Ideas to make more money?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 09:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by retardedpenguin
I work at a bodyshop, it's fun but still. $7.50 an hour at 30 hours a week. Don't forget the hella cheap bodywork and paint. I am only paying $700 to fix all the rust, dents etc on my car and have it painted.

If you know what you are doing, you can make a good living flipping cars. My T/A will probably be worth about $13k or so realistically, I will probably only have $6k into it once I am done. Do the math..

If you can pull it off successfully, you can make some big money. I actually bought these two cars from mini flipping a camaro I got for free.
deer hunter and I were talking about you only making 250 a week waiting tables
Old 07-26-2009, 10:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I couldn't do it, I would probably end up getting into a fight with a customer or something.. I may start looking for another job when school starts, can't work enough hours since the place closes at 6pm.. I tried Strickland Chevy but someone beat me to the interview.

It's so fun though, we are always pranking each other and the boss will mess with people on the phones. It's hilarious..

It's getting too damn hot though, don't know how much longer I can deal with the heat.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bar tending is a good trait for extra cash. I pull about 300-400 extra just working Fri and Sat and I am just a fill in bartender that works about 10-15 hours a week. Although I do have a degree and work in IT and have a 9-5 it is easy money. Hell I think during SXSW I pulled a grand in 4 days.

Just remember it is hard to get into, you usually have to put your dues in before you become a bartender. I have done it for about 9 years between, college station, corpus, Port Isabel, and Austin. Had to pay for my toys in college some how. Just sucks that when everyone is partying you are working. Then again I would rather have savings than a hangover, eventhough I do drink when I bartend. Plus knowing half the barstaff in the town helps your funds also. Funny part is when you get into it, the money is so easy it's hard to drop it. You get to drink, talk ****, get hit on, and make about 200 bucks a night. Just don't get sucked into the lifestyle and keep the $$ in mind when a newly hired, hot *** waitress gets hired.

I may make it sound easy but yes, you do deal with obnoxious people, mouches, cheap asses, and do break a sweat.

With this in mind a simple door guy job is extremely easy and they usually pay 8-10 bucks an hour.