looking for the original owner

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 02:59 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dmoney
I think it's this one. I hope you didn't pay what MTI was asking for it, cuz this guy was selling it for dirt cheap.................

http://www.ccstreetscene.com/forums/...hlight=427+mti
Looks like the same car, but unless they removed the window tint, its not the same car.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:37 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Donohue96M6Z28
Looks like the same car, but unless they removed the window tint, its not the same car.
yeah i removed the tint
Old 06-22-2009, 12:16 PM
12 Second Club

I remember that car. Very unique.
Old 06-22-2009, 03:06 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor / 7 Second Club

If I remember correctly I assembled that car while I was working at MTI. Call me at the shop.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:11 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by GoldRust
If I remember correctly I assembled that car while I was working at MTI. Call me at the shop.
pm sent
Old 07-16-2009, 06:54 PM
TECH Resident

bump it
Old 07-20-2009, 01:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You ever find out any info on that car?

That car has created a lot of talk down here in out neck of the woods...
http://www.ccstreetscene.com/forums/...ad.php?t=19484
Old 07-20-2009, 11:41 PM
TECH Resident

yeah, i've talked to Jason Cohen, David Coates. Josh who now works for LMR but used to work @ MTI. they all basically told me the same thing. But Josh remembered the most and was most helpful. but i still wanna find the original owner and talk to him, and MAYBE even get some copies of the MTI build sheet if he still had 'em
Old 07-21-2009, 07:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

They did say it was built from a 5.7 block tho huh?
Old 07-21-2009, 07:35 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by SHovV
yeah, i've talked to Jason Cohen, David Coates. Josh who now works for LMR but used to work @ MTI. they all basically told me the same thing. But Josh remembered the most and was most helpful. but i still wanna find the original owner and talk to him, and MAYBE even get some copies of the MTI build sheet if he still had 'em
The guy who owned it never really posted on here, also when most people get rid of a car they dont go very far out of their way for it once the car has sold, especialy once it's passed hands a few times.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:56 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BlackTA96
They did say it was built from a 5.7 block tho huh?
yeah, they said he trashed the original motor. and they built a new one, they didnt rebuild the original one. the owner before me wasnt all there, went to mti's site, saw they built 427's out of ls2's now and made it all up from there. now my car has a bad rep. lol
Old 07-21-2009, 09:59 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BizZzatch350
The guy who owned it never really posted on here, also when most people get rid of a car they dont go very far out of their way for it once the car has sold, especialy once it's passed hands a few times.
do you know his screen name. or know or knew him? im not askin him to go out of his was at all. i just want all the info i can get on the car. MTI and jason fom LMR were verry helpfull but the original owner will know it all inside and out. besides as a fellow car enthusiast im sure he would like to know his car is finally in good hands.
Old 07-22-2009, 12:32 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

do you know his screen name. or know or knew him? im not askin him to go out of his was at all. i just want all the info i can get on the car. MTI and jason fom LMR were verry helpfull but the original owner will know it all inside and out. besides as a fellow car enthusiast im sure he would like to know his car is finally in good hands.
I've met and talked to him breifly maybe 5+ years ago? I understand why you want to know more details about the car. A lot of guys sell their cars and never want to see it again, I've had my TA since I was 16, 9 years this July, if I ever sold it, I dont think I would ever want to see it again.
Old 07-22-2009, 12:32 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BizZzatch350
I've met and talked to him breifly maybe 5+ years ago? I understand why you want to know more details about the car. A lot of guys sell their cars and never want to see it again, I've had my TA since I was 16, 9 years this July, if I ever sold it, I dont think I would ever want to see it again.
do you have a way to contact him? or know anyone who would or can get in touch with him?
Old 07-22-2009, 12:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah, they said he trashed the original motor. and they built a new one, they didnt rebuild the original one. the owner before me wasnt all there, went to mti's site, saw they built 427's out of ls2's now and made it all up from there. now my car has a bad rep. lol
The whole "LS2" thing came from scott.
He's the one that bought if from MTI motorsports.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:25 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BlackTA96
The whole "LS2" thing came from scott.
He's the one that bought if from MTI motorsports.
oh really. i wonder why he even thought it was a ls2.

anyway yeah. the original owner jason thompson had mti build it, then commishioned them to sell it. scott bought it for like 22k i think. idk how long he had it or even drove that much. then rick got it for idk how much. now i have it.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:12 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by GoldRust
Actually, we both did. This was the one that needed to be rushed for some reason. The shortblock was on an engine stand in the morning and we actually took it to lunch that same day. It had stock wheels at the time and stock cat-back with a cut-out. It was originally a re-sleeved 422.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:13 PM
TECH Resident

422? this is the first time i've heard this. even when i was lookin to buy it over a year ago everyone said 427. i called mti when they were open and talked to jason and someone else, maybe david? idk. the only paper work i have on the car is this, a internet sale sheet from mti. but it doesn't list any of the work done to the car. only what it has. this is why i want to get ahold of the original owner. or ahold of the build sheet or recipts. i understand the car was built a long time ago around 2002.

and here's a link with better quality pictures

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:...&ct=clnk&gl=us. and search mti 427 trans am, it should be the last link on page 2, its a pdf file of these pics. from my.autorevo.com
Old 07-23-2009, 07:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

oh really. i wonder why he even thought it was a ls2.

anyway yeah. the original owner jason thompson had mti build it, then commishioned them to sell it. scott bought it for like 22k i think. idk how long he had it or even drove that much. then rick got it for idk how much. now i have it.
Yea, Scott didn't have it long. I think rick paid like 20k for it.
Another thing that is weird about that car is the clutch....
It supposably had a McLeod. When the clutch went out rick found out that there was a stock Oriellys clutch in it. He actually matched the numbers. But then he installed a McLeod.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:49 PM
Launching!

so its a resleeved ls1 422cid? i swear ive seen this car somewhere since ive never seen another one painted this color def. a nice ride man, and fyi josh is one of the owners of LMR, not just an employee.

Quick Reply: looking for the original owner