Anybody ever been robbed at gunpoint?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 09:30 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm, Iv thought about this before. And my question to you all is, how many of you think these people have the ***** to pull the trigger? I can see any of them starting a fight if you get aggressive. But as far as killing someone? I know some of them are stupid enough to think they can get away with it. But I don't know. Just a thought.

Glad you are ok tho.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:11 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jay7199
Hmm, Iv thought about this before. And my question to you all is, how many of you think these people have the ***** to pull the trigger? I can see any of them starting a fight if you get aggressive. But as far as killing someone? I know some of them are stupid enough to think they can get away with it. But I don't know. Just a thought.

Glad you are ok tho.
**** I don't think very many have the nuts to pull the trigger but there is no way I would want to find out. That ****** will pull a gun on the wrong person some day..............
Old 06-20-2009, 12:34 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by superfreakws6
**** I don't think very many have the nuts to pull the trigger but there is no way I would want to find out. That ****** will pull a gun on the wrong person some day..............
sadly as protective of my stuff and my friends/family I would test someone But iv got a keen eye for danger lol... But really.. I would rather just not be put in the situation.
Old 06-20-2009, 04:16 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS

I tend to watch people and try to get fuel at stations with lots of other people around.
yep watch anything and everything around you! had one guy approach me about 3 years ago back when i had my truck . i knew what was about to happen. however as he was approaching me i was getting in my truck. for some reason this ghetto **** thought that standing in front of my vehicle was going to keep me from moving. hehe i hit it and ran over his leg in the process of him trying to block me in!
Old 06-20-2009, 04:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My buddies mom (50 year old nurse) got robbed at gun point during lunch in corpus christi once, was in a nice area too. They demanded her car (were trying to get back to Robstown). She decided to drive off and they put two in her chest and ran off. She lived through it but was put in serious condition for over 2 weeks.

He is an active Marine Recon. officer who was in afganistan at the time so you have no idea how pissed he was. The guys were found, but didn't do much to ease his pain. Goes to show, there are alot of worthless pieces of **** out there, and yes, some of them do pull the trigger and it can happen any time of the day.
Old 06-20-2009, 03:02 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Dirty 30
Did you get the plates?
No I didnt. Their vehicle never pulled into the parking lot. Pulled up on the side street, jumped out over the bushes and ran at me with gun aimed whole time.
Old 06-20-2009, 03:05 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by crAzy95Z28
You should of said shoot me mother ******. Im not giving you ****!!!

You watch too much TV. Thats easy for you to say. The car I was driving, the cash and credit cards I had or whatever else he could have took are not more important than my life, my son without a father, and everything else I have going on right now.
Old 06-20-2009, 03:09 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Not open carry in TX.

Scary **** Mike. I've had a gun pulled on me before while walking on the sidewalk bordering UH central. Some ghetto thugs just trying to scare me. I just stared at the guy, and he got back in his passenger seat and they drove off. Probably 15-16 yrs old, damn punk. The rage I felt afterward is still remembered.

What time was it when this happened? Weird being robbed with an AK47.
About 2:15am
Old 06-20-2009, 03:11 PM

Yeah, I know and also has thugs that robbed you as well. Now days no matter where you are, you have to be very alert. Malls included!!!

Originally Posted by Strini SS
Damn, Sorry to hear that Mike glad yall are ok....

Jeff the area of town Mike was in has all the new and hottest night clubs (up scaled) in Houston.

B
Old 06-20-2009, 03:28 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Strini SS
Damn, Sorry to hear that Mike glad yall are ok....

Jeff the area of town Mike was in has all the new and hottest night clubs (up scaled) in Houston.

B
Thanks man. You know how we know alot of people in that scene and tend to get a little too comfortable and let our guard down when we go to those areas. Its an eye opener and a lesson learned.

Originally Posted by GoldRust
Damn Mike, Paul Told me about this. All BS aside I am glad you and your GF are ok.
Appreciate that Josh.

Originally Posted by LS1 KLR
Mike,
Good to hear you and your girlfriend made it out unharmed!
Don't think you could of done much even with a CHL....

You could of given him the "Dim Mak"! aka Death Touch!

All kidding aside...I'm glad you two are ok!
Thanks Paul. A few years back in my "wilder" days I may have attempted the "Gump Clutch" but the fact that I had my Girl there with me, I didnt want to put her at risk. Just wanted to get her out of there..

Im just thankful that im here typing to you guys. BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!
Old 06-20-2009, 04:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

At least you didnt get robbed by this cat.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:55 PM
On The Tree

Ive never had this happen to me and hope it never doesm but my friend had this happen to him. He lives in jasper and stopped to get gas around 3 in the morning, 3 black guys attempted to rob him at gun point. My friend reached into his pocket grabbed his knife and stabbed one guy in the liver (3-4in blade), the other guy pulled the trigger and the gun jammed, he knocked out one of them and the other guy ran away. the police showed up and arressted the guy that was knocked out however the guy that got stabbed ran off and was found dead several days later. One of the guys is still out there tho. Its safer to just give them what they want my friend was lucky the gun jammed
Old 06-20-2009, 11:52 PM
Launching!

Well...at least they didn't shoot you or your gf. The economy has nothing to do with this...thugs don't wanna work.
Old 06-21-2009, 12:16 AM
Teching In

We had a party a while back where a fight broke out over beer pong that ended with one of my friends having a gun pulled on him, he told the guy if he was going to point it he damn well batter be ready to pull the trigger so the guy who was "regulating" decided it was a good time to put the gun away... The gun pointer was also a "cage-fighter."

When I lived in Phoenix I was putting gas in my car at a gas station off of 16th St. and the pump was messed up and the gas had to be pumped really slow. I'm all of 5'2" and an extremely paranoid person when I'm by myself, since I don't carry mace or pepper spray or anything like that. This homeless looking guy comes up and starts talking to me, asking if I'm single, where I work, things like that I guess trying to see if anyone would miss me or something and the whole time I was looking around... there were lots of other people at the gas station, but I also noticed that not one of them would've noticed if the creepo had hopped into the car with me or anything. I was a mess that whole day. So I decided to move back to my hometown in Texas where the worst thing that's happened was my window being broken out and my stereo stolen... I'll take that over being kidnapped anyday.

Glad to hear ya'll are fine... I went shooting for the first time a couple weeks ago and now have one of the targets hanging in my room. I hope I will never need a gun to need to use a gun, but it's good to know that if the situation ever presents itself I would be able to take care of myself.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:55 AM
Teching In

I wouldn't put it pass those tards. Those "upscale" clubs ARE prime targets for robbery, everyone has to be alert. BTW, glad that you guys are still breathing.
Old 06-22-2009, 12:06 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I got robbed almost 10 years ago in downtown near the Chinatown area getting my passport renewed to go to Mexico. An old wino looking guy came out from under the bridge asking for money and then pulled a .22 revolver out while I was still inside my old 80 chevy truck and I gave him 20.00 and he left. I was only 50 yards from the federal building where an HPD officer was standing in front and I made a police report right away and they went over and tried to find him. This was also in broad daylight at about 1:30 pm! They couldn't find him at least that day but they said it had already happened a few times that month there so far.
Old 06-22-2009, 02:22 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to hear you're OK. Really sucks to hear about this, but unfortunately it's a part of reality these days.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:28 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

My thoughts are that if someone ever threatened me with a gun that one of us is going to die. Me or them.

Not sure about my wife. I dont know if i would freeze up. Im not scared of death (A few tours in Iraq will hav that effect on you)... If i get killed my family gets rich.. lol they'll be fine, but i would hate to live without my wife. Not sure what i would have done. I know what i would do if i was ever alone, but i dont feel so great playing with the lives of people i love.

You did the right thing. You kept yourself and your girl alive. Im sure you would prefer revenge, but what happened happened and there is no going back.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by puggerton03
if you would have had a gun on you do you think you could have shot him when he turned around and got into the truck?
I wouldn't do this if I were you or anyone else, ever. A good friend of the family teaches the CHL classes in my hometown and he said that in situations like this (even if you're carrying) it's best to give him what you have and let him go. Not saying that I'd convict myself, but I can see some liberal pu$$y lawyer taking you to court if you shot the man in the back as he ran away claiming that since he was leaving the threat was gone and you were no longer in danger. I don't know what I would have done in your shoes and I usually carry a 1911 .45 on me. Everyone always has those scenarios playing in their head of what they would do, rambo it up and what-not but when it's happening in real life you just do what you can to stay alive. I think you did the best thing though, you and your woman made it out ok and that's the important thing!
Old 06-23-2009, 02:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HTX
My thoughts are that if someone ever threatened me with a gun that one of us is going to die. Me or them.

Not sure about my wife. I dont know if i would freeze up. Im not scared of death (A few tours in Iraq will hav that effect on you)... If i get killed my family gets rich.. lol they'll be fine, but i would hate to live without my wife. Not sure what i would have done. I know what i would do if i was ever alone, but i dont feel so great playing with the lives of people i love.

You did the right thing. You kept yourself and your girl alive. Im sure you would prefer revenge, but what happened happened and there is no going back.
Ditto to everything said here. Live to fight another day...

Quick Reply: Anybody ever been robbed at gunpoint?