red light camera ticket

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 07:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default red light camera ticket

So i got a red light camera ticket. I was actually in my dads suv because i had to move some stuff. Are these actually legal i plan on getting a lawyer and teling them to prove i was driving the car. Any suggestions?
Old 07-20-2009, 09:06 PM
11 Second Club

if its anything like the cameras we have down here on the side of the highway they take pix of the license plates and pictures of the driver. so they can prove it was you. I drive a fleet pickup for Energy Transfer and we have already had a few guys get tickets in the mail.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

It is only $75.00 It will cost you more dealing with a attorney than to just pay it. Besides if you look at the notice it even says how fast you were going and sometimes they have it on video...

Good luck getting out of it
Old 07-20-2009, 10:48 PM
On The Tree

well this one only took a pic of the license plate, at least thats the only pic in the mail i got, i would gladly spend 100 bucks for a lawyer and get out of it then pay the 75$ because i think its wrong to have cameras like that. Plus its a second entity that writes the tickets and controls the cameras, not the police. People are always trying to make money somehow by screwing ppl
Old 07-21-2009, 12:07 AM
TECH Regular

Man up and pay the ticket! You were the one that ran the red light so quit crying about a $75 dollar fine. If you don't pay it they'll send it to a collection agency and then on your credit report
Old 07-21-2009, 12:57 AM
On The Tree

like i said i would rather spend more money on a lawyer,its not about the money, hell i would gladly give a lawyer 150$ bucks rather then help pay for red light cameras
Old 07-21-2009, 02:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dshag
... because i think its wrong to have cameras like that.
Its too late, the majority of your peers think otherwise hence they are there. Write to your city councilman, start a movement/petition to ban them...that's how you will get them gone. Not paying the ticket will just land you in trouble.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:31 AM
TECH Resident

http://www.thenewspaper.com/

Just start reading. Red light camera's are usually at places that have short yellow lights. Short yellows meaning that the engineers have the light set for 1 second for every 10mph and the red light company makes them anywhere from .5-.75 seconds every 10mph to get more people to 'run' the red light.

Also, the amount of accidents between lights with camera's vs lights with no camera's, the lights with camera's have a higher accident rate from people slamming on their brakes to not run the red light then getting rearended from behind.

Lots of good info there. If they don't have a picture of the driver, they are SOL, because the owner of the vehicle can show up and say he or she doesn't know who was driving the car that day, especially if there are 4 or 5 of you in the household who can drive and no, the owner doesn't have to give that information on who was driving the vehicle.

Good luck.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:45 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In the state of Texas a picture is not required, the ticket goes to the vehicle owner and if not paid it will result in the vehicle not being re-registered until the fine is paid. Unless you report it stolen they don't care who was driving the ticket will go to the owner of the vehicle.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Why not try the defensive driving option?
Old 07-21-2009, 10:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by shandy294
Why not try the defensive driving option?
I don't believe that is an option on the red light camera tickets.
To the OP, your right its not the police that gather the information on the tickets. But they review the pictures/video and send it to the police and they issue the citations. They usually have more info on the driver/vehicle than they send you. I have heard rumors that the cameras will be gone here in Houston after the contract is up????? I work in Southwest Houston and they are everywhere!
Old 07-21-2009, 12:20 PM
On The Tree

Default red light

I wonder if there would be some leniency if you were pulling some type of huge load like a boat or a trailer and stopping just isn't practical...? If you did attempt to stop and didn't make it before crossing the line, it takes your picture anyway, so you're screwed regardless...
Get a bigger blower and just punch it when it turns yellow! LOL
Old 07-22-2009, 04:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Why haven't people gone camera 'hunting' yet? This is Texas after all!
Old 07-22-2009, 05:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by gun4hire
Why haven't people gone camera 'hunting' yet? This is Texas after all!
HOLY **** I NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT!!!!!!!! My 22-250 is perfect!!!! Everybody post up Red Light Camera locations in Houston
Old 07-22-2009, 08:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by casper the ghost
In the state of Texas a picture is not required, the ticket goes to the vehicle owner and if not paid it will result in the vehicle not being re-registered until the fine is paid. Unless you report it stolen they don't care who was driving the ticket will go to the owner of the vehicle.
that's complete bullshit... i just got all my vehicles re registered... not that i run red lights or anything
Old 07-22-2009, 05:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AGRV8D
that's complete bullshit... i just got all my vehicles re registered... not that i run red lights or anything
That is fact here in our area, it came straight from Police Dept....... I have already recieved 3 citations.....
Old 07-22-2009, 06:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just to let ya know My daughter ran one here in NRH and went to the place to dispute it, she said she did not run it, she was making a right turn on a red, and the picture didnt show that. She still got the ticket, because they then showed here a video of her not coming to a complete stop before turning right. There is actually a website from what the lady told her, that she could put the citation number in and see the video. You cant argue with a video camera, it dont lie. Just a little lesson learned up here.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:34 AM
On The Tree

I got one, and never paid it. On my registration renewal it shows
--city it was in-- scofflaw, but they still let me register it.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bad Chad
It is only $75.00 It will cost you more dealing with a attorney than to just pay it. Besides if you look at the notice it even says how fast you were going and sometimes they have it on video...

Good luck getting out of it
he said red light...

don't bother fighting it, just pay the damn thing and get over it. don't run lights when they say photo enforced. there is a sign anywhere there's a camera. if there isn't, then thats about the only way to get out of the ticket. PD is required to post signs when a light of speed limit is photo enforced.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:18 AM
01z
TECH Regular

i got one in my dads truck one time. he just went to court w/ me and they changed it to my name and i paid it. its only 75 bucks and it doesnt even affect your insurance or anything. just nut up and pay for it.

Quick Reply: red light camera ticket