At&t

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 08:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JankesGTO
tethering is available just a simple google search.
I've been tethering for a while now, works perfect..
Originally Posted by bambaboy
Have you gotton charged by AT&T for using tethering?
How can ATT charge you for a service that technically they're network doesn't support yet? Check apple's website for the OS 3.0 update info.. directly states ATT does not support MMS or tethering right now..

As for the comment about "unlimited" google about verizon's "unlimited" having a 5gb cap or w/e and them getting sued about it.. Not saying justice but it happened. I work for T-Mobile and technically there's a 10gb/month limit on all unlimited data features. I've never seen a case where someone went over but still...

Oh and edit, Apple did release MMS support for the phone with 3.0 but "ATT doesnt support it yet". Which is stupid because ATT supports MMS for every other phone and not the iphone, and the device supports it. iPhones running 3.0 that have been unlocked and are being used on T-Mobile (and other carriers) the MMS works fine. Just ATT has a block on it right now for iPhone users.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:29 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you beat what I pay for comcast w/ the same or similar programming/internet. I pay ~83 for all the basic channels and like 120 extra channels, mostly sports. hd box, dvr and HBO. Also have cable internet. All for about 83 bucks, can you make me switch?
Old 07-27-2009, 09:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DeerHunter_Z28
Can you beat what I pay for comcast w/ the same or similar programming/internet. I pay ~83 for all the basic channels and like 120 extra channels, mostly sports. hd box, dvr and HBO. Also have cable internet. All for about 83 bucks, can you make me switch?

Yep, and can also get you $100 cash back for switching to ATT... PM me your address and Ill check if its available at your home..
Old 07-27-2009, 10:02 AM
Teching In

Tell the uverse people to uncompress the HD streams
Old 07-27-2009, 04:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I got uverse, I didn't know it was HD until my roomate told me it was. This after switching from Direct TV, but its cheaper.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Doomsday
I got uverse, I didn't know it was HD until my roomate told me it was. This after switching from Direct TV, but its cheaper.

Are you saying you could not tell if your channels were HD or not? Its $10 per month extra on certain packages to have HD.. HD does not come with all packages..
Old 07-27-2009, 05:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes, didn't know it was HD. I got the HD channels that start at ch.1000, but I didn't know it was HD channels. Direct TV HD is 1080, thats what I was use to looking at. I don't watch TV much, so it don't bother me. Roomate said it was much cheaper in price with TV, phone, and internet. Not sure what he pays, but then he said they jacked the monthly price up on him too.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Doomsday
Yes, didn't know it was HD. I got the HD channels that start at ch.1000, but I didn't know it was HD channels. Direct TV HD is 1080, thats what I was use to looking at. I don't watch TV much, so it don't bother me. Roomate said it was much cheaper in price with TV, phone, and internet. Not sure what he pays, but then he said they jacked the monthly price up on him too.
Uverse is not only cheaper but a MUCH better product, we sell Direct TV as well as Uverse in ATT stores, Direct TV is a 2nd choice to almost 99% of our customers. Your U-Verse bill was jacked up? Or Direct TV? I have never heard complaints of U-Verse bills being jacked up in price.. But if he has had an issue like that, please pm me your info and ill check on it for you..
Old 07-27-2009, 07:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

He said it was the U-verse bill that went up, but the direct-tv may have gone up in the past too when we still had it.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LeadfootDuramax
I have U-verse. I really like it except it freezes up occasionally. One of my neighbors said they got this fixed and it was a bad ground at the pole. It took the repair guy 4 or 5 trips to repair it. Is that a common problem?
The telephone poles are grounded by the power company not at&t. If your neighbor got his fixed by something at the pole if your service works out of the same pole it should be fixed. Freezing service could be caused by a number of things. I.E. def, cable, balen, gateway, distance from crossbox, & or added length to the cable via splices.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:17 AM
11 Second Club

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

my mom is trying to get uverse. first they told her a couple months ago they we could get it and she set up an appointment but had to be delayed. not they are telling her they dont have uverse in out neighborhood. would you mind checking on that for me? zip code is 77089. if you need more than that pm me and ill give you the rest of my address.

she also heard about some deal with at&t where we get 2 blackberrys if we sign up for uverse. know anything about that?
Old 07-28-2009, 02:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ElkySS
my mom is trying to get uverse. first they told her a couple months ago they we could get it and she set up an appointment but had to be delayed. not they are telling her they dont have uverse in out neighborhood. would you mind checking on that for me? zip code is 77089. if you need more than that pm me and ill give you the rest of my address.

she also heard about some deal with at&t where we get 2 blackberrys if we sign up for uverse. know anything about that?
pm replied
Old 07-28-2009, 02:43 PM
TECH Resident

Any idea if the Palm Pre will ever be picked up by AT&T? I want a phone like the iphone that has a full keyboard and that one seems to be pretty close.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tripps
Any idea if the Palm Pre will ever be picked up by AT&T? I want a phone like the iphone that has a full keyboard and that one seems to be pretty close.

I spoke with our regional Palm representative with att, and he said ATT declined the initial palm pre due to palm sales really declining after the TREO phase ended... He said if its a hit with sprint, ATT will more than likely carry it within the year..
Old 07-28-2009, 06:49 PM
11 Second Club

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by camarodave98
pm replied
didnt get it
Old 07-29-2009, 12:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

replied to all! keep em comin guys..
Old 07-31-2009, 12:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

To those who are pming me about jobs with att.

I cant really do anything but tell you to apply online at att.com to a location and contact the manager. Hope that helps!
Old 07-31-2009, 03:20 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by camarodave98
To those who are pming me about jobs with att.

I cant really do anything but tell you to apply online at att.com to a location and contact the manager. Hope that helps!
The only jobs they are hiring for right now is premise tech. your looking at starting range of $11 to $13.08 and the max right now is $16.75. There is plenty of overtime. Houston is looking for about 100 new techs. We are currently working with no real contract with att since august. So we are all waiting to see if we go out on strike or not. Just a lil info on what I know.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so when is texting going to be an 'included feature' in any standard plan? i think its BS that they charge as much as they do for something that consumes so little network bandwidth.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

pm sent