1 Month away from College Football!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 10:28 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cant wait for the season to start with Texas having so many starters returning. I forsee a national championship if they keep the mistakes in check!
Old 08-14-2009, 08:47 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by blown4.6
I cant wait for the season to start with Texas having so many starters returning. I forsee a national championship if they keep the mistakes in check!
Old 08-14-2009, 10:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

been reading a lot about UT's first two open practices, the offense looked great in the first one, and in full pads the defense was the talk of the town on thrusday.

look out for Marquise Goodwin this year...he's like Ramonce Taylor but faster...
Old 08-14-2009, 11:32 AM
Texas Director

Been reading a lot about UT as well 2 Slow. I get a lot of good info on Texas. This is Texas' best shot going into the season since 2004 to play for a national championship. This team will go as far as the defense takes them. We know the offense will be there. If the holes can be filled on defense and a few questions answered, which I think they will be, Texas should play for it all. The breakthough player on defense to watch out for is true freshman Alex Okafor. He's a beast and is already giving the offense fits.

Of course the Texas/OU game is a huge determining factor in who will represent the South in the CCG, but the OSU game at Stillwater is the scariest game on the schedule to me. Both will be hard fought games. I think OSU could be last year's Texas Tech.

Hook'em!
Old 08-14-2009, 11:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mmiller
Been reading a lot about UT as well 2 Slow. I get a lot of good info on Texas. This is Texas' best shot going into the season since 2004 to play for a national championship. This team will go as far as the defense takes them. We know the offense will be there. If the holes can be filled on defense and a few questions answered, which I think they will be, Texas should play for it all. The breakthough player on defense to watch out for is true freshman Alex Okafor. He's a beast and is already giving the offense fits.

Of course the Texas/OU game is a huge determining factor in who will represent the South in the CCG, but the OSU game at Stillwater is the scariest game on the schedule to me. Both will be hard fought games. I think OSU could be last year's Texas Tech.

Hook'em!

The defensive players making the biggest impact in practice so far have been Earl Thomas (and Williams/Ch. Brown), Houston and Kindle.

Okafor will get his chances as a situational pass rusher but he needs a lot of polishing and doesn't quite have the size on his frame to be a consistent DE.

Our defense is going to be nasty this year, Muschamp has really been mixing up the sets. I can't wait.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:06 PM
Texas Director

No doubt Kindle is a beast. I think Texas has got a good six-man rotation at tackle, which is a question mark, with Lamarr Houston, Ben Alexander, Kheeston Randall, Tyrell Higgins, Calvin Howell, and Derek Johnson. The x-factor on the d-line is Kindle, and Okafor will also be a key contributor. If Okafor becomes the player the coaches think he will they will probably spin a defensive end down to tackle.

The standout DB's no doubt are Earl Thomas and Chykie Brown. Aaron Williams is another big-time player. Texas has so much depth in the secondary and can keep rotating fresh players into the lineup without any big dropoff.

I was in Austin in June for one of the football camps and talked to Muschamp for quite a while. He's definitely a character and very intense. The Longhorn defense is going to be vicious this year.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:26 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blown4.6
This would be a 'MOTO' statement. . .
Old 08-14-2009, 04:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4399732

poor oklahomo

"Oklahoma senior linebacker Mike Balogun's eligibility has been decertified by the NCAA because of his previous participation in a semi-pro football league, putting his 2009 season in jeopardy."