Need help with question on t-56 (gto vs f body)

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 05:43 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help with question on t-56 (gto vs f body)

i have a Gto 04 t56 m6 trans behind my Ls2 with an F body shifter. It won't shift into the top gears but shifts into the lower gears just fine. I was rereccomended to either change to f body trans or to buy an offset lug for f body. Is anyone familiar with this or where to get one? Please fill me in and let me know.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:25 PM
9 Second Club

Sitting here watching a boring *** movie with the wifey, and I noticed your post.

A friend ran into the same issue on a swap he's doing (S-10 Blazer with LS1 and GTO M12 T-56). He had to change the shifter lever cup in the trans due to the same thing...it's the female cup area inside the shifter opening that the shift lever ball goes into. Looking at my notes, it was PN 12523298, and it was somewhere near, +/-, to $50ish. Hope this helps. Also, as you probably know, you need an F-car bellhousing with your F-car starter or a GTO/GTO bellhousing / starter combo unless you want to modify the bellhousing. Good luck on the project. Dave
Old 08-07-2009, 09:47 PM
Launching!

Much appreciated sir, this helps out a whole lot! I will be picking one up tomorrow and yes I thankfully have a Gto starter too as well.