolen 3 times? you should smell what your shoveling. you have no idea who i am or what ive done, or even been through in the past year. i wanted to see what some opinions are on the situation besides mine. then you come along and run your mouth. i planned on giving it back bc i know what its like to lose your only moey you have for bills. i just wanted to see if there was honest people amungst me here on tech. but you sir are a complete douche bag.
I call bs on that. If you REALLY planned on giving it back you would have just done so. You started this thread to see if anyone thought you did the right thing and it blew up bc it makes you look like an *** hole for taking the money
Old 06-11-2009, 09:14 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I am one of those guys that would go into the bank and give them the transaction ticket and tell them that you have her $400 leave your name and number for them or her to contact you with at the very least. I probably would have just left them the money also, and checked later to make sure she got her money back and it didn't fall in to someone else's hands ACCIDENTALLY lol! The second only if I felt pretty good it was going to get back to the right person etc... GL!
Old 06-11-2009, 09:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Im not gonna call u anything. But I do know this. Put yourself in the same situation, I dont know you or your situation, but im sure if u did this and relized that u did it and u went back to the bank and told ur story to them, they will find out who, when, and where it happend. My ex-wife took over 250 thousand dollars from me, and I cant do anything to get it back. So in less words, DO THE RIGHT THING. You stole from someone, plain and simple. Honestly I cant think why anyone would do this and then post on the www that they took someone else's money. I thought u had a serious problem like ur account got hacked today like mine did. Hope u sleep well tonight.

Last edited by avengedws6; 06-11-2009 at 09:21 PM.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:10 AM
WKF
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Update ?

Hope it worked out & ya were able to get it back to her one way or another.....
I remember years ago fresh outa the Corp. $400 was all me my wife & then 1 kiddo had to our names till the next payday sometimes .....
Good luck.
Old 06-12-2009, 06:17 AM
TECH Junkie

Last four digits of the account AND the time of transaction. They can/will check the logs and match them with the account. And, as already noted, the tellers are monitored heavily, so they can't skim.

Who knows? The OP might even get a reward.

-Mike

Last edited by GTO JIMMY; 06-14-2009 at 12:32 PM.
Old 06-12-2009, 07:05 AM
TECH Regular

Dude, whether she "needs" the money or not, it is not yours to keep. Now if she walked up to you and said here, then walked off it would be different. Do the right thing and give back what belongs to someone else.

Though shall not steal. If you know it belongs to someone else and you keep it, it is stealing. No matter if she is a dumbass or not.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:09 PM
Teching In

so, how am i 12? because i came up with an intelligent method?
No because I think your method was f'n stupid. To assume that a bank would a: have a hard time finding who the money belonged to or b: not investigate it is just absolutely retarded.

I assumed you were 12 because it seems like you've never been in a bank, known someone that has worked in a bank, or been in a situation like this. I figured either a retard or a kid would come up with something like that, hence why I asked if you were 12.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WS 666
No because I think your method was f'n stupid. To assume that a bank would a: have a hard time finding who the money belonged to or b: not investigate it is just absolutely retarded.

I assumed you were 12 because it seems like you've never been in a bank, known someone that has worked in a bank, or been in a situation like this. I figured either a retard or a kid would come up with something like that, hence why I asked if you were 12.
All i was getting at is that with the receipt alone, they wont be able to tell you whose money it is. It would take furthur investigation. And i also stated that i woudl want to personal return the money to the woman.

I guess that personal opinions differ. oh well its america!

OP let us know what happens
Old 06-14-2009, 12:34 AM
Staging Lane

Be the good guy & take the money back.
Old 06-14-2009, 12:44 AM
Launching!

The economy is bad...i would keep it....lol. Nah jk...
Old 06-14-2009, 01:29 AM
Teching In

i want everyone to understand im going to take the money down to my actual bank in the morning, explain the situation and give it to them to deal with it.
This is the right decision. No disrespect, but you shouldn't need a ls1tech thread post to know to do this. The people that took your wallet those times before and never attempted to return the money to you are worthless pos's, and feel glad everyday that you're not one of them.

littles
Old 06-14-2009, 01:38 AM
11 Second Club

and it shows the balance still in her account and she doesnt exactly need the 400 bucks. thats why im so confused about the situation. i dont want to be an *** about it but at the same time ive have my wallet stolen 3 times in the past year and every time atleat 300 bucks cash, plus credit cards, bank cards, etc.
Return the money and receipt. At this point, it is out of your hands and you have done the right thing. It's on the bank now. With cameras, ATM logs, her information on the receipt, they should be able to find her. Whether or not she needs the 400 bucks is not important and should not even be an item of thought.

Your wallet being stolen and the problems that went with it has no bearing on this current situation. Maybe you have bad luck, at my old age I've never had a wallet stolen nor misplaced.

because i came up with an intelligent method?
Your method was far from intelligent.

Originally Posted by BigLittles
This is the right decision. No disrespect, but you shouldn't need a ls1tech thread post to know to do this.
I agree.

Originally Posted by chargerR/T
If you REALLY planned on giving it back you would have just done so. You started this thread to see if anyone thought you did the right thing and it blew up bc it makes you look like an *** hole for taking the money
I don't know if I agree with this 100%, but the thought did cross my mind.

This is the second or third thread I have read lately where I am wondering why someone would post a thread.........maybe for acceptance for something they weren't sure about and wanted to see how/what others thought.

Last edited by old_goat; 06-14-2009 at 02:07 AM.
Old 06-14-2009, 01:45 AM
12 Second Club

Location: Chitown-Jax NC-Jax FL-Honolulu-OKC, OK-NOW New Orleans Area

So whats the word.. Here is my thoughts. If you take it back and she has the bank roll like you said she may say thank you i was a dumb A$$ and tell you to keep it or give you a bill or 2 for doing the right thing. MANY years ago when I was in HS I found a bank bag with 1500 in it and I turned it in to my work and we found the guy and he threw a few bills back my way. It was christmas time and it was money for his kids christmas gifts.
Old 06-14-2009, 12:29 PM
On The Tree

If all you think it is smart to take the money and a receipt to a bank teller and hope they will do the right thing think you are smart, you are'nt. It does not matter how many cameras are on a bank teller, or anything like that because I know first hand how it feels to get screwed over by a god damn bank.

I do deposits once daily, and one time I get a letter in the mail that states they are deducting $1,000 out of my account because I filled out a deposit slip wrong and really did not deposit the money. I had $4,250 in cash and the girl working there scratched out 4,250 and put 3,250 on there and put my initials on there. To keep it legit and me off her *** she prints me out a deposit slip that states the correct amount so it will take a while to get caught.

I called the bank and they said sorry, cameras can't go back that far blah blah blah. I show them my carbon copy and no where did I scratch anything out and initial anything, hell I even showed them my daily close out which said how much cash I should have. Once again "sorry sir, you initialed and there is nothing we can do because we can't just give you $1,000.

2 months later, same stuff happens only this time with $500 and the dumb *** girl puts her initial and they do an investigation and sure enough the girl was caught stealing. Now of course I only got $500 back because the $1,000 was just to long ago to include. They can rob anybody, cameras or not trust me. If you go to the bank with the 400 bucks cash it is as good as gone, leave your info and keep the money. Tell them you will wait for her to contact you. Sorry for the long *** post.

Last edited by superfreakws6; 06-14-2009 at 09:55 PM.