Old 06-14-2009, 12:33 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep it civil in here guys.
Old 06-14-2009, 01:06 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by superfreakws6
If all you think it is smart to take the money and a receipt to a bank teller and hope they will do the right thing think you are smart, you are'nt. It does not matter how many cameras are on a bank teller, or anything like that because I know first hand how it feels to get screwed over by a god damn bank.
I do deposits once daily, and one time I get a letter in the mail that states they are deducting $1,000 out of my account because I filled out a deposit slip wrong and really did not deposit the money. I had $4,250 in cash and the girl working at the WELLS FARGO scratched out 4,250 and put 3,250 on there and put my initials on there. To keep it legit and me off her *** she prints me out a deposit slip that states the correct amount so it will take a while to get caught.
I called the bank and they said sorry, cameras can't go back that far blah blah blah. I show them my carbon copy and no where did I scratch anything out and initial anything, hell I even showed them my daily close out which said how much cash I should have. Once again "sorry sir, you initialed and there is nothing we can do because we can't just give you $1,000.
2 months later, same stuff happens only this time with $500 and the dumb *** girl puts her initial and they do an investigation and sure enough the girl was caught stealing. Now of course I only got $500 back because the $1,000 was just to long ago to include. They can rob anybody, cameras or not trust me. If you go to the bank with the 400 bucks cash it is as good as gone, leave your info and keep the money. Tell them you will wait for her to contact you. Sorry for the long *** post.
Just curious why you didn't contact the Bexar County district attorney and report a theft?

Is this a way to tell the OP to keep the money? Is this your way of saying that because Wells Fargo (allegedly) screwed you over, it is OK for this guy to keep the old ladies money, because you are 100% certain the bank will screw over the customer and whoever gets the money will pocket it?

Old 06-14-2009, 01:41 PM
Staging Lane

so whats the news.....contact the lady or bank yet? and she prob will reward you.....unless shes a bitch....but it is her money. regardless.
Old 06-14-2009, 02:29 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by old_goat
Just curious why you didn't contact the Bexar County district attorney and report a theft?

Is this a way to tell the OP to keep the money? Is this your way of saying that because Wells Fargo (allegedly) screwed you over, it is OK for this guy to keep the old ladies money, because you are 100% certain the bank will screw over the customer and whoever gets the money will pocket it?
no, it's his way of arguing to the internet warriors in here the same point that i tried to make....like......back on page 1

basically, yes it is the right thing to do to take the money back to the bank. my point, and i think his point too, is that the OP needs to make a judgement call when he takes the money back of if it'll actually make it back to it's rightful owner. i've been taken by a bank before myself, but there's no point in arguing it with all of you knuckleheads that know everything

if i took it back to the bank, and i felt uncomfortable at all with whether or not it would make it back to the rightful owner, i would just keep it. better me than some crooked *** bank employee. and for the little kids in here that don't like that, you can just kiss my ***
Old 06-14-2009, 02:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by superfreakws6
If all you think it is smart to take the money and a receipt to a bank teller and hope they will do the right thing think you are smart, you are'nt. It does not matter how many cameras are on a bank teller, or anything like that because I know first hand how it feels to get screwed over by a god damn bank.
I do deposits once daily, and one time I get a letter in the mail that states they are deducting $1,000 out of my account because I filled out a deposit slip wrong and really did not deposit the money. I had $4,250 in cash and the girl working at the WELLS FARGO scratched out 4,250 and put 3,250 on there and put my initials on there. To keep it legit and me off her *** she prints me out a deposit slip that states the correct amount so it will take a while to get caught.
I called the bank and they said sorry, cameras can't go back that far blah blah blah. I show them my carbon copy and no where did I scratch anything out and initial anything, hell I even showed them my daily close out which said how much cash I should have. Once again "sorry sir, you initialed and there is nothing we can do because we can't just give you $1,000.
2 months later, same stuff happens only this time with $500 and the dumb *** girl puts her initial and they do an investigation and sure enough the girl was caught stealing. Now of course I only got $500 back because the $1,000 was just to long ago to include. They can rob anybody, cameras or not trust me. If you go to the bank with the 400 bucks cash it is as good as gone, leave your info and keep the money. Tell them you will wait for her to contact you. Sorry for the long *** post.

well ****, why not tell him to keep it then. all it seemed like you were saying to me is that she isn't going to get the money back anyway so just keep it. the positive advise seemed to be tacked on as an afterthought. one bad bank teller in your experience does not mean that they all are.
Old 06-14-2009, 02:51 PM
TECH Resident

I'd like to know the outcome of this...maybe I missed it? I work at a bank and your picture was snapped more than once. I just want to know what became of this?
Old 06-14-2009, 03:03 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by rooster99ss
no, it's his way of arguing to the internet warriors in here the same point that i tried to make....like......back on page 1

basically, yes it is the right thing to do to take the money back to the bank. my point, and i think his point too, is that the OP needs to make a judgement call when he takes the money back of if it'll actually make it back to it's rightful owner. i've been taken by a bank before myself, but there's no point in arguing it with all of you knuckleheads that know everything

if i took it back to the bank, and i felt uncomfortable at all with whether or not it would make it back to the rightful owner, i would just keep it. better me than some crooked *** bank employee. and for the little kids in here that don't like that, you can just kiss my ***
It's on page 2, so much for credibility.

Some of you guys are posting like a bunch of kids, playing 'finders keepers, loosers weepers.' I guess things like integrity, honor, character and ethics aren't in some of your vocabularies . Insinuating the OP to keep the money because some of you are certain that all banks have crooked tellers is ridiculous. If you have doubts about tellers, then get written documentation and turn it in to a bank officer or manager.

One thing is for certain, the $400 does not belong to the OP. Not today, not tomorrow, not next year.
Old 06-14-2009, 03:29 PM
Teching In

i used to work in a bank and the last 4 dgits help identify the account and the are prolly going to look at the camera to see bout what time etc...and i beleive that ur license plate shows up on the camera to...the usually have more than one camera on atm machines
Old 06-14-2009, 04:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

First question, did you see a ring on her finger?

Second question, was she hot?

Third question, why haven't you given me the money let?

IMO, you should call the bank and tell them.
Old 06-14-2009, 05:17 PM
Launching!

It's on page 2, so much for credibility.
LMAO! oh no, so i didn't go back and look to make sure i had the correct page!

you're a jerk off dude
Old 06-14-2009, 05:35 PM
11 Second Club

LMAO! oh no, so i didn't go back and look to make sure i had the correct page!

you're a jerk off dude
Let's see, how should I handle this?

Flame back and bring myself down to your level? nah, just ignore.

After seeing some of your other postings, it is obvious you have some issues and aren't worth either the time or effort.
Old 06-14-2009, 06:48 PM
Launching!

Let's see, how should I handle this?

Flame back and bring myself down to your level? nah, just ignore.

After seeing some of your other postings, it is obvious you have some issues and aren't worth either the time or effort.
yeah.......right.

well, i'm glad we can just agree to ignore each other then
Old 06-14-2009, 07:50 PM
12 Second Club

i would give it back... I’ve actually been in your situation twice and gave it back.. But that’s just me…. That is pretty stupid though, I mean I’ve left my card in an atm before at the bank but never the money? I mean WTF? lol
Old 06-14-2009, 08:27 PM
LS7 Member

Why didn't you immediately take it to her if you saw her pull in and were next in line? I would have talked to the teller or gone to track the lady down before making my own transaction. You should have taken 5 minutes out of your day to do the right thing...
Old 06-14-2009, 08:41 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Blue's_Z28
Wow...I weep for the future.
Welcome to Barack Obama's culture.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:50 PM
On The Tree

I never said he should keep the money and he should not keep the money, I stated that he should contact the bank and keep to money to make sure it makes it to the right person not keep it and never worry about it. Sometimes I wonder if people really read posts............ I stated what happened to me to show that all banks are not full of good people like all you say, and nothing else.

Originally Posted by Blue85350
well ****, why not tell him to keep it then. all it seemed like you were saying to me is that she isn't going to get the money back anyway so just keep it. the positive advise seemed to be tacked on as an afterthought. one bad bank teller in your experience does not mean that they all are.
Again do you even read my post, where did I tell him to not do the right thing? I never said because this happened to me so steal from an old lady dude, get it right. Seems like you can't say **** here without somebody taking it out of porportion.

That is right, at least make an attempt to give it back but don't just hand money to somebody and expect it to make it back to that person because it might not.

Last edited by superfreakws6; 06-14-2009 at 09:58 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:55 AM
TECH Addict

Received 112 Likes on 87 Posts

Leave your name and number with the bank. When the person calls, ask them what time and what the amount is. What are the odds anyone but the RIGHTFUL OWNER will know? THAT is intelligent, everything else is stupid and dishonest.

To the OP: You need an asswhipping for not taking that money back right away. It may cross most people's mind to keep, but only a ******* scum bag will. Don't be a ******* scum bag, do the right thing and get that person his or her money back. IT IS NOT YOUR MONEY!!!!!!!!

This really does embody what's going wrong in our country...
Old 06-15-2009, 08:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Again do you even read my post, where did I tell him to not do the right thing? I never said because this happened to me so steal from an old lady dude, get it right. Seems like you can't say **** here without somebody taking it out of porportion.

i actually did read your post, in fact i quoted it genius. all you did was trash everyone who said take it back and trust other people, because you have had bad experiences. and as a side question, why stay with a bank that has tried to steal from you twice.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Blue85350

i actually did read your post, in fact i quoted it genius. all you did was trash everyone who said take it back and trust other people, because you have had bad experiences. and as a side question, why stay with a bank that has tried to steal from you twice.
Obviously you don't have a clue what it takes to set up a bank account with a business and the many bills, taxes, credit card deposits, and so on that automatically come in and out. They assured me that the problem was fixed and I have never had a problem again, I have a very strong relationship and trust my personal banker. Why are you so hell bent on trying to talk **** to everybody? Just let it go internet tough guy.........
Old 06-15-2009, 09:26 PM
Banned

take it back its good karma..