Whats your top speed that you've hit in your current whip?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 01:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

167, Mexico
Old 06-26-2009, 01:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by bmxer8699
probably why it breaks all the time...
When does my car break? Besides a recent fuel pump swap, I havent had to do anything to it in 1.5+yrs.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Bad Blu Formula
Good thing you have a H/C LS1 and put it to good use.
Good thing you have heads to put on your car and don't put it to use.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Bad Blu Formula
Good thing you have a H/C LS1 and put it to good use.
Ya, I guess I should speed/race around the streets and look like a douche/get tickets. Most people that speed/race on the streets look like MF idiots trying to show how "fast" and "cool" their car is, who gives a ****.
Old 06-26-2009, 02:28 PM
On The Tree

Me driving - 140mph in my current car

As a passenger - 190-200mph in a 1,100rwhp supra
Old 06-26-2009, 02:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Donohue96M6Z28
Ya, I guess I should speed/race around the streets and look like a douche/get tickets. Most people that speed/race on the streets look like MF idiots trying to show how "fast" and "cool" their car is, who gives a ****.
do you at least take it to the track? I dont hate on your beliefs about street racing and sometimes it is dumb if lots of people are around! But if you and another guy are the only ones around then I dont see the harm... to each his own, good day sir!
Old 06-26-2009, 02:41 PM
Launching!

167mph in my basically stock 04 GTO slightly down hill lol
running from a certain car
Old 06-26-2009, 03:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

so... why did you put H/C on your car?
Old 06-26-2009, 03:17 PM
Staging Lane

315 KM in 2009 911 turbo
300 KM in 2007 C6
Old 06-26-2009, 05:17 PM
Launching!

108 in my company issued 2004 Freightliner Columbia semi pulling 41K in the 53 trailer. Once on I 65 south in Alabama, the other day on 95 south in Georgia north of the Florida line. (Detroit 14.0 liter 515 hp) super 10 speed manual overdrive, 355 rears. (did it twice lol)
Old 06-26-2009, 05:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
do you at least take it to the track? I dont hate on your beliefs about street racing and sometimes it is dumb if lots of people are around! But if you and another guy are the only ones around then I dont see the harm... to each his own, good day sir!
No, I dont take it to the track. What if me and "another guy" think that we are the only ones around, and theres a cop a couple blocks down the street?

Originally Posted by 96redcamaro
so... why did you put H/C on your car?
I bought it as a H/C car. Either way, just bc its an H/C car doesnt mean it has to be raced. Do all lifted/built trucks go offroading? No, I like to cruise... Not speed around like a 16 yr old kid.

The prev owner never raced the car either. Some people prefer to take car of their car, instead of ragging on it. I can careless what my top speed is, or what my qtr mile time is. There's always someone faster.
Old 06-26-2009, 05:29 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
Oh and my car tops out at 163mph so I didnt have much more room to run...
hmm my car tops off at 174...looks like "porky" is just a hair faster than you

but to answer your question the fastest I have gone was 167 on a closed track in Louisianna
Old 06-26-2009, 05:45 PM
Launching!

and i think the guys with jacked up 2wd trucks look like idiots too as well as the 4wd that havent been deeper than a pothole. to each his own.
are you saying i dont like to take care of my car bacause i like to race? its a sports car. its made for that reason. lol
i take better care of it than my daily driver.
yes there is always someone faster, and yes, ill race them too. lol its all in fun.
whats the point in having your h/c car? gas milage?
im willing to trade my stock parts

No, I dont take it to the track. What if me and "another guy" think that we are the only ones around, and theres a cop a couple blocks down the street?

I bought it as a H/C car. Either way, just bc its an H/C car doesnt mean it has to be raced. Do all lifted/built trucks go offroading? No, I like to cruise... Not speed around like a 16 yr old kid.

The prev owner never raced the car either. Some people prefer to take car of their car, instead of ragging on it. I can careless what my top speed is, or what my qtr mile time is. There's always someone faster.
Old 06-26-2009, 05:55 PM
Launching!

k maybe not all sports cars are made for performance. lol take a 2 door neon for example. they really need to redefine whats considered a sports car.
oh, yeah... 155+ stock
Old 06-26-2009, 05:57 PM
Teching In

If you rode in an Ariel Atom, you would take this all back.
Old 06-26-2009, 06:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by badinfluencelsx
and i think the guys with jacked up 2wd trucks look like idiots too as well as the 4wd that havent been deeper than a pothole. to each his own.
are you saying i dont like to take care of my car bacause i like to race? its a sports car. its made for that reason. lol
i take better care of it than my daily driver.
yes there is always someone faster, and yes, ill race them too. lol its all in fun.
whats the point in having your h/c car? gas milage?
im willing to trade my stock parts

I agree that lifting a 2wd car is gay. But if someone has a lifted, built 4wd truck and doesnt go offroading. Who cares? They may just like they look, they may like having more clearance, who knows. One of my buddies had a lifted Z71 and used to always go mudding, he now has a lifted 04 f150 and hasnt went mudding in it in the 2+yrs that he's owned it. Maybe its bc his lifted Z71 constantly had suspension issues, and he decided to not rag the f150 out? Either way, I don't pester him to go mudding. His truck looks MF sick.

I bought a H/C car, bc I wanted car that had power and sounds MF killer. If I want to race it, I can. But I choose not to. Im sure there are people out there with brand new z06 vettes that don't beat on their cars. And yes, it is 'all in fun'. But once you start breaking ****, its not too fun. Especially when you're a college kid. Maybe once I'm done w school, have a real job, and get a DD I'll race it. But as of now, its not much of an interest.

And I get roughly 10mpg city, 20+highway.
Old 06-26-2009, 06:08 PM
Launching!

I agree that lifting a 2wd car is gay. But if someone has a lifted, built 4wd truck and doesnt go offroading. Who cares? They may just like they look, they may like having more clearance, who knows. One of my buddies had a lifted Z71 and used to always go mudding, he now has a lifted 04 f150 and hasnt went mudding in it in the 2+yrs that he's owned it. Maybe its bc his lifted Z71 constantly had suspension issues, and he decided to not rag the f150 out? Either way, I don't pester him to go mudding. His truck looks MF sick.

I bought a H/C car, bc I wanted car that had power and sounds MF killer. If I want to race it, I can. But I choose not to. Im sure there are people out there with brand new z06 vettes that don't beat on their cars. And yes, it is 'all in fun'. But once you start breaking ****, its not too fun. Especially when you're a college kid. Maybe once I'm done w school, have a real job, and get a DD I'll race it. But as of now, its not much of an interest.

And I get roughly 10mpg city, 20+highway.
haha wow what a waste!
A college kid not going fast wtf???
Old 06-26-2009, 06:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by SIC GTO
haha wow what a waste!
A college kid not going fast wtf???
I owned 4 Z28s before the TA, I used to drive like a jackass back in highschool, but then I realized how gay it was.
Old 06-26-2009, 06:18 PM
Launching!

lol thats because alot of the people with new z06s arent far from a heart attack as is. (calm down guys, thats not yall)
i know all about breaking stuff. thats how i ended up with a truck faster than my car. i broke stuff, and replaced it with better stuff. it doesnt matter if your car is stock or not. if you drive the crap out of it, somethings gonna break. if your gonna race, make sure your car is setup to handle the power and take care of it. things dont break as often as you think. or maybe im just lucky, which i doubt.. lol
Old 06-26-2009, 06:20 PM
Launching!

holy crap did you wreck 4 camaros?