Black patrol cars

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 11:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by INVISIBLEZ
Please my friend, every poor **** has a retired HPD cruiser. It's easy to have lights and a siren. You do not have to pull over for an unmarked car. Drive to a well populated, lit area, and pull over if you chose. If not drive normal until a marked unit arrives. Maybe Ok. operates like that, but in Texas there's enough in the budget to mark the patrol cars.
The fact that some patrol cars are not marked has nothing to do with money. At least in my experience, they purposely don't mark some cars that work traffic. They think they can write more tickets or something...I guess they think we won't see them.

Plus if it's dark and the cop comes up from behind you and has plenty of red/blue lights...how do you know if it's marked or not. You can't see the side of the car.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:25 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by khibbets
I'm not calling anyone a liar. They are mistaken though. Plus, I'm not sure what the big argument is...if it's a cop, regardless of what he is driving, if it's equipped with red/blue lights and a siren then it's considered an emergency vehicle (that is a law)...which means PULL OVER.
So if I go out and buy an old CVPI and throw some strobes on it (some of them still have police equipment left like the headlight strobes, bullhorn, etc) and I can go pull over anyone I like right?
Old 07-03-2009, 11:28 PM
Staging Lane

Anyway guys....good luck. Just so you know though, there are quite a few unmarked patrol cars here in my neck of the woods.

It's been fun.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by c6r
Noticed two black patrol cars pulling people over this weekend in the pearland area , cars have no markens and the officers are wearing black shirts with brown kacky paints becareful fellas.
Yes, I noticed that too. What the hell is going on?

Pearland PD is full of a bunch of haters. Whenever I need to go anywhere I go to Sugarland.

**** that ****.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You probably don't have to pull over for an unmarked cop car, but don't be surprised if you get your *** beat down when you finally do come to a stop.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:31 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
So if I go out and buy an old CVPI and throw some strobes on it (some of them still have police equipment left like the headlight strobes, bullhorn, etc) and I can go pull over anyone I like right?
Are you a police officer??? It's not so much the car it's who is driving it.

I'm done though...this could go on for ever. I have given facts, but do whatever you think is best.

Later.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:35 PM
TECH Addict

Are you a police officer??? It's not so much the car it's who is driving it.

I'm done though...this could go on for ever. I have given facts, but do whatever you think is best.

Later.
Are you missing the point? Having to pull over for unmarked cars could be very problematic. There's a reason why police cars are clearly marked, so you know who is pulling you over.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:41 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Shackleford
Are you missing the point? Having to pull over for unmarked cars could be very problematic. There's a reason why police cars are clearly marked, so you know who is pulling you over.
No. Are you? I go back to one of my previous questions...If it's dark and the officer comes from behind you, how do you know if the side of his car says "POLICE"?
Old 07-03-2009, 11:44 PM

Hmm, from an LEO i can tell you, you DO have to pull over for unmarked cars. HOWEVER if you are in a deserted area wiht no lights. Turn on hazards. Call local PD, 911 to confirm car. If in a populated area, just pull over. Also, when the officer approaches you can slightly roll down your window, keep car in gear and request a uniformed officer. They MUST comply with this request. But it is the law, you must pull over. Hopes this clears up for people.
Old 07-04-2009, 02:40 AM
Staging Lane

I have seen a number of black unmarked v8 Chargers recently. Quite a bit faster than the Crown Vics.
Old 07-04-2009, 06:56 AM
c6r
On The Tree

Damn" I guess I really started some **** with this post about the unmarked patrol car's, but that type of stuff does concern me. I have not had a speeding ticket yet ( had the vette 2 yrs+ now ) and I WANT TO KEEP IT THAT WAY!!!!!! auto insurance is a motha .
Old 07-04-2009, 07:42 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, back to the my original argument. I can go buy a dp crown vic, put some red and blue lights on it and pull people over. Anybody can buy police equipment. Its not that hard. There have been many people that have impersonated police officers, do you guys watch the news? I said before and will say it again, I WILL NOT PULL OVER FOR AN UNMARKED CAR! If it goes to court you will win. Use common sense here.
Old 07-04-2009, 09:56 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Cam72aro
Ok, back to the my original argument. I can go buy a dp crown vic, put some red and blue lights on it and pull people over. Anybody can buy police equipment. Its not that hard. There have been many people that have impersonated police officers, do you guys watch the news? I said before and will say it again, I WILL NOT PULL OVER FOR AN UNMARKED CAR! If it goes to court you will win. Use common sense here.
You go ahead and do that, then you will be on the news. Obviously there are ways to get a hold of "police equipment" but no you can't just go buy it. Specifically, red and blue lights are not supposed to be sold to the public. But don't concern yourself with what I'm telling you, go ahead and start saving your money and your story for a good attorney.
Old 07-04-2009, 10:05 AM
TECH Addict

You go ahead and do that, then you will be on the news. Obviously there are ways to get a hold of "police equipment" but no you can't just go buy it. Specifically, red and blue lights are not supposed to be sold to the public. But don't concern yourself with what I'm telling you, go ahead and start saving your money and your story for a good attorney.
There is a store called "EMERGENCY VEHICLE SUPPLY" or something along those lines that is right up the highway from me and they sell red/blue strobes all day long. If I HAVE to pull over for an unmarked "police" vehicle with the lights going then why have 3 state troopers and one local officer told me otherwise?
Old 07-04-2009, 10:08 AM
TECH Addict

No. Are you? I go back to one of my previous questions...If it's dark and the officer comes from behind you, how do you know if the side of his car says "POLICE"?
Some cars say police in the front.
Old 07-04-2009, 01:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

www.sironet.com sells red blue clear and green. to whoever has money, fyi green signals volunteer fire department. guy i used to work with had a side buisness doing custom lighting installs on unmarked LEO vehicles, he bought all the lighting. you can get the lights very easily. Regardless of this if you dont pull over till a market car shows up and it comes up in court and they try to steamroll you then a quick call to the local news should take care of it.
Old 07-04-2009, 03:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well......

According to the state's OWN FRIGGIN WEBSITE............

http://tlo2.tlc.state.tx.us/statutes....000545.00.pdf

Sec.545.421 FLEEING OR ATTEMPTING TO ELUDE POLICE OFFICER; OFFENSE. (a) A person commits an offense if the person operates a motor vehicle and wilfully fails or refuses to bring the vehicle to a stop or flees, or attempts to elude, a pursuing police vehicle when given a visual or audible signal to bring the vehicle to a stop.
(b)A signal under this section that is given by a police officer pursuing a vehicle may be by hand, voice, emergency light, or siren. The officer giving the signal must be in uniform and prominently display the officer's badge of office. The officer's vehicle must be appropriately marked as an official police vehicle.
So, no. You DO NOT have to stop for an unmarked car.......

Any other know-it-all's want to add their 2 cents?

LS1Tech. Chock full of misinformation.

Last edited by Dan Stewart; 07-04-2009 at 03:55 PM.
Old 07-04-2009, 03:52 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks, Dan.

Requiring citizens to pull over only for clearly marked vehicles ensures safety and leaves no room for the possibility of being pulled over by someone posing as a law enforcement officer.
Old 07-04-2009, 04:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

That just looks like a deffense to use when you get your *** beat from running from an unmarked police car when it goes to court and you pay thousand's of dollars. It still doesnt say you dont have to stop. Dont be stupid, just stop, unless your running killos from the border
Old 07-04-2009, 10:43 PM
Teching In

I'm so confused...

Quick Reply: Black patrol cars