Fedor is joining UFC

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 11:06 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shane Carwin in size and strength might be able to match up with Brock...never deal in absolutes.

Bobby Lashely is just as big/stong, give him some time lets see if he keeps progressing he could give Brock fits in wrestling as well.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:34 PM
Teching In

Fedor is a badass.
But im still a brock fan, but doubt this fight will happen Brock is supposed to fight one of these 2 fighters next but i forget the names

Who did fedor lose too yalll said his rec is 30-1?
Old 07-31-2009, 05:49 PM
Teching In

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/F...143/story.html

according to this, its not gonna happen...yet
Old 07-31-2009, 05:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

ya on White's phone interview he sounded like a pansy once again

just let M-1 co-promote, it's retarded to let the opportunity pass, he'll prob make just as much getting 50-70% as he does for any other card that only UFC promotes
Old 07-31-2009, 08:39 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Nasty99TA
Fedor is a badass.
But im still a brock fan, but doubt this fight will happen Brock is supposed to fight one of these 2 fighters next but i forget the names

Who did fedor lose too yalll said his rec is 30-1?

Not really a loss, it would have been ruled no contest except for the rules of the tournament. It was due to a cut from an illegal elbow. Some Japanese guy. If you google it, you'll find it.
Old 08-02-2009, 07:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not gonna happen. I think White is a smart man for not giving up half of Ufc to M1. Here is the yahoo story. What can I say, told you so. I knew it would never happen.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns
Old 08-03-2009, 03:01 AM
LEO
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
I look at it like this:

The only person that has a chance to beat Fedor in reality is Brock.

The only person that has a real chance to beat Brock is Fedor.

Lesnar shows GREAT changes and improvement every time i see him fight. The Mir fight was by far an excellent show of his ability to gain skill and learn from his mistakes. If he fought Fedor and lost, he would probably get him in a rematch. Guy is determined to the bone no doubt.

This is just what makes sense to me. Both are great world class fighters and i would not be bothered by who won. A) Lesnar beats that proclaimed best in the world. B) He loses to the baddest and it took the best to beat him.
You don't live in the real world if you think Brock is the guy to take down Fedor. Fedor is the greatest because he fights all-comers and doesn't care about weight classes. He has fought guys that outweigh him by 50-100 lbs or more and that were 6" to a foot taller then him. Brock is a determined fighter but it's going to take alot more then what he has to take down Fedor.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:54 AM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Just said he has a chance/the ability, get over it.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:19 PM
TECH Resident

i like brock,but i dont think he can last very long unless he gets on top of fedor.
the odds are against brock thats for sure.

fedor is a ****** beast and from all the guys fedor has fought i dont think brock scares him one bit.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

thread fail

he signed with Strikeforce...with a joke group of talent in the heavyweight division
Old 08-03-2009, 01:22 PM
TECH Resident

I agree with Dana White on this one, even though I don't care much for him. Dana definitely made the right call on this deal. He consented to most of the demands for this fight, other than signing over 50% of the UFC for one fighter, the audacity to even make such a demand is almost beyond comprehension.
Old 08-03-2009, 05:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Major fail on the first page of this thread. Excellent speculation though .

UFC does get Tito back, which is almost just as good as getting Fedor .
Old 08-03-2009, 08:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 96-speed
Major fail on the first page of this thread. Excellent speculation though .

UFC does get Tito back, which is almost just as good as getting Fedor .
Not really, tito is one of my fav. fighters but he's past his prime. He can't beat any of the top 205 guys anymore IMO.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:30 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 2 SLOW
thread fail

he signed with Strikeforce...with a joke group of talent in the heavyweight division
Rogers, Werdum, Overreem? Joke? They have some solid heavyweights.

And if Strikeforce really feels froggy they can have the barnett vs fedor fight over in Japan (where they don't give a **** about Steroids/PED's) and have a huge card.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
Rogers, Werdum, Overreem? Joke? They have some solid heavyweights.

And if Strikeforce really feels froggy they can have the barnett vs fedor fight over in Japan (where they don't give a **** about Steroids/PED's) and have a huge card.
What are they? like the 8th 9th and 10th ranked heavyweight in MMA?

Fedor is going to run through those guys even tho a few out weight him by 20-40lbs
Old 08-04-2009, 10:22 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 2 SLOW
What are they? like the 8th 9th and 10th ranked heavyweight in MMA?

Fedor is going to run through those guys even tho a few out weight him by 20-40lbs
Outside of Brock who is Fedor NOT going to ******* run through? Dominated big dumb Tim...KO'd Arlovski, Mir is not that great, he had a decent run but he's not a top 3 fighter imo. A healthy big nog with both knees I believe could handle him 75% of the time. Couture would be interesting but Fedor would still roll through him more then likely.

MMA WEEKLY TOP 10 HEAVYWEIGHT DIVISION (over 205 pounds)

#1 Heavyweight Fighter in the World: Fedor Emelianenko

2. Josh Barnett - didn't get to face him

3. Brock Lesnar - potential match up we all want to see

4. Frank Mir - would roll through him just as easy as Werdum/Overeem

5. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira - beaten him already

6. Randy Couture - read above

7. Mirko Cro Cop Filipovic - beaten him already

8. Brett Rogers - potential match up in strikeforce

9. Cain Velasquez - could be very interesting, would have loved to see this after brock/randy

10. Andrei Arlovski - knocked him the **** out

So out of the top 10 there who really are we worried about him not fighting outside of Brock/possibly Randy due to the strikeforce thing? I'm still hoping they pull off the barnett fight.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:52 PM
Banned

I used to respect Fedor. To me it looks like him and his manager always find ways to duck the big payout fights. He always called himself the last Emperor, then he should fight the number 1 guys out there period. Dana gave him everything to make it happen and fedor walked. My personal opinion he is a big fatty. Although brock needs an attitude adjustment and alot to learn i think he would make fedor look stupid and Fedor's manager knows this. Hence the off the wall demands to be in UFC. Champions fight the best no matter what. Thats what makes them champions.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:14 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by KLRWS6
I used to respect Fedor. To me it looks like him and his manager always find ways to duck the big payout fights. He always called himself the last Emperor, then he should fight the number 1 guys out there period. Dana gave him everything to make it happen and fedor walked. My personal opinion he is a big fatty. Although brock needs an attitude adjustment and alot to learn i think he would make fedor look stupid and Fedor's manager knows this. Hence the off the wall demands to be in UFC. Champions fight the best no matter what. Thats what makes them champions.
I feel you, BUT, it is a both way fight between the two. Could go both ways. I think this is the best of the best match up. You need to realize that Dana asked Brock to bring some of the WWE BS to UFC, that is allot of what the **** talking was about when he defeated Frank Mir. Not just acting out. But it was a little of both. He did apologize and does respect Mir. But just had to shut up the BS he was spouting out by bashing his face and making Mir look like he was a newb.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:04 AM
LEO
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
I feel you, BUT, it is a both way fight between the two. Could go both ways. I think this is the best of the best match up. You need to realize that Dana asked Brock to bring some of the WWE BS to UFC, that is allot of what the **** talking was about when he defeated Frank Mir. Not just acting out. But it was a little of both. He did apologize and does respect Mir. But just had to shut up the BS he was spouting out by bashing his face and making Mir look like he was a newb.
Get over the Brock nut-swinging, he's not that good.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:24 AM
TECH Regular