Predictions for gas prices this year(2009)....

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 01:31 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$3 bucks min. Its not going to get better unlike what many people thought when they voted for Obama in 08.

Also I wouldn't worry too much because I am almost sure that in 2010 both house of congress will be on the other side, then if the next congress plays the same game as this congress did with Bush, Obama will be out. And so I say this because Obama is adding taxes and fees left and right for daily necessary living and I think thats one problem. Hmm...I wonder how he will be able to pay for that huge budget? The other is inflation due to China buying all the debt. I wonder how many dollars can fit into the 2000 dollar (inflation was also Bushes fault cause he had to pay for the war)? The third is environmentalists (another direct link to Obama). Environmentalist do not want more drilling i.e. anwar, colo. shale (partially due to high price of drilling in this area), and finally the bakken resevoir in montana and that general area (estimated 500 billion barrels of oil with 4 billion that is technically recoverable for use.) All of these reservoirs have each enough oil to power the U.S. for 10 to 50 years at current increase in population and demand (I say current increase not in the sense that we are in a depression, but rather how we would be doing if there was no depression) Getting back to the environmentalists...they do not want drilling due "harm to the environments of the regions" and of the damage to the environment when the oil is finally consumed. Due to advances in retaining oil, horizontal drilling is now a reality with minimal research left for practical use (in the big picture). Therefore due to horizontal drilling only a square mile or so of land is needed for drilling plus the pipelines that are needed for use can be placed underground. Another factor, many of the studies conducted regarding the environmental changes all have a margin of error because environmentalist researchers have had no actual way to measure the temperature before the turn of the 20th century. So they essentially have had no way to study the past without a margin of error that could be great. So essentially they are saying that the moose in Alaska can not give up one square mile and that fossil fuels can not be used based on data that is flawed. Given that said...environmentalists in my opinion are some of the dumbest people on Earth because of this. Now I would be willing to continue to pay the 50 cents on every gallon of gas (implemented by Bush for e85 and biodiesel) if research is switched over to an alternative fuel that is more practical in terms of exhaust (to keep the environmentalists happy) and price (to keep every sane person happy- not environmentalists) and manufacturing capabilities (if you can't mass produce something this big for an economy than its not feasible) i.e. hydrogen. So this is all linked to Obama. I wonder what you all think on this as I am just an inexperienced 18 yr. old?

If any factual info. is wrong tell me i.e. the 50 cent thing and such.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:32 AM
Staging Lane

my prediction is way to expensive lol
Old 06-16-2009, 07:47 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I noticed the prices at the station I get my fuel went up 7 cents per gallon yesterday. Regular Unleaded was $2.38 on my way to work yesterday and when I drove by in the evening, it was $2.45.
My diesel fuel stayed put @ $2.38.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:22 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WildBills Toyota
Some people just suck at life

No, just you Bill.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

YEAH more taxes!!!!
Old 06-16-2009, 11:11 AM
Launching!

steven p couldn't be right, for example we had a group of environment friendly people get together and decide it would be a good idea to go down to a local car lot in the middle of the night and set like i think it was 10 SUV's if i remember right on fire. WTF. if i can remember correctly i beleive it was a bunch of hummers h2's and some tahoes or suburbans. They're reason for burning the vehicles was so that they couldn't polute the air. But scientists studies showed that by burning the vehicles they had actually created more polution than the vehicles would have if they were driven evreyday for the NEXT 60 YEARS. Talk about about a bunch of hypocrites they say they're all for the environment but pull **** like this. they put 60 years of polution per vehicle into the air in one night IMO some of these people are bigger contributers to polution than the people that own the vehicles.

Last edited by strokerblackhawk; 06-16-2009 at 11:43 AM.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:39 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by strokerblackhawk
steven p couldn't be right, for example we had a group of environment friendly people get together and decide it would be a good idea to go down to a local car lot in the middle of the night and set like i think it was 10 SUV's if i remember right on fire. WTF. if i can remember correctly i beleive it was a bunch of hummers h2's and some tahoes or suburbans. They're reason for burning the vehicles was so that they couldn't polute the air. But scientists studies showed that by burning the vehicles they had actually created more polution than the vehicles would have if they were driven evreyday for the NEXT 60 YEARS. Talk about about a bunch of hippocrites they say they're all for the environment but pull **** like this. they put 60 years of polution per vehicle into the air in one night IMO some of these people are bigger contributers to polution than the people that own the vehicles.

"you like giving hand jobs?"
"no"
"you like getting hand jobs?"
"yes"
everyone is a ******* hypocrite in one way or another
Old 06-16-2009, 11:43 AM
Launching!

^^^^lolol
Old 06-16-2009, 11:43 AM
TECH Resident

I predict more *** raping at the pumps like last summer and thru the rest of the year.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:10 PM
TECH Pimp

Originally Posted by vette
The impartial and LIBERAL media
Fixed it for ya..
Old 06-16-2009, 12:23 PM
TECH Resident

man i think its going to 3.70 to 3.90 it sucks cause i seen prices that where in a time where i wasnt even old enough to drive. 2.00 1.50$ i was like hell yea now im like what the ****. it sucks for the v8 owners cause you guys may have to start paying 4 bucks a gallon. where going to start seeing threads about members asking for opinions about bikes. Hell i cant blame them , a bike does seem like a good idea right now.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by strokerblackhawk
steven p couldn't be right, for example we had a group of environment friendly people get together and decide it would be a good idea to go down to a local car lot in the middle of the night and set like i think it was 10 SUV's if i remember right on fire. WTF. if i can remember correctly i beleive it was a bunch of hummers h2's and some tahoes or suburbans. They're reason for burning the vehicles was so that they couldn't polute the air. But scientists studies showed that by burning the vehicles they had actually created more polution than the vehicles would have if they were driven evreyday for the NEXT 60 YEARS. Talk about about a bunch of hypocrites they say they're all for the environment but pull **** like this. they put 60 years of polution per vehicle into the air in one night IMO some of these people are bigger contributers to polution than the people that own the vehicles.
Well thats another reason that I said that I think they are the dumbest people on earth.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by chargerR/T
"you like giving hand jobs?"
"no"
"you like getting hand jobs?"
"yes"
everyone is a ******* hypocrite in one way or another
Yeah, but although everybody is a hypocrite this is diff. because they were dumb enough not to think about the repercussions of their stupidity.

Lots of **** will never make any sense in this world...its just how it is.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:35 PM
On The Tree

Im thinkin around $3.50 for gas and hopefully about the same or less for us diesel guys. HTF did waste oil and crap a.k.a. "diesel" get to be more expensive than gasoline anyways?
Old 06-18-2009, 09:00 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 98FreakZ
Im thinkin around $3.50 for gas and hopefully about the same or less for us diesel guys. HTF did waste oil and crap a.k.a. "diesel" get to be more expensive than gasoline anyways?
my pops bought a 50 foot sport fishing boat back in like 2000 and i remember pulling up to a crew boat fuel dock. and you know how much we paid a gallon, .74 cents. the government has taxed diesel because they saw everyone buying diesel pick-ups and they wanted their piece. now we're paying 2.45 to 3.75 depeding on the fuel dock and time of year, ohh yea it hold 500 gallons. i remember it being over 2 grand to fill it up a couple times thats why all the bad *** charter fishing boats either quit cause they couldn't make money or they charge so much most people can't afford to go fishing thats why we quit theres no way to make money paying that much for fuel and these boats aren't cheap to maintain. sucks i know

Last edited by strokerblackhawk; 06-18-2009 at 09:07 AM.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:33 PM
Banned

See its all gov't. continues to prove my point, but it won't get better.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:53 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by -Ross-
I noticed the prices at the station I get my fuel went up 7 cents per gallon yesterday. Regular Unleaded was $2.38 on my way to work yesterday and when I drove by in the evening, it was $2.45.
My diesel fuel stayed put @ $2.38.
Im interested to see if diesel is going to sky rocket again or if it will stay in line with gas
Old 06-19-2009, 11:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Considering 2 months ago i was paying $2.20-2.30 for premium, and its now $2.90-3.00. I bet we will see right around $4.00. I think they know thats most peoples freak out point. Weve gotten used to $3.00... $3.50. At around $4 everyone starts screaming and talk about other fuels comes up, so they back the price down a little.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:20 AM
11 Second Club

http://www.eia.doe.gov/oil_gas/petro...home_page.html
Old 06-23-2009, 08:45 PM
12 Second Club

premuim is about 2.80 on ft hood