I got a no front plate and a tint ticket about a week ago...dismissable?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 03:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WildBills Toyota
the plate has to be at the furthest front part of the car. If its on the dash it is not legal.
wrong.
Old 08-03-2009, 03:19 PM
On The Tree

we've been over this a thousand times.

1. law says that the car has to be visible from the front
2. doesn't say the front bumper
3. there is also a law that says you cannot have anything mounted to the front windshield that will limit visibility

that being said: if THE LAW SAYS you CANNOT put anything in your front windshield and THE LAW SAYS that the front lp has to be "in the front" if the car, where else are you gonna put it !?!?

if you're going to not put a front plate on be advised that you are openiong the door for 1) being pulled over 2) getting a citation 3) having the officer talk **** to you 4) wasting your time 5) possibly getting detained 6) possibly being searched 7) if you have open warrants you're going to jail and 8) if you've been drinking and driving (which on this forum it's HIGHLY LIKELY) you will go to jail for DUI.

all because you want to "find a way around the law"
Old 08-03-2009, 09:39 PM
11 Second Club

if you take a pic of the tint and plate and think that's gonna be enough to get your citations dropped, you're wasting your time. when you go to the court to take care of it, they want to see it in real time that you fixed the offenses.

on a side note, it just bugs me that i see EVERY single beamer, benz, or any other luxury vehicle with no plates everyday and they never get cited. it's like the law is jumproped by those who own those.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Come'on Donohue. . .post up the latest news. . .
Old 08-03-2009, 10:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Duffster
Come'on Donohue. . .post up the latest news. . .
Got pulled over again today, same state trooper, same time, same spot(right in front of my job, I might as well not even go to work anymore, Im losing more money then Im making). Gave me the same 2 tickets... no front plate, and my tint being too dark. I thought I had till my court date to fix the problems. I got to work, and ripped the tint off and put my front plate on. I've been MF busy as hell with work(2 jobs). And moving in to my new place/cleaning my old place. This is MF ridiculous. What are the chances of me getting all 4 of these tickets dropped
Old 08-03-2009, 11:02 PM
11 Second Club

you cannot get the same non-moving citation multiple times like that. you have till the court date to take care of it, another officer can't cite the same offense like that, total crap. now if it was racing, you can stack up as many as you want.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by KL20
you cannot get the same non-moving citation multiple times like that. you have till the court date to take care of it, another officer can't cite the same offense like that, total crap. now if it was racing, you can stack up as many as you want.

Are you sure of this?
Old 08-03-2009, 11:20 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Donohue96M6Z28
Got pulled over again today, same state trooper, same time, same spot(right in front of my job, I might as well not even go to work anymore, Im losing more money then Im making). Gave me the same 2 tickets... no front plate, and my tint being too dark. I thought I had till my court date to fix the problems. I got to work, and ripped the tint off and put my front plate on. I've been MF busy as hell with work(2 jobs). And moving in to my new place/cleaning my old place. This is MF ridiculous. What are the chances of me getting all 4 of these tickets dropped
wtf! thats ****** ridiculous! that cop aint got **** else to do???? well i dont know about the tint ticket but all you gotta do is take a picture of the license plate mounted and show them in court and they will dismiss it. for those of you who said that wont work your full of **** cuz i've done it before. but you'll have to pay the court fee, i forgot how much that is. Good Luck!
Old 08-03-2009, 11:31 PM
11 Second Club

unless it's been changed it's how it was. i was pulled over for no plate, informed the cop i had a ticket the day before from it and he explained to me the situation. i'd check on it asap tomorrow.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I know for sure I'd file a complaint. You have the guy's badge number on the tickets.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:33 AM
Staging Lane

man seriously the damn front plate don't look that bad and is NOT worth the bs.... put it on and go about ur business..... wtf oh having a front plate makes u un cool? ha don't think so! not having it on just makes u worry bout getting pulled over then when u get pulled over u look like a dip **** for no reason.... put it on and just ( like i said before) go on bout ur business.....

ZeKe
Old 08-04-2009, 02:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Put it on the front air dam. That's where I mounted mine... AND i left a little lip of plastic air damn on the bottom, so in case i scrape anything, it doesnt eff up the plate. Ya know? Woot!

It is pretty visible. After I installed I had my gf drive in front of me in her car and see if she could see it in her rear view. She said yes.
Granted, my car has not been lowered. But, yeah... no ticket so far. I've also had the car for 2 years, ran a front plate for a year (didn't have a cover), and for a year, haven't had any problems with the cover on. Got stopped by a cop on campus once, told him the car came like that, and he walked away. No biggy.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mr_montellano
man seriously the damn front plate don't look that bad and is NOT worth the bs.... put it on and go about ur business..... wtf oh having a front plate makes u un cool? ha don't think so! not having it on just makes u worry bout getting pulled over then when u get pulled over u look like a dip **** for no reason.... put it on and just ( like i said before) go on bout ur business.....

ZeKe
I find your sig pic rather ironic. Also, if we follow your logic then say goodbye to ORY's and louder-than-normal exhausts because you'll voilate noise ordinances. On that note, don't play your stereo too loud. And never....EVER exceed the speed limit.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:10 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by gun4hire
I find your sig pic rather ironic. Also, if we follow your logic then say goodbye to ORY's and louder-than-normal exhausts because you'll voilate noise ordinances. On that note, don't play your stereo too loud. And never....EVER exceed the speed limit.
That's not really the point. If you give a police officer a visible excuse to pull you over, they will. Especially if they know you/your car and have it in for you, which it sounds like is the case here.

-Mike
Old 08-04-2009, 10:28 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by gun4hire
I know for sure I'd file a complaint. You have the guy's badge number on the tickets.
Ya, I have his name and theres some number next to it (im going to assume his badge number). I hate looking at my car now

Originally Posted by mr_montellano

ZeKe
Umm... ya. The plate on th front does look gay, and so do my windows now. Either way, read the thread man. I've already put the plate on and removed my tint.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:30 AM
TECH Junkie

This is STRAIGHT from the DPS site...

How many license plates am I required to display?
State law requires that you display two (2) license plates, one to the front and one to the rear. Placement or mounting of license plates is not defined.

*This guidance is referenced in TXDOT's requirements to properly display the registration certificate. DPS does not inspect the license plate itself, but instead inspects the license plate lamp.

View Transportation Code
View Sec. 502.404. Operation of Vehicle Without License Plate or Registration Insignia
View Department Rules/Regulation Inspection criteria
View 04.20.00 Details of Inspection & Search for 20.18 License Plate Lamp
Old 08-04-2009, 10:33 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by imlooking
we've been over this a thousand times.

1. law says that the car has to be visible from the front
2. doesn't say the front bumper
3. there is also a law that says you cannot have anything mounted to the front windshield that will limit visibility

that being said: if THE LAW SAYS you CANNOT put anything in your front windshield and THE LAW SAYS that the front lp has to be "in the front" if the car, where else are you gonna put it !?!?
Well I can guarantee you that putting the license plate in my windshield has NOT limited my visibility. So what would be illegal about it then?
Old 08-04-2009, 11:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Pat

just put that Lp on man... why even bother going through all this and waste of ur time showing up in court over it. I been running the front plate for a couple of years and don't think a ss grille is worth the hassle. It definitely looks better but I want to avoid every possible scenario when it comes to five0 lights behind me.

Gl on your 4 tickets

Last edited by DarkhorSe_SS; 08-04-2009 at 12:22 PM.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Donohue96M6Z28
Well I can guarantee you that putting the license plate in my windshield has NOT limited my visibility. So what would be illegal about it then?
I got pulled over by a cop for the same thing just last week. I was aparently speeding also
But long story short I asked him about my license plate, and he said the windshield is OK as long as it is not obstructed by anything (windshield wipers, etc). I also have another friend with an f-body that got pulled over, threw it on the dash and hasn't gotten **** for it since.

I think mounting it on the air dam, behind a billet grille, and windshield are all pretty iffy spots. Technically on the air dam it wouldnt really be "obstructed" but not the most visible either. Behind the grille, if a cop wanted to could definitely call it obstructed. As for the windshield, i think its the best bet.

Idk if my tint is legal or not, but cops never see it anyway..
Old 08-04-2009, 03:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

I've had my on the air damn for years with out a problem and I live in Keller, if you know anything about that city. There cops are bad about dumb **** like that. Also have a customer who has a charger and has his LP mounted on the windshield. Never has had a problem.

Quick Reply: I got a no front plate and a tint ticket about a week ago...dismissable?