Car meet at nasa hooters and 45

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 02:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by retardedpenguin
Why don't y'all split up the parking lot into show and parking. Like if your car is nice they will let you into the show car parking area and then normal cars go to the standard parking area. That can help y'all weed all the **** out like civics with 8 different color body panels etc.. I haven't been so I don't know how it is set up now.
They've been doing that at Hooters.

Kemah always had an area where the nice cars parked. There were some **** boxes (that V6 mustang with underglows, and lambo doors comes to mind) but for the most part the nice cars parked in this one little box by Chikfila. The trucks and Honda's would all be in this little parking lot off to the side revving up, doing burn outs, and blowing their train horns. Have you ever been to a car meet with a bunch of trucks that compete to see who has the loudest Sub's, and blow their god damned train horns constantly... irritating.

Towards the end of the life of the Kemah meet, the gay cars started to kind of flood into the nice car area. The cool guys didn't show up as much, which left room for the idiots to come in and take there spots.

I like the Hooters meet, but it is a pain in the dick to get into. All the traffic backed up on the feeder because of construction is ridiculous. I don't go to Hooters as often as I did Kemah, but it is a good meet for sure.
Old 07-18-2009, 02:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

And about Teaworks... I have stopped by that meet a few times, but I didn't like the crowd that much. If you go there by yourself, and don't know anyone at the meet, people don't want anything to do with you. Its a bunch of clicks really.

I asked a couple of people about their cars only to be ignored. I was at that meet for no more than 15 minutes each time.
Old 07-18-2009, 02:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Juicy J
And about Teaworks... I have stopped by that meet a few times, but I didn't like the crowd that much. If you go there by yourself, and don't know anyone at the meet, people don't want anything to do with you. Its a bunch of clicks really.

I asked a couple of people about their cars only to be ignored. I was at that meet for no more than 15 minutes each time.
Yeah, last time I was out there it was ridiculous. (Teaworks) There was some Scion Crew lmao, and they had neons all over their car's inside and out, and a few of them had number's on their car's like they raced in the gumball rally. It's a joke out there now.
Old 07-18-2009, 03:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When Joe and I were there some kids came up to us and wanted to know if we wanted to race....

a Cobalt SS. <rolled eyes thingie>
Old 07-18-2009, 03:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Blue's_Z28
When Joe and I were there some kids came up to us and wanted to know if we wanted to race....

A Cobalt tc could run with an LS1 with not a whole lot of mods... not really that gay of a car in my opinion. I would DD one.

But ya, its kind of a boy racer meet. A lot of 16-17 y/o's who's parents bought them a car. They all want to race, and mostly drive 14-16 second cars.

The couple of times I went out there, there were a few Z06's, Vettes, Fbody's, and Cobra's. There were a couple of nice imports as well. But it was about 75% gay, 25% decent.
Old 07-18-2009, 03:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JayBee
Yeah, last time I was out there it was ridiculous. (Teaworks) There was some Scion Crew lmao, and they had neons all over their car's inside and out, and a few of them had number's on their car's like they raced in the gumball rally. It's a joke out there now.
You think thats gay? There is an Xb crew in Seabrook that has cruises on Sunday up and down Nasa 1. What posses one to be proud of such a car?
Old 07-18-2009, 03:51 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TLUZLS1
Yeah i went last night for a few minutes but it really was overflowing with rice... It was good earlier this summer but all the rice moved in and took over.

x2 on the silver ls1tech decals, mine are starting to peel.
haha maybe you should've gone somewhere else?
Old 07-18-2009, 06:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

A Cobalt tc could run with an LS1 with not a whole lot of mods... not really that gay of a car in my opinion. I would DD one.

But ya, its kind of a boy racer meet. A lot of 16-17 y/o's who's parents bought them a car. They all want to race, and mostly drive 14-16 second cars.

The couple of times I went out there, there were a few Z06's, Vettes, Fbody's, and Cobra's. There were a couple of nice imports as well. But it was about 75% gay, 25% decent.
Hmmm...J is an expert at all things gay.
Old 07-18-2009, 09:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

x2 I sat with people who talked about their car being fast as **** and what not yet only one car raced (the bullitt that got destroyed by me of course) but none the less id rather go to hrp where i know i can race, not get in trouble and have fun alllll at the same time.
Old 07-19-2009, 02:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I've seen a h/c ls1 get beat by one with just bolt-ons and a tune.... I was surprised too lol.
Old 07-19-2009, 02:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Evo8You
haha maybe you should've gone somewhere else?
Haha sorry im not an alcoholic! But yeah that's the last time I go to teaworks...
Old 07-19-2009, 06:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hmmm...J is an expert at all things gay.
Thats just part of being blessed with knowing everything about everything. I cant help it.
Old 07-19-2009, 11:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Teaworks just sounds gay.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:08 PM
TECH Addict

I've seen a h/c ls1 get beat by one with just bolt-ons and a tune.... I was surprised too lol.
Something is very wrong with that result. A stock Cobalt SS is a low 14-second car.

Last edited by Shackleford; 07-19-2009 at 12:58 PM.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Shackleford
Something is very wrong with that result. A stock Cobalt SS is a high 14-second car.
Go ahead and subtract a second off that time big guy.

And a car with FI is extremely easy to make more power out of... you just turn up the boost. I don't know about the whole keeping up with HCI LS1's though.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:57 PM
TECH Addict

Go ahead and subtract a second off that time big guy.

And a car with FI is extremely easy to make more power out of... you just turn up the boost. I don't know about the whole keeping up with HCI LS1's though.
Sorry. I meant to type low 14-second car.

I could see how a bolt-on, tuned Cobalt SS could hang with or possibly beat a stock LS1, though.
Old 07-19-2009, 02:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

J knows a thing or two about getting run by an import. He's sort of their punching bag with his slow *** SS.
Old 07-19-2009, 02:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well im just telling you what happened. We were all surprised. The guy said he had his stock turbo maxed out on boost (24lbs?) and he had every bolton including a big fat front mount. So who knows...
Old 07-19-2009, 03:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

J knows a thing or two about getting run by an import. He's sort of their punching bag with his slow *** SS.
Cobalts are not imports smart guy. Last time I got beat by an import was when the Chevy 350z beat me if you remember that car.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well im just telling you what happened. We were all surprised. The guy said he had his stock turbo maxed out on boost (24lbs?) and he had every bolton including a big fat front mount. So who knows...
I am not calling you a liar, I don't know exactly what they are capable of with a maxed out turbo, and really don't care enough to look it up. That does seem a little too good to be true though.