Black patrol cars

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 10:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sec.545.421 FLEEING OR ATTEMPTING TO ELUDE POLICE OFFICER; OFFENSE. (a) A person commits an offense if the person operates a motor vehicle and wilfully fails or refuses to bring the vehicle to a stop or flees, or attempts to elude, a pursuing police vehicle when given a visual or audible signal to bring the vehicle to a stop.
(b)A signal under this section that is given by a police officer pursuing a vehicle may be by hand, voice, emergency light, or siren. The officer giving the signal must be in uniform and prominently display the officer's badge of office. The officer's vehicle must be appropriately marked as an official police vehicle.

So, signal ...by a police officer pursuing a vehicle may be by hand, voice, EMERGENCY LIGHT...

or

willfully fails or refuses to bring the vehicle to a stop or flees. . . when given a visual or audible signal to bring the vehicle to a stop.
Just keep running so we can have more of the Americas Dumbest Criminals chase video. . .
Old 07-04-2009, 10:48 PM
12 Second Club

$5 says khibbits doesnt post in here anymore now that someone looked up the law. lol.

and to duffters. look at what you wrote "The officer's vehicle must be appropriately marked as an official police vehicle."
Old 07-04-2009, 10:51 PM
11 Second Club

Up to the judge to determine if the OFFICIAL lights are appropriately marked, since it's ILLEGAL to pose as an officer with the same lights/strobes.
Old 07-04-2009, 11:21 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

**** it, somebody go try it out and report back to us. let us know how it goes
Old 07-04-2009, 11:27 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Duffster
Up to the judge to determine if the OFFICIAL lights are appropriately marked, since it's ILLEGAL to pose as an officer with the same lights/strobes.
Read again.

"The officer's vehicle must be appropriately marked as an official police vehicle."
Old 07-05-2009, 12:05 AM
11 Second Club

and when it's behind you, how can you tell?
Old 07-05-2009, 12:11 AM
TECH Addict

and when it's behind you, how can you tell?
Well, in some situations you can get a side view of the car. Also, some cars do have POLICE on the hood, so you could see that. I suppose a request to see official markings on a vehicle would not be out of the question.
Old 07-05-2009, 12:21 AM
11 Second Club

Alright, clearly we won't agree, but Im sure the officer will be glad to let you out of the vehicle when you ask so you can inspect his car. . . .

Fin.
Old 07-05-2009, 12:25 AM
TECH Addict

Alright, clearly we won't agree, but Im sure the officer will be glad to let you out of the vehicle when you ask so you can inspect his car. . . .

Fin.
lol. I actually doubt it. They never let you out unless they want to search your vehicle/arrest you, etc.

Usually, you can tell a cop car even if it is behind you with the lights, etc. Naturally, we pull over.

The point is that an unmarked car is a different story. I don't think someone taking issue with being pulled over by an unmarked car is unreasonable. Clearly, it's mandated that the vehicles be clearly marked.
Old 07-05-2009, 12:27 AM
11 Second Club

but doesn't specify what marking IS. . .
Old 07-05-2009, 12:28 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by rooster99ss
**** it, somebody go try it out and report back to us. let us know how it goes
I have about a year ago, the cop was cool with it. Said he arrested a couple goons driving around old CVPI's with strobes a couple weeks back and its a good idea to just keep going until a marked cruiser pulls up OR if you call 911 they can verify if its a real police officer or not.
Old 07-05-2009, 12:28 AM
TECH Addict

but doesn't specify what marking IS. . .
Information that indicates it's a police vehicle.
Old 07-05-2009, 12:29 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
I have about a year ago, the cop was cool with it. Said he arrested a couple goons driving around old CVPI's with strobes a couple weeks back and its a good idea to just keep going until a marked cruiser pulls up OR if you call 911 they can verify if its a real police officer or not.
Good point. They can easily radio all officers and find out almost immediately.
Old 07-05-2009, 01:21 AM
TECH Resident

I tried it on Thursday night on my way from work. I was speeding in the left lane (75 in a 60), when a older civic(something like that) moved over into the left hand lane. Slightly ahead of me in the HOV lane, there was a newer tan Accord(probably). I sped up to try to pass in the HOV the slow *** civic, but the tan Accord attempted to block me. When I looked over at the driver, he gave me the road rage face(he was the only person in the car) but slowed down. I thought **** this guy but nonetheless, he left me some space, so I took it. I jumped into the HOV and hit the gas. Within a second or two the Accord came speeding up on me(I was going 75 again) and turned on some red and blue flashing lights on his rear view mirror. I immediately thought oh ****, but then I thought this ****** is driving a tan Accord. I drove for another mile with this guy behind, before deciding at the next HOV lane opening, I would get over (maybe try to hit an exit and leave him). After another mile and half later, the HOV lane opened, and I merged right. Then the tan Accord's driver switched off the flashing red and blues and continued in the HOV lane. I sped up again try to see the car, feeling confused, but this guy was hauling *** in the HOV. I thought about trying to get his plate, but he exited before there was any chance.
Afterwards, my impression was this guy was most definitively a cop, just not a traffic cop in anyway. Its possible it could have been bullshit though I suppose.

I hope this is not incriminating me.
Old 07-05-2009, 06:53 AM

Ok, i already dropped my .02 in this subject but i guess i will again. You MUST pullover for unmarked cars. AS and LEO i have seen NUMEROUS times people try the BS *i didn't know* story. 90% of the time the judge will NOT rule for you. However, we don't just send unmarked cars out in the middle of nowhere. They are most often found in the middle of the day, in populated areas. And for the poster who put up the TRC code. The TRC is open to interperation. Which means by saying "must be marked" lights/sirens are "officail" markings. So, common sense works here. you could always try to not pull over, but if your not pulling over because you wanna push your luck. Your prolly gonna get your feelings hurt. If you have a legitmate concern, the judge will hear your story out.
Old 07-05-2009, 09:02 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Lonestarz28
Ok, i already dropped my .02 in this subject but i guess i will again. You MUST pullover for unmarked cars. AS and LEO i have seen NUMEROUS times people try the BS *i didn't know* story. 90% of the time the judge will NOT rule for you. However, we don't just send unmarked cars out in the middle of nowhere. They are most often found in the middle of the day, in populated areas. And for the poster who put up the TRC code. The TRC is open to interperation. Which means by saying "must be marked" lights/sirens are "officail" markings. So, common sense works here. you could always try to not pull over, but if your not pulling over because you wanna push your luck. Your prolly gonna get your feelings hurt. If you have a legitmate concern, the judge will hear your story out.
SO I can put "officail" lights on my Sierra then tint the **** out of it and go around pulling people over? Sounds to me like I could.
Old 07-05-2009, 09:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

No offense.........I highly doubt you were ever a cop.......Seeing how you didn't even know the section of the code pertaining to eluding......

You would be the first person to know that an unmarked vehicle will call for a marked cruiser if someone doesn't stop.

Given that the code specifically references a signal device and markings seperately, not a single judge would agree with you.

What was that about common sense?......

Seriously. Stop before you embarrass yourself.
Old 07-05-2009, 09:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Hmm how about if you don't break the law, then you don't get pulled over by a marked OR an unmarked car.

Where do I vote for that option?
Old 07-05-2009, 11:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Every city in Texas has unmarked vehicles that they use every day to write tickets. I guess Dan needs to call them and tell them that they are in the wrong and they are violating people's civil rights. I don't see any law suits going on about these cities using unmarked vehicles.
Old 07-05-2009, 11:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The only thing about you that even remotely sounds cop'ish about you is that you sound like a dick.

Quick Reply: Black patrol cars